Certified Athletic Trainer - Internship
The Naval Academy Athletic Association is offering multiple post-graduate internship positions as a Certified Athletic Trainer. The purpose of this internship is to provide the entry-level athletic trainer with the resources, tools, education, and support to grow as a healthcare professional, and evolve into a leader in the field of athletic training.
The Naval Academy Sports Medicine Department is responsible for providing medical care and coverage for 33 Division-I varsity teams, as well as club sports. This offers a broad variety of potential clinical experience and injury management. In efforts to stay current with delivering evidence-based practice, a monthly education series will be offered. The curriculum will involve multiple formats best suited to the topic being presented; including journal clubs, lab-based sessions, case-studies, lectures, and discussions. Exposure to multiple disciplines within sports medicine will also be scheduled through rotations with our orthopedic and primary care clinics.
- Operate within all scopes of practice as an athletic trainer for the team, or teams, assigned.
- Coverage of intercollegiate athletic team practices and games.
- Athletic training facility supervision and management per facility standards.
- Communication with the team physician and other members of the multidisciplinary team.
- 10 month position beginning July 16, 2018 and ending May 15, 2019
- Stipend of $18,000 is offered
- Potential for position renewal the following year
- Bachelors of Science degree from a CAATE accredited athletic training program
- Master's degree preferred
- Certified by the NATABOC, or eligible to sit for the exam
- Obtain athletic training licensure in the state of Maryland, and an Evaluation and Treatment Protocol approved by the Maryland Board of Physicians
Qualified applicants should send a cover letter, resume, and three professional references with addresses and telephone number to Meghan Kelly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be accepted until March 9, 2018.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer