Navy and UMBC to play for the 15th time in series history.
Navy pulls away in the second half.
Navy to host Division III Goucher for the second time in three years.
Anderson leads the Mids with 18 points.
Mids and Spartans to meet for the first game of two contests this season.
Navy men's basketball head coach Ed DeChellis sits down with Pete Medhurst to discuss the 2012-13 basketball season.
Highlights from the Navy men's basketball team's 50-44 win over American on Feb. 20, 2013.
Navy men's basketball highlights from its 69-59 win over Bryant on Dec. 10, 2012.
The Navy men's basketball team defeated Monmouth, 85-66, in West Long Branch, N.J., on Dec. 5, 2012.
Photo gallery of Navy vs. Holy Cross.
Photo gallery of the Navy vs. Lehigh men's basketball game.
Photos of Navy's 67-59 win over Army on Feb. 7.
Navy vs. Army (USATSI)
Photo gallery of the Navy men's basketball game against Colgate on Jan. 17.
2013-14 Game-by-Game Statistics
2012-13 Game-by-Game Statistics
2014-15 - JUNIOR:
• Played in 31 games with 11 games started.
• Started the final 10 games of the season.
• Averaged 6.1 points and 4.2 rebounds in 20.4 minutes per game.
• Received the team's Defensive Player of the Year Award.
• Ranked 60th in the NCAA in blocks per game (1.8).
• Led the team in overall blocks with 57, the ninth-best single season total in school history.
• Led the Patriot League in overall blocks per game (1.8) and blocks per game in conference games (2.2).
• Ranked 14th in the Patriot League in offensive rebounds per game (1.5) in overall games.
• In conference games, Kelly ranked 13th in offensive rebounds (1.6) and 19th in rebounding (4.4).
• Ended his junior season ranked fourth in school history with 112 career blocked shots.
• Came off the bench in the season opener against Michigan State to score six points with three rebounds in 19 minutes in the Veterans Classic on Nov. 14.
• Had six points in 11 minutes off the bench at Notre Dame on Nov. 16.
• Grabbed a season-high six rebounds in Navy's win over Binghamton on Nov. 23.
• Missed the Saint Francis University game on Nov. 29 with a knee injury.
• After missing the Saint Francis U game, returned and started against Penn on Dec. 3, tallying four points, six rebounds, two blocks and one assist in 27 minutes.
• Had eight points and four boards in 22 minutes against The Citadel on Dec. 6.
• Scored nine points, had four rebounds and four blocks in Navy's win over Loyola on Dec. 31.
• Had six points and seven rebounds in Navy's win at Lafayette on Jan. 3.
• Posted eight points, six rebounds and two steals in 26 minutes off the bench in Navy's 75-66 win at Army on Jan. 10.
• Scored eight points and went 6-of-6 from the free throw line against Holy Cross on Jan. 24.
• Had eight points and three rebounds in Navy's win over American on Jan. 28.
• Had three blocks and two dunks against Lafayette on Jan. 31.
• Started in Navy's Star Game win over Army on Feb. 7 and had five points, seven rebounds, a career-high four assists and four blocks.
• Had nine points, four rebounds and three blocks against Bucknell on Feb. 11
• Scored 12 points and had five rebounds and two blocks, including one on Navy's final defensive stand in a win over Colgate on Feb. 14.
• Scored 11 points with five rebounds and three blocks in Navy's win over Holy Cross on Feb. 22.
• Tallied eight points, a season-high eight rebounds and four blocks against American on Feb. 25.
• Had a season-high 14 points, five rebounds and three blocks in 30 minutes in Navy's win over Loyola on Feb. 28.
• Blocked a career-high eight shots, scored a team-high 13 points and had seven rebounds in Navy's Patriot League Tournament win over Army on March 3.
• The eight blocks set a Navy Patriot League Tournament record for a game and for a season, while his 15 blocks in his career in tournament games is also a school tournament record.
• Scored in double-digits in four of Navy's last seven games.
• Started 12 games and was the first substitute to enter the game in 16 contests.
• Led the team with 12 dunks in 2014-15.
• Was 10-0 in winning the opening tip during the 2014-15 season.
2013-14 - SOPHOMORE:
Played in all 30 games with 21 starts.
Averaged 5.0 points, 4.3 rebounds and 1.5 blocked shots in 20.5 minutes per game.
Led Navy in field goal percentage with a .496 shooting percentage.
Ranked fourth in the Patriot League in blocked shots per game (1.5) and was 17th in rebounding (4.3).
Led the team in rebounding in six games.
Had a double-double against Saint Francis U on Nov. 11 with 12 points and 10 rebounds.
Totaled six points, eight rebounds and five blocks in just 15 minutes against Goucher on Nov. 13.
Scored 12 points and pulled down six rebounds in Navy's 68-50 win at Binghamton on Nov. 16
Tallied six points, nine rebounds, three assists and three blocks in Navy's 79-57 win over Army in the Star Game on Feb. 8.
Had a career-high six blocks against Bucknell on Feb. 12. Also had eight points, four rebounds and two assists against the Bison.
Posted a career-high 19 points and had 10 rebounds against Lehigh on Feb. 19. Kelly had three dunks and was 8-of-10 from the floor.
Totaled four points, seven rebounds and five blocked shots against Colgate in the Patriot League First Round on March 3.
2012-13 - FRESHMAN:
Kelly had a strong freshman year in which he showed outstanding development from the beginning of the season to the end. He appeared in all 31 games with 12 starts (started last 10 games), averaging 2.7 points per game, 3.4 rebounds per game and 0.3 blocks per game while shooting 53.1 percent from the field.
However, in Patriot League games, Kelly averaged 3.6 points per game and 4.2 rebounds per game in 21.5 minutes per game.
In the last 10 games of the year, Kelly averaged 5.1 points per game and 5.5 rebounds per game. He produced his first career double-double with an 11-point, 10-rebound, three-assist effort against Lehigh.
He then scored six points with 13 rebounds in a win over American. The 13 rebounds are the seventh most by a freshman in school history and the equaled the most for a freshman since Alex Kohnen had 17 in Feb. 1993. It was the second-highest freshman rebounding total in a game since the Vernon Butler era (1983), behind Kohnen's 17.
Recorded first career double-figure scoring game at Monmouth, tallying 10 points on 5-of-5 shooting with three rebounds in just 13 minutes. The five field goals made without a miss were the fourth most by a freshman in school history.
Also had a strong game against Colgate, scoring eight points with seven rebounds and three blocked shots in 32 minutes of action. The three blocked shots tied for the fourth most by a freshman in school history.
A 2011 graduate of Lenape High School, Kelly spent the 2012 season at the Hun School in Princeton, N.J.
Lettered twice at Lenape, leading the team to the 2011 Olympic Conference co-championship.
Was the South Jersey vs. Philly "Battle Over the Bridge" MVP, a North-South New Jersey All-Star and a South Jersey All-Star selection as a senior.
Served as the team captain at both Lenape and the Hun School.
Averaged 8.2 points per game, 8.3 rebounds per game and 3.1 blocks per game in his one year at the Hun School.
Was a member of the U.S. Army JROTC, Fellowship of Christian Athletes, won the American Legion Scholarship Excellence medal and Exceptional Leadership Award.
Son of Willie and Pamela Kelly, and he comes from a long line of basketball players and college athletes. Father, Willie, played basketball at Pittsburgh from 1973-76; uncle, Louis, played at Pittsburgh in 1973-74; uncle, Greg, played at Cheney University and uncle, Vincent Gumbs, played football at Cheney University.
Majoring in political science.
# GO NAVY #