Navy improves to 3-2 with rout of visiting Shoremen.
Abdullah, Mannion and Vermeer receive academic recognition.
2016-17 Patriot League Academic Honor Roll
2016-17 - FRESHMAN:
• Competed on the Navy Basketball Development Team.
• Named to the Patriot League Academic Honor Roll.
• Mannion lettered in basketball three times at Lambert, graduating in 2016.
• Helped team win a pair of Georgia 6A Region Championships.
• Averaged 19.3 points and 13.2 rebounds as a senior.
• Made 67 3-pointers and shot 43 percent from beyond the arc in 2015-16.
• Shot 50 percent from the field and 83 percent from the free throw line.
• Received Georgia Second-Team All-State honors as a senior.
• Named the MVP of Regional Tournament as a senior.
• Named the Georgia 6A Region Player of the Year and the Forsyth County News Player of the Year as a senior.
• Named to the Atlanta All-Metro Third Team by Naismith.
• Team posted a 27-3 record in his senior season.
• Played in the GACA North/South All-Star Game.
• Team captain.
• First Division I signee from Forsyth County.
• Member of the National Honor Society.
• Member of the National Technical Honor Society and the Math Honor Society.
• Beta Club member.
• Son of Martin and Ranee Mannion.
• Grandfather, Andy Kosco, played in the MLB for 10 seasons from 1965-74.
• Uncle, Bryn Kosco, played baseball at N.C. State and played baseball in the minor leagues.
• Uncle, Dru Kosco, played baseball at Florida State and played baseball in the minor leagues.
• Majoring in quantitative economics.