Please contact the sports information representative for the sport you wish to cover for further information on requesting a credential and / or to formally request a credential to a Navy home sporting event. Requests need to be made one week prior to the date of the game to allow processing and delivery time for any and all passes that require parking.
Sr. Assoc. A.D./Sports Information
Asst. A.D./Sports Information
|firstname.lastname@example.org||Asst. Football, M. Golf, M. Lacrosse, Squash, Wrestling|
Asst. A.D./Sports Information
|email@example.com||W. Basketball, Swimming, M. Tennis, Volleyball|
|firstname.lastname@example.org||M. Basketball, W. Golf, Sailing,
M. Soccer, W. Tennis
|email@example.com||Baseball, Cross Country, Gymnastics, Rifle, Rowing, W. Soccer|
|firstname.lastname@example.org||W. Lacrosse, Sprint Football, Track & Field, Water Polo|
Credentials will be approved in the following order of priority:
- Originating radio and television personnel involved in a live broadcast and media outlets that regularly cover either Navy or the visiting team. Wire services, regional and national publications are also afforded this priority.
- Non-originating radio and television personnel producing reports on the game. Only local radio stations with a full-time sports director conducting a regular sports show receive consideration for credentials.
- Non-daily newspapers or publications reporting on the game.
- Non-sports media writing for a daily newspaper or magazine.
- Credentials may be issued:
a) to online entities that are affiliated with a national or regional media organization; or,
b) to online entities that host a website that regularly and substantially reports on Navy or the visiting team, and employs for that dedicated website at least one full-time permanent employee who writes a substantial majority of all material posted on the site, and that registers a minimum of 20,000 legitimate unique users per month in each of the past 12 months.
An online entity that meets the requirements of either 5.a) or 5.b) and which sponsors message boards or chat rooms may be credentialed only if the entity enforces its policies regarding abusive or discriminatory material.
Photographers who are requesting a credential for a Navy sporting event must agree to the following conditions:
A credentialed photographer MAY NOT ...
- Sell photographs of student-athletes with remaining athletic eligibility for private use (NCAA Bylaw 220.127.116.11), including parents or other relatives or acquaintances of the student-athlete;
- Post photographs of student-athletes with remaining eligibility on social media accounts;
- Post a portfolio to a commercial web site that contains information about a photographer's business, or either advertises or promotes the services of the photographer;
- Place a student-athlete's name or photo on commercial items (t-shirts, posters, etc.) that are produced by a commercial agency.
A credentialed photographer MAY ...
- Provide photos of the student-athletes to the athletic department, provided the photographs do not contain a watermark or logo of the commercial entity or photographer;
- Post photographs of student-athletes with remaining eligibility to a web site for "newsworthy" or "informational" purposes as long as there is no link to a commercial web site or social media page that advertises the services of the photographer;
- Post photographs of student-athletes whose eligibility has expired.
NCAA Bylaw 18.104.22.168 states that after an individual becomes a student-athlete, they shall NOT remain eligible for participation in intercollegiate athletes if they, a) accepts any remuneration (money) for permits the use of his / her name or picture to advertise, recommend or promote directly the sale or use of a commercial product or service of any kind, and b) receives remuneration for endorsing a commercial product or service through the individualÕs use of such product or service.
Also per NCAA guidelines, Navy will not credential parents of players on either team competing in a sporting event.
Due to limited space and to ensure compliance with NCAA guidelines, no credentials will be issued to either "free-lance" writers or photographers without a specific assignment received in writing by the assigning organization.
All persons picking up credentials will be required to furnish positive photo identification.
All credentials are non-transferable, and no credentials will be issued to those under the age of 18.
Navy and the NCAA prohibit the issuance of credentials to representatives of an organization that regularly publishes gambling information, such as "tout sheets" or "tip sheets."
No credentials will be granted for Internet-only outlets, unless they are affiliated with a regional or national news-gathering organization.
The acceptance of media credentials is an acknowledgement of Navy's rights to the game and play-by-play coverage and an outlet's agreement to abide by any restrictions Navy may place on real-time play-by-play coverage and use of comprehensive game statistics. Failure to abide by these restrictions implemented by Navy may result in revocation of press credentials. Navy reserves the right to grant approval for distribution of real-time play-by-play, game-related statistics and information through the Internet ("real time" is defined as any online media providing live continual play-by-play coverage, in-game statistics, digital photographs, or audio or video of an event).
This Credential is issued as a courtesy to an accredited agency (the "Agency") for the sole purpose of providing stadium or venue access to an individual representative of the Agency (the "Representative") who has a legitimate working or participating function in connection with the event for which this credential is issued (the "Event"). Any unauthorized use of this Credential or violation of its terms subjects the Representative to ejection from the Event stadium or venue(s) and revocation of the Credential. This Credential is non-transferable and may be revoked at any time without cause.
This Credential authorizes the use by the Agency, solely for news and editorial coverage of the Event, of any descriptions, accounts, photographs, films, audio or video recordings or drawings of the Event. Any other use or attempted use by the Representative or the Agency is expressly prohibited, unless the Agency has obtained the advance written permission of the American Athletic Conference / Patriot League for such other use. The Representative shall not use more than two (2) minutes of video highlights from the Event, and such usage shall be limited to a regularly scheduled television newscast aired by the Agency within a 48-hour period following the Event.
Representative assumes all risk of harm while covering this Event. The Agency and the Representative agree to indemnify and hold harmless the American Athletic Conference / Patriot League from and against any and all claims arising out of any acts or omissions of the Representative.
Acceptance of this Credential constitutes agreement by the Representative and the Agency to abide by the foregoing conditions.