Navy goes 9-of-9 from the free throw line in the final minute.
Mids head to Greensboro for three straight days of games.
All three of Navy's seniors score in double figures.
Navy and UMBC to play for the 15th time in series history.
Navy pulls away in the second half.
Navy men's basketball head coach Ed DeChellis sits down with Pete Medhurst to discuss the 2012-13 basketball season.
Highlights from the Navy men's basketball team's 50-44 win over American on Feb. 20, 2013.
Navy freshman Tilman Dunbar and head coach Ed DeChellis discuss Navy's 50-44 win over American on Feb. 20, 2013.
Navy highlights from its 59-50 win over Army on Jan. 20, 2013.
Navy men's basketball highlights from its 69-59 win over Bryant on Dec. 10, 2012.
Photo gallery of Navy vs. Holy Cross.
Photo gallery of the Navy vs. Lehigh men's basketball game.
Photos of Navy's 67-59 win over Army on Feb. 7.
Navy vs. Army (USATSI)
Photo gallery of the Navy men's basketball game against Colgate on Jan. 17.
2013-14 Game-by-Game Statistics
2012-13 Game-by-Game Statistics
2013-14 Patriot League Player of the Week (12/9)
2013-14 NAAA Athlete of the Week (12/9)
2012-13 Patriot League All-Rookie Team
2012-13 Patriot League Rookie of the Week (1/2)
2012-13 Patriot League Rookie of the Week (12/28)
2012-13 Patriot League Rookie of the Week (12/17)
2012-13 Patriot League Rookie of the Week (12/10)
2014-15 - JUNIOR:
• Played in all 32 games with 30 games started.
• Led the team in assists per game (3.3).
• Ranked third on the team in scoring at 9.1 points per game.
• Averaged 29.8 minutes per game.
• Ranked eight in the Patriot League in assist-to-turnover ratio (1.6), ninth in assists (3.3) and 13th in steals (1.1) in overall games.
• In conference play, Dunbar ranked sixth in assist-to-turnover ratio (2.1), seventh in assists (3.7) and 12th in steals (1.1).
• Made a team-high 76 free throws.
• Opened the 2014-15 season with 10 points, six assists, three steals and just two turnovers in 35 minutes in Navy's 64-59 loss to #18 Michigan State in the Veterans Classic on Nov. 14.
• Scored 11 points and had six assists and five rebounds in 37 minutes in Navy's win over Binghamton on Nov. 23.
• Tallied 10 points in Navy's win over Penn St.-Harrisburg on Nov. 26.
• Scored a season-high 26 points in Navy's 84-66 win over VMI on Dec. 9.
• Dunbar was 8-of-10 from the floor and 10-of-15 from the free throw line against VMI. His eight field goals made established a new career-high.
• Tallied 13 points, six assists and zero turnovers in Navy's win over Loyola on Dec. 31.
• Scored 13 points with three rebounds and two assists in Navy's win at Lafayette on Jan. 3.
• Dished out a season-high nine assists against Boston U. on Jan. 7.
• Scored 10 points and had three rebounds and three assists in Navy's win over Army on Jan. 10.
• Posted 13 points, seven rebounds and three steals at Lehigh on Jan. 21.
• Had 16 points, five assists and three rebounds in Navy's win over Army on Feb. 7.
• Scored a team-high 13 points and added three assists against Bucknell on Feb. 11.
• Tallied 13 points and six assists against Lehigh on Feb. 18.
• Scored 12 points and had five assists in a win over Holy Cross on Feb. 22.
• Posted 11 points and four assists in Navy's win over Army in the Patriot League Tournament on March 3.
• Scored a team-high 17 points and had two assists and one steal against Colgate in the Patriot League Quarterfinals on March 5.
• Led the team, or shared the team-lead, in assists in 17 games.
• Led the team with 13 offensive charges drawn.
• Finished his junior season ranked 11th in school history with 307 career assists.
2013-14 - SOPHOMORE:
Started the first 10 games of the year.
Averaged 11.9 points, 5.0 assists and 3.0 rebounds.
Scored six points and handed out eight assists in Navy's win over Goucher on Nov. 13.
Had 17 points on 7-of-10 shooting in Navy's win at Binghamton on Nov. 16.
