Mids are seeking their seventh straight win.
Kina and Biles lead the Gold with 20 points each
1986 Elite Eight Team To Be Honored At Halftime Of the Lafayette Game
Navy and UMBC to play for the 15th time in series history.
Mids and Spartans to meet for the first game of two contests this season.
Navy men's basketball head coach Ed DeChellis sits down with Pete Medhurst to discuss the 2012-13 basketball season.
Highlights from the Navy men's basketball team's 50-44 win over American on Feb. 20, 2013.
Navy highlights from its 59-50 win over Army on Jan. 20, 2013.
Worth Smith was named Navy Athlete of the Week on Jan. 22, 2013, for his role in Navy's 59-50 win over Army.
Navy men's basketball highlights from its 69-59 win over Bryant on Dec. 10, 2012.
Photo gallery of Navy vs. Holy Cross.
Photo gallery of the Navy vs. Lehigh men's basketball game.
Photos of Navy's 67-59 win over Army on Feb. 7.
Navy vs. Army (USATSI)
Photo gallery of the Navy men's basketball game against Colgate on Jan. 17.
2013-14 Game-by-Game Statistics
2012-13 Game-by-Game Statistics
2011-12 Game-by-Game Statistics
2014-15 All-Patriot League First Team
2014-15 Patriot League Player of the Week (1/5)
2014-15 Patriot League Player of the Week (12/29)
2014-15 NAAA Athlete of the Week (2/16)
2014-15 NAAA Athlete of the Week (1/5)
2014-15 NAAA Athlete of the Week (12/29)
2013-14 NAAA Athlete of the Week (2/10)
2012-13 NAAA Athlete of the Week (1/22)
2011-12 Patriot League All-Rookie Team
2011-12 Patriot League Rookie of the Week (1/30)
2014-15 – SENIOR:
• Named to the All-Patriot League First Team.
• Received the team's Charles McDonough Most Outstanding Player of the Year Award.
• Received the team's David Robinson Award.
• Played in 21 games as a senior with 21 starts.
• Led the team in scoring with 14.5 points per game.
• Also led the team in rebounding at 5.9 boards per game.
• Averaged a team-best 31.7 minutes per game.
• In conference games, Smith ranked fifth in the Patriot League in scoring (15.6), fifth in 3-point field goal percentage (.460), sixth in steals (1.3), seventh in blocked shots (1.1), 11th in offensive rebounds (1.7), 12th in field goal percentage (.498), 13th in rebounding (5.5), and 14th in defensive rebounds (3.8).
• Two-time Patriot League Player of the Week.
• Three-time NAAA Athlete of the Week.
• Missed 11 games due to injury.
• Missed 10 games after suffering a dislocated knee cap in the first half of Navy’s season opener against Michigan State on Nov. 14.
• Smith had tallied seven points on 3-of-4 shooting and grabbed two rebounds in 14 minutes of play before the injury in the Michigan State game.
• Returned to the lineup after missing 10 games to lead Navy to a 61-56 win over Towson on Dec. 22.
• Smith had 20 points, nine rebounds and two blocked shots against Towson.
• Smith was named the Patriot League Player of the Week for his efforts against Towson.
• Posted a double-double with 21 points and 10 rebounds in Navy’s win over Loyola on Dec. 31. He made nine field goals and was 3-of-3 on 3-pointers.
• Scored 20 points or more in back-to-back games for the first time in his career (Towson/Loyola).
• Scored a team-high 17 points with seven rebounds and two steals in Navy’s 69-65 win at Lafayette on Jan. 3.
• Named the Patriot League Player of the Week for his play against Loyola and Lafayette, his second straight week winning the award.
• Scored a season-high 25 points with nine rebounds against Boston U. on Jan. 7.
• Smith made a career-high 11 field goals against BU (11-of-16).
• Tallied 12 points, five rebounds in two blocks in Navy’s 75-66 win at Army on Jan. 10.
• Had 14 points and six rebounds at Bucknell on Jan. 14.
• Missed the Lehigh game on Jan. 21 after suffering an injury (fractured finger) during the Colgate game on Jan. 17.
• Scored his 1,000th career point at Holy Cross on Jan. 24. Became the 21st player in school history to score 1,000 career points.
• Tallied 19 points, all in the second half, in Navy’s 64-54 win over American on Jan. 28. Played just two minutes of the first half due to foul trouble.
• Scored 20 points with five rebounds and a career-best five assists against Lafayette on Jan. 31.
• Scored 14 points, including seven straight in crunch time, and had eight rebounds, three blocks and one steal in Navy’s N-Star win over Army on Feb. 7.
• Scored 20 second-half points and had the game-winning layup with 13 seconds left to lead Navy’s 15-point comeback over Colgate on Feb. 14.
• Smith had 22 points in the game with five rebounds, two assists, two steals and one block in the comeback win at Colgate.
• Tallied 19 points and five rebounds against Lehigh on Feb. 18 while shooting 8-of-16 from the floor.
