Navy has two games remaining in the regular season.
Shawn Anderson scores 20 points for Navy.
Mids defeated Army in the Star Game on Feb. 1, 64-50.
#1 North Carolina-Temple at 7 PM and Navy-Florida at 9:30 PM.
Navy basketball program hands out team awards.
Navy men's basketball head coach Ed DeChellis sits down with Pete Medhurst to discuss the 2012-13 basketball season.
Highlights from the Navy men's basketball team's 50-44 win over American on Feb. 20, 2013.
Navy highlights from its 59-50 win over Army on Jan. 20, 2013.
Brandon Venturini was named the Navy Athlete of the Week Presented by Rolls Royce after scoring 23 points with 7 3-pointers against Lafayette.
Navy men's basketball highlights from its 69-59 win over Bryant on Dec. 10, 2012.
Photo gallery of Navy vs. Holy Cross.
Photo gallery of the Navy men's basketball game against Colgate on Jan. 17.
Photo gallery of Navy's 70-47 win over Loyola on Dec. 31, 2014.
Photo gallery of Navy vs. Saint Francis University on Nov. 29, 2014
Men's Basketball vs. Providence; photos by Stew Milne-USA TODAY Sports
2013-14 Game-by-Game Statistics
2012-13 Game-by-Game Statistics
2011-12 Game-by-Game Statistics
2014-15 Hall of Fame Tip-Off All-Tournament Team
2013-14 NAAA Athlete of the Week (1/6)
2012-13 NAAA Athlete of the Week (1/15)
2012-13 South Padre Invitational All-Tournament Team
2014-15 -- SENIOR:
· Played in 27 games as a senior with 27 games started.
· Ranked second on the team in scoring (12.0) and was second in assists (3.0).
· Led the team in 3-pointers made (65) and steals (39).
· Averaged 31.0 minutes per game.
· Ranked fourth in the Patriot League in 3-pointers made per game (2.4), fifth in steals (1.4), 10th in assists (3.0), 10th in assist-to-turnover ratio (1.2), 15th in scoring (12.0) and 15th in defensive rebounds per game (3.6).
· Shot a team-best .838 from the free-throw line.
· Finished his Navy career ranked 22nd on the school's all-time scoring list with 1,017 career points.
· Ranks third in school history in 3-pointers made (207), fifth in steals (1.4) and third in 3-point attempts (612).
· Ranks 12th in school history with 122 career steals.
· His 65 3-pointers made in 2014-15 are the 11th-most in a single season in Navy history.
· Had started 83 straight games, which was the seventh longest streak in school history, before suffering a foot injury.
· Ranked 11th in school history in career games started (91).
· Made at least one 3-pointer in 33 straight games, the second longest streak in school history. The streak ended against Army on March 3.
· Scored in double-figures in 17 games in 2014-15, a team-high.
· Led the team, or shared the team-lead, in assists in 13 games.
· Scored 11 points and added five assists and five rebounds in Navy's 64-59 loss to #18 Michigan State in the Veterans Classic on Nov. 14.
· Scored a team-high 11 points at Notre Dame. On Nov. 16.
· Scored a season-high 26 points on 9-of-13 shooting from the floor (4-of-6 on 3-pointers) with eight rebounds in Navy's win over Binghamton at the Hall of Fame Tip-Off Tournament on Nov. 23.
· The 26 points were tied for the highest scored by a Navy player in 2014-15.
· Earned a spot on the Hall of Fame Tip-Off All-Tournament Team.
· Poured in 18 points, all in the second half, in Navy's loss at The Citadel on Dec. 6. Scored Navy's first 12 points of the second period.
· Had seven points in Navy's win over VMI on Dec. 9 and matched his then career-high totals in rebounds (10), assists (8) and steals (4) in a strong all-around game.
· Scored 13 points and added five assists at Maryland Eastern Shore on Dec. 13.
· Poured in 19 points and made three 3-pointers in Navy's 61-56 win over Towson on Dec. 22.
· Had 16 points, six rebounds, a career-high five steals and two assists in 38 minutes in Navy's win at Lafayette on Jan. 3.
· Scored 14 points with four rebounds, six assists and three steals in 38 minutes against Boston U on Jan. 7.
· Posted 15 points and played a game-high 37 minutes in Navy's win over Army on Jan. 10.
· Scored 20 points and knocked down four 3-pointers against Colgate on Jan. 17.
· Scored 14 points in the first half, and 16 for the game, at Holy Cross on Jan. 24.
· Scored 13 first-half points and 17 overall in Navy's win over defending league champion American on Jan. 28.
· Made four 3-pointers for 12 points against Lafayette on Jan. 31.
· Made at least three 3-pointers in five straight games from Jan. 17 to Jan. 31.
· Missed five games due to injury late in the season.
· Returned from his five-game absence to lead Navy to an 84-70 win over Holy Cross on Senior Day (Feb. 22) with 17 points, six rebounds and six assists.
· Surpassed the 1,000-point mark with 11 points in Navy's win over Loyola on Feb. 28.
2013-14 - JUNIOR:
Ranked second on the team with 346 points for an average of 11.5 points per game.
Also averaged 3.1 rebounds and 2.9 assists in 28.0 minutes per game.
Led the team with 44 total steals for an average of 1.5 per game. Led the team in total assists with 86 and led the team with 58 3-pointers.
One of two players to start all 30 games along with Worth Smith.
Averaged 12.1 points per game in 18 conference games.
Scored in double figures 20 times and scored 20 or more points in three games.
Led Navy in scoring in 11 games and led the team in assists in 14 games.
