Navy recently handed out its team awards at year-end banquet.
Navy swept the season series against the Crusaders.
Navy is seeking its 20th win of the season.
Navy is tied for second place in the Patriot League standings.
Navy is now tied for second in the Patriot League standings.
Photo gallery of Navy's 75-72 win over Lehigh on Jan. 18.
Photo gallery of Navy's 67-55 win over Colgate on Jan. 8, 2017.
Photo gallery of Navy's 70-68 win over Penn on Nov. 26.
Photo gallery of the Navy vs. Ohio State game.
2016-17 Game-by-Game Statistics
2017-18 - SOPHOMORE:
• Ranked sixth on the team in scoring at 5.5 points per game.
• One of Navy two players to start all 32 games on the season.
• Averaged 19.5 minutes.
• Averaged 3.2 rebounds.
• Ranked second on the team and ninth in the Patriot League at 1.5 offensive rebounds per game.
• In conference only games, ranked ninth in Patriot League in offensive rebounds per game (1.6).
• Had 21 assists and nine blocked shots on the season.
• Led Navy’s rotation players in shooting percentage at .642 (79-123).
• Shot .704 from the free throw line (19-of-27).
• Made 44 starts in his first two seasons at Navy. The 44 starts were the most by a Navy player in their first two seasons since Worth Smith started 47 games in his first two seasons (2012-13 and 2012-13 seasons).
• Scored four points in 29 minutes in Navy’s season-opening win over Pitt in the Veterans Classic on Nov. 10.
• Scored six points in Navy’s win at Bryant on Nov. 18.
• Scored 14 points on 6-of-8 shooting in 16 minutes in Navy’s win over Washington College on Nov. 22. Also had four rebounds in the game and his first career dunk.
• Scored 14 points on 6-of-10 shooting in Navy’s win over St. Francis Brooklyn on Nov. 24. Drew two offensive charges in the game. Also had five rebounds in 26 minutes. Received four stitches to his lip after the game after taking a shot to the mouth when drawing a charge.
• Scored seven points with four rebounds in Navy’s win over Morgan State on Dec. 3.
• Scored 14 points on 7-of-7 shooting in Navy’s come-from-behind win over Columbia on Dec. 10. The seven field goals without a miss were the fifth-most made in a game in Navy program history. David Robinson holds the record as he once went 12-of-12 from the floor against East Carolina on March 7, 1985. Also had four rebounds, an assist, steal and block in 28 minutes of play against Columbia.
• Scored nine points with seven rebounds on 4-of-4 shooting at Loyola on Dec. 29.
• Shot 6-of-7 from the field for 13 points with five rebounds in Navy’s win over American on Jan. 5.
• Wieck averaged 8.4 points while shooting 80.0 percent from the floor (20-of-25) over a five-game stretch from December 10 to January 5. Wieck was 7-of-7 against Columbia (14 points), 4-of-4 against Loyola (9 points) and 6-of-7 against American (13 points) during that stretch.
• Scored six points with five boards in 24 minutes at Colgate on Jan. 8.
• Scored 12 points on 6-of-7 shooting at Lafayette on Jan. 17.
• Tallied 13 points with four rebounds and two assists in Navy’s win at Lehigh on Jan. 27.
• Scored 10 points on 4-of-5 shooting and pulled down seven rebounds against Colgate on Feb. 4.
• Posted four points, six rebounds and a career-high three assists in 29 minutes in Navy’s win at Holy Cross on Feb. 7.
• Scored 12 points with four rebounds in Navy’s Star Game win at Army on Feb. 10. Shot 6-of-10 from the floor against the Black Knights.
2016-17 - FRESHMAN:
• Played in all 32 games with 12 starts.
• Averaged 12.6 minutes.
• Led all Navy freshmen in games played and minutes played.
• Averaged 2.9 points and 2.2 rebounds.
• Shot .603 from the field (41-of-68).
• Was the first sub off the bench in Navy's season-opener against Ohio State on Nov. 11. Played 12 minutes in his debut.
• Scored first career points against Washington College on Nov. 13.
• Posted eight points and four rebounds in 21 minutes against North Dakota State on Nov. 18.
• Made first career start against High Point on Nov. 19, scoring six points and grabbing a team-high eight rebounds with three steals and two blocked shots.
• Collected six offensive rebounds against High Point, which is tied for the third most by a Navy freshman in program history.
• The six offensive rebounds were the most by a Navy freshman since Greg Sprink 12 seasons ago in the 2004-05 season.
• Scored a season-high 10 points in Navy's win over Penn on Nov. 26.
• Tallied eight points with three rebounds at Charleston on Dec. 1.
• Scored nine points with four rebounds in 16 minutes against Bucknell on Dec. 30. Was 4-of-6 from the field in his first Patriot League game.
• Posted eight points on 4-of-4 shooting with two rebounds in 17 minutes in Navy's win over Lehigh on Jan. 18.
• Scored six points with two offensive rebounds in Navy's win at Army on Jan. 21.
• Scored two points with four rebounds in 19 minutes against Bucknell in the Patriot League Semifinals against Bucknell on March 5.
• Wieck lettered three times in basketball at Amarillo High School, graduating in 2015.
• Helped team to a state runner-up finish as a junior at Amarillo.
• Named a regional all-star at Amarillo.
• Two-time first-team all-district at Amarillo.
• Received all-academic honors at Amarillo.
• School record holder at Amarillo for career field goal percentage.
• Helped team to a 30-4 record at Amarillo in 2014-15.
• Received the Distinguished Achievement Diploma.
• Member of the Spanish Club, History Club and was a class officer.
• Spent the 2015-16 academic year at the Hargrave Military Academy, which is a Naval Academy Foundation school.
• Won the National Prep Tournament championship at Hargrave in 2015-16.
• Son of Brad and Denise Wieck.
• Played with Derek Funderburk (Ohio State/Northwest Florida State CC) at Hargrave Military Academy.
• Majoring in ocean engineering.