By Matt Muzza, Navy Sports Information
Rising senior recognized for academic success.
Abdullah, Knorr and Vermeer receive academic honors.
Navy's seniors honored at the team banquet.
Scholar-athlete feature by the Patriot League Network.
Photo gallery of Navy vs. Saint Francis University on Nov. 29, 2014
Men's Basketball vs. Providence; photos by Stew Milne-USA TODAY Sports
Photo gallery of the Navy-Michigan State game in the inaugural Veterans Classic.
Photo gallery of the Navy vs. Holy Cross game on Jan. 25, 2014.
Photo gallery of the Army-Navy men's basketball game on Jan. 11, 2014.
• Navy's Grant Vermeer leads new wave of Cyber Operations majors
• Vermeer Serves Others as Plebe Summer Regimental Commander
2015-16 NABC Honors Court 2015-16 Patriot League Academic Honor Roll 2013-14 Patriot League Academic Honor Roll
2015-16 - JUNIOR:
• Played in five games on the season, logging nine minutes.
• Played three minutes and grabbed two rebounds in the Veterans Classic against Florida on Nov. 13.
• Logged three minutes and had two rebounds with an assist in Navy's win over Goucher on Nov. 22.
• Played two minutes and snared a rebound in Navy's win over Lafayette on Jan. 16.
• Also saw action against IPFW on Nov. 29 and Boston U. on Jan. 6.
• Named to the Patriot League Academic Honor Roll.
• Received the team's Rear Admiral Ronald Marryott Award.
2014-15 - SOPHOMORE:
• Played in 12 games with nine starts.
• Averaged 2.2 points and 1.2 rebounds in 10.7 minutes per game.
• Started the first nine games of the season.
• Started the season-opener against #18 Michigan State on Nov. 14, just his second career start.
• Made his only field goal attempt and pulled down an offensive rebound in 15 minutes of play against Michigan State.
• Scored four points on 2-of-3 shooting from the floor against Notre Dame on Nov. 16.
• Tallied four points in 11 minutes against Northeastern on Nov. 22.
• Had season-high totals of six points, four rebounds and three steals against Saint Francis U on Nov. 29. Went 3-of-6 from the floor and also had two assists.
• Played a season-high 18 minutes against Saint Francis U.
• Scored four points in 14 minutes against Maryland Eastern Shore on Dec. 13.
• His streak of playing in 13 straight games ended when he missed the Loyola game on Dec. 31 with an illness.
• Received the team's Kevin Sinnett Academic Achievement Award.
2013-14 - FRESHMAN:
Played in 22 games as a freshman and made one start.
Averaged 2.8 points and 1.3 rebounds in 9.6 minutes per game.
Scored eight points and had a pair of rebounds and a pair of steals in Navy's 67-59 win over Maryland Eastern Shore on Nov. 26.
Hit two 3-pointers for six points and also had four boards in Navy's 79-74 win over The Citadel on Dec. 4.
Scored a season-high 13 points and added three rebounds and three assists against Lehigh on Jan. 22. Made three 3-pointers against Lehigh.
Was rewarded for his play against Lehigh by earning the start against Holy Cross in Navy's next game on Jan. 25. Played 21 minutes against Holy Cross and had three points, four rebounds and two assists.
Along with Payne Andrus, was just one of two freshmen to start a game in 2013-14.
Averaged 14 minutes per game over a seven-game stretch before suffering an injury in practice, which caused him to miss the Lafayette game on Feb. 1 and the Boston U. game on Feb. 5.
Named to the Patriot League Academic Honor Roll.
Graduated from Bellarmine College Prep in 2013, where he earned four letters in basketball.
Led team to three Central Coast Section championships in 2010, 2012 and 2013.
Named the Central Coast Section Scholar-Athlete of the Year in 2013.
Earned All-West Catholic Athletic League First-Team honors as a senior and second-team honors as a junior.
Named to the All-Mercury News Second Team in 2013.
Selected to the Division I All-NorCal Team as a senior by NorCal Preps.
As a senior, averaged 15.9 points, 5.1 rebounds and 2.3 assists.
Also lettered in football as a quarterback.
Member of the Math Club and was a Presidential Ambassador.
Son of Scott and Kerry Vermeer.
Majoring in cyber operations.
Younger sister, Paige, is a member of the women's basketball team at Yale.
Has been named to the Commandant's List six times and the Superintendent's List twice.