Due to security restrictions in place, only vehicles with a Department of Defense sticker on them will be allowed to drive onto the grounds of the U.S. Naval Academy for ALL events.
Click HERE for:
- vehicle and pedestrian access information,
- shuttle bus availability,
- ticket information,
- team schedules, plus
- maps and directions to Annapolis and the USNA.
Scott Natatorium was built in 1924 and has been the home of Navy water polo since the program's resurrection prior to the 1982 season. It is 150 feet long, 60 feet wide and 10 feet deep. When it was constructed it was one of the largest indoor tile pools in the country.
Located inside of Macdonough Hall, Scott Natatorium underwent massive refurbishing during the summer of 2010. Among the amenities completed as part of the work included the installation of a new lighting system, a new pool deck and upgrades to the pool and locker rooms.
Scott Natatorium is named for Rear Admiral Norman Scott, USN (Class of 1911), who as a Midshipman was very instrumental in the introduciion of intercollegiate swimming to the Naval Academy during his final year as a student. He went on to receive the Congressional Medal of Honor for his heroism displayed during the Battle of Savo Island on the night of November 12-13, 1942. Scott would fight in two World Wars during his military career.
Bleacher seating is located just feet from the pool to provide the Navy water polo team one of the top home-pool advantages in all of America.