Ranked sixth in the Patriot League in steals (1.5), eighth in 3-pointers made (1.9), 10th in assists (2.9) and 14th in scoring (11.5).
In conference only games, Venturini was fifth in 3-pointers made (2.1), sixth in steals (1.6), eighth in assists (3.4), ninth in assist to turnover ratio (1.1) and 16th in scoring (12.1).
Scored 16 points on 7-of-10 shooting in Navy's win over Goucher on Nov. 13.
Poured in 20 points against Northern Kentucky on Dec. 21.
Scored a team-high 15 points and made four 3-pointers against Virginia on Nov. 19.
Scored 15 points against UMBC on Dec. 30 then 11 points against Loyola on Jan. 2.
Scored 28 points and made eight 3-pointers, one shy of the school record, in Navy's 79-71 win over Lafayette on Jan. 5.
Named the NAAA Athlete of the Week for his efforts against UMBC, Loyola and Lafayette after averaging 18.0 points that week.
The eight 3-pointers made were the most by any Patriot League player in the 2013-14 season.
Tallied 12 points and eight assists in Navy's 79-57 win at Army in the Star Game on Feb. 8.
Scored 19 points and had eight assists, four rebounds and two steals in Navy's 71-61 win over Colgate on Feb. 15.
Collected 18 points, five assists and four steals in 38 minutes against American on Feb. 26.
Hit five 3-pointers for 15 points against Loyola on March 1.
Scored 26 points and made a career-best 11 field goals against Colgate in the Patriot League First Round on March 3.
Made at least one 3-pointer in 24 games and also in each of the final eight games of the season.
After three seasons, ranks in the top 10 in school history in career 3-pointers made (142) and career 3-point field goals (424).
2012-13 - SOPHOMORE:
Venturini had a strong sophomore season, ranking third on the team in scoring (8.8 points per game), third in assists (42) and first in three-pointers made (67) while being one of two players (Tilman Dunbar) to start all 31 games.
Improved his scoring by 6.0 points per game from his freshman to sophomore year, the second-best scoring improvement in the Patriot League behind Lafayette's Dan Trist (6.7 points per game).
Venturini's 67 three-pointers were the ninth most in a season by a Navy player and the fourth most by a Navy underclassmen (freshman or sophomore). The 67 three-pointers were the sixth most in the Patriot League and ranked 29th among all sophomores nationally.
Connected on at least one three-pointer in 27-of-31 games and had at least three-pointers in 13-of-31 contests.
Was named the NAAA Athlete of the Week after connecting for 23 points on seven three-pointers, the seventh most in school history, against Lafayette.
Was named to the South Padre Island Invitational All-Tournament Team after averaging 11.5 points per game and making 11-of-30 three-pointers during the four-game event. In the final game of the tournament against Delaware State, Venturini scored 14 points on 4-of-6 three-pointers.
Tallied 16 points with four assists in the season-opening win over Marymount. Both of the totals were career highs at the time.
Then had an outstanding floor game against Siena, grabbing a career-high 10 rebounds while dishing out a career-high five assists.
Tallied 13 points and held American's John Schoof, who scored 27 points in the first meeting, to just three points on 1-of-2 shooting in the second meeting between the two squads.
Netted 11 and 13 points against Patriot League champion Bucknell during the regular season, going 10-of-22 from the field and 4-of-8 from deep.
Connected on a half-court shot before the halftime buzzer against Army, earning him the No. 10 spot on ESPN Sportscenter's Plays of the Day.
2011-12 - FRESHMAN:
Venturini had a good freshman campaign, averaging 2.8 points per game and 1.0 rebounds per game while appearing in 26 games (287 minutes). He dished out 20 assists against 15 turnovers for an assist-to-turnover ratio of 1.33, the best mark on the team.
Started three games during the first half of Patriot League play.
Recorded first career double-figure scoring game with 10 points and three rebounds against Penn State Altoona in just 14 minutes of action.
Added back-to-back double-figure scoring games against American (10 points, three assists) and Colgate in his first career start (11 points, two assists).
Went 12-of-35 (.343) from long distance in the first 19 games, but just 5-of-23 (.217) in the season's last 10 games.
Had three assists four different times, including in back-to-back-to-back games against Holy Cross, Army and Colgate.
Played season-best 32 minutes in the first meeting with Colgate.
Venturini was a three-year letterwinner at Allendale High School, graduating in 2010. He spent the 2011 season at NAPS.
Led team to the 2008 conference title with a 17-3 record as a sophomore and was a three-time all-conference honoree.
As a junior, was an all-area selection, the team MVP and served as the team captain.
As a senior, was named to the Western Michigan Dream Team, was a first-team Class B All-State honoree, was an all-area selection, was the team MVP and captain and was named Academic All-State, while leading Allendale to the district final.
Averaged 26.6 points a game as a senior after averaging about 15 points a game as a junior. Also chipped in with five assists, four rebounds and four steals per game. Venturini shot over 50.0 percent from the field and almost 40 percent from three-point range, and scored in double-figures in every game but one and scored over 30 points, including 42 against Kelloggsville, in seven games as a senior.
Helped lead his AAU team, the West Michigan Lakers, to the Chicago Summer Slam Championship in 2010.
Also was a first-team all-conference selection in golf as a senior.
Was the student congress Vice-President, was top 10 in his class and graduated NAPS with honors and the Iron Mike Award.
Son of Marcello and Sandra Venturini.
Brother, Aaron, graduated from the Naval Academy in 2009.
Sister, Lauren, is a lieutenant in the Air Force.
Grandfather went to the Chilean Naval Academy.
Majoring in economics.
# GO NAVY #