Had 12 points in Navy's 73-58 win over UMBC on Nov. 23.
Scored 15 points and had seven assists in Navy's 67-59 win over Maryland Eastern Shore on Nov. 26.
Poured in 28 points and had eight rebounds, seven assists, two steals and a block in Navy's 79-74 win over The Citadel on Dec. 4. Dunbar was 7-of-12 from the floor and 14-of-17 from the free throw line.
Was named the Patriot League Player of the Week and the NAAA Athlete of the Week for his performance against The Citadel.
Scored 14 points and had nine assists in Navy's overtime loss at Bryant on Dec. 14.
Missed the final 20 games of the season after being suspended for a violation of Naval Academy rules.
2012-13 - FRESHMAN:
Had a strong freshman campaign, setting the school record for most starts by a freshman (31) in Navy basketball history. He averaged 9.5 points per game and ranked second in the Patriot League in assists at 4.9 assists per game.
Was named to the Patriot League All-Rookie Team and won four straight Patriot League Rookie of the Week in December and January.
Set the Patriot League record (by 19 assists) for assists by a freshman (152). Finished the year seventh in the country in assists per game by a freshman (4.9 apg), and his 152 assists were the 12th most in a season by a Navy player.
Recorded 15 double-figure games and finished the year sixth on the Navy freshman scoring list (296 points). Ranked second in the Patriot League among freshmen in scoring.
Recorded a pair of double-doubles against Binghamton (16 points, 11 assists) in just his third career game and Bryant (13 points, 10 assists). Also scored 20 points with four rebounds and seven assists in an 85-66 win over Monmouth. Was the first freshman in school history to reach those marks and first Navy player since January 3, 2006 (Greg Sprink) to record a 20-4-7 contest.
Averaged 10.6 points per game and 5.1 assists per game in 17 non-conference games while shooting 44.2 percent from the field. In league games, Dunbar averaged just 8.2 points per game and 4.6 assists per game while shooting 31.4 percent.
Did record a stellar 1.81 (152:84) assist-to-turnover ratio for the season, including a 2.10 (65:31) ratio in league games. Had nine games of at least six assists during the course of the year. In the last 11 games of the year, Dunbar had 46 assists against 19 turnovers (2.42 ratio) and had just one game of more than three turnovers (4 vs. Lehigh) during that span.
Dunbar had a sensational scholastic career at Paul VI Catholic, graduating in 2012 and leading Paul VI Catholic to a USA Today Super 25 final ranking of No. 16 after spending much of the season in the top 10.
Helped team to a 35-3 record that included the WCAC league championship, the VIS (Virginia Independent Schools) state title and a Washington, D.C., city title and reached the Chick-Fil-A Tournament finals, losing to the nation's No. 1-ranked team, Oak Hill Academy
As a senior, Dunbar was selected as the team captain, team MVP, a second-team all-WCAC selection and an All-Met honorable mention honoree after averaging 10.4 points, 7.2 assists and 3.1 steals per game, in argubly the toughest high school conference in America (WCAC).
In the prestigious Alhambra tournament, Dunbar converted a a three-point play as time expired to give Paul VI a 64-63 victory over Gonzaga in the semifinals.
Scored a season-hgh 25 points in a seven-point win over Laurel in late December and recorded a triple-double in an early-December win over Fredericksburg Christian with 14 points, 14 assists and 11 rebounds. Also had 14 points, 15 assists and seven rebounds in a win during the VIS Quarterfinals.
As a junior, was named Paul VI Catholic's Defensive Player of the Year.
Was a three-year starter for Paul VI Catholic.
Member of the National Honor Society, volunteered in the Special Olympics and partook in community service for hundreds of hours.
Son of Tilman and Bindu Dunbar.
His Paul VI Catholic team was loaded with talent as Coleman Johnson (Fairfield), Patrick Holloway (George Mason), Tim Higgins (Cornell), Stan Robinson (Indiana) and Oray Nicolai (Catholic) all graduated in same year as Dunbar.
Father, Tilman, played soccer at St. Augustine's College, graduating in 1986.
Is from the same hometown as David Robinson, Navy's most famous basketball alum.
Majoring in economics.
# GO NAVY #