The Navy Sports Marketing department offers internships throughout the year; summer, fall and spring. During the fall and spring the internships are designed to mirror the academic semester and run from the first week of class to the final week of class. Exam week is optional for interns to complete event work but the office hours officially end the week before exams. Summer internships are designed to meet the availability of prospective students.
Students must be energetic, responsible, organized and motivated to assist the Navy Sports Marketing office in carrying out the marketing plan for one of the top intercollegiate athletic programs in the country. Students are required to work 10-15 hours a week in the office and handle any event/game day responsibilities assigned. Course credit is available if approved by one's college/university.
- Assist in marketing, promotions and game day operations for Navy Athletic events (i.e. football, basketball, soccer and lacrosse) and NCAA hosted tournaments.
- Distribution of promotional materials, including team posters and schedule cards.
- Assist in the development of the Billy the Kid Club.
- Assist staff in creation of sports marketing plans, the implementation of the plans and the season ending wrap-ups for each sport.
- Other daily assignments as administered by the staff.
- Access to all areas at all events worked
- Complimentary merchandise and apparel when available
- Opportunity to be involved with one of the premier Division 1 athletic programs in the country
- Networking opportunities
How to Apply: Call Ty Osborne at (410) 293-8785 or email email@example.com for more information.
The Navy Sports Marketing office is located on the second floor of Ricketts Hall at the U.S. Naval Academy in Annapolis, MD.