• Scored 14 points and had five rebounds against American on Feb. 25.
• Tallied a game-high 20 points with four rebounds and two steals to lead Navy to a 57-47 win over Loyola on Feb. 28.
• Grabbed a season-high 11 rebounds in Navy’s win over Army in the Patriot League First Round on March 3.
• Had nine points and a team-high eight rebounds against Colgate in the Patriot League Quarterfinals on March 5.
• Finished his Navy career ranked 20th in school history with 1,172 career points.
• Ranks 11th in school history with 603 career rebounds.
• Ranks seventh in school history with 107 career blocks and 19th in steals with 107.
• Ranks eighth in school history with 98 games started and ranks 11th in school history with 3,205 minutes played.
• Smith and David Robinson are the only two players in Navy school history with over 1,000 points, 500 rebounds, 100 blocks and 100 steals.
• Scored in double figures in 16 of his 21 games and had 20 or more points in six games in 2014-15.
• Averaged 17.0 points and 7.3 rebounds in his first seven games after coming back from the knee injury, but then suffered the finger injury.
• Led or shared the team-lead in scoring in 11 games and did the same in rebounding in 12 games.
2013-14 - JUNIOR:
Scored a team-high 354 points for an 11.8 points per game average.
Also averaged 5.6 rebounds and had 0.9 blocked shots in a 30.1 minutes per game.
Smith led Navy in scoring (354), rebounding (168) and minutes played (903).
Averaged a team-best 12.4 points per game in 18 Patriot League games.
Led the team in rebounding in 14 games and in scoring in seven games.
Scored in double figures 20 times and had two 20-point games.
Had nine rebounds in four games.
One of two players to start all 30 games along with Brandon Venturini.
Ranked eighth in the Patriot League in rebounds per game (5.6), eighth in blocked shots (0.9), fourth in offensive rebounds (2.1) and 13th in scoring (11.8).
In conference only games, Smith was sixth in rebounding (5.8) and ninth in blocked shots (1.0).
Tallied 16 points and seven rebounds against Saint Francis U on Nov. 11 and then had 14 points and six rebounds against Goucher on Nov. 13.
Scored 15 points and had nine rebounds in Navy's 73-58 win over UMBC on Nov. 23.
Posted 17 points and four boards and shot 8-of-12 from the floor in Navy's 79-74 win over The Citadel on Dec. 4.
Scored a season-high 26 points with seven rebounds, five steals and two assists against Lehigh on Jan. 22. Smith was 8-of-9 from the free throw line against the Mountain Hawks.
Scored 19 points and had six rebounds against Holy Cross on Jan. 25.
Led Navy to a 79-57 win over Army in the Star Game on Feb. 8 with 23 points and eight rebounds. Scored 17 points in the second half while shooting 7-of-10 from the floor in the period.
Named the NAAA Athlete of the Week for his performance against Army.
Scored 16 points and had three rebounds and three blocks in Navy's 71-61 win over Colgate on Feb. 15.
Tallied 19 points and seven rebounds against Loyola on March 1.
Had 10 points and nine boards in the Patriot League First Round against Colgate on March 3.
Scored in double figures in each of the last eight games of the season.
After three seasons at Navy, he is just one of three players in program history (David Robinson and Sitapha Savane) to reach career totals of 850 points, 400 rebounds, 80 blocks and 80 steals.
2012-13 - SOPHOMORE:
Smith had another strong season, leading the Midshipmen in scoring (10.2 points per game), rebounds (5.4 rebounds per game), blocks (37) and steals (35). He appeared in all 31 games, starting 30 of them missing just the Prairie View A&M game because of sickness.
Became just the second player in school history to score 500 points, grab 300 rebounds and block 50 shots by the end of their sophomore season (David Robinson). Was also the only player in the Patriot League with 300 points, 150 rebounds, 30 blocks and 30 steals.
Recorded 21 double-figure games during the course of the season, including a career-high 19-point, eight rebound effort at Holy Cross. Smith averaged 18.0 points per game and 6.5 rebounds per game while shooting 14-of-29 from the field against the Crusaders.
Was named the NAAA Athlete of the Week after leading the Midshipmen to a 59-50 win at Army. Scored 16 points with nine rebounds and two blocked shots and hit a pair of big three-pointers in the second half to halt Army runs. Scored 14 points with eight rebounds and two blocked shots in the second meeting between the two teams.
Scored 17 points on 7-of-12 shooting with five rebounds against IPFW on the road.
Had a big game at Big 12-member TCU, scoring 14 points (7-of-14 FGs) with nine rebounds and two steals.
Finished the season scoring in double figures in nine of the last 11 games. Smith would score at least 13 points nine times during the year.
2011-12 - FRESHMAN:
Smith had a sensational freshman campaign, appearing in all 29 games with 17 starts and was named to the Patriot League all-Rookie Team after averaging 6.8 points per game and 5.0 rebounds per game while contributing 22 assists, 22 blocked shots and 21 steals and shooting 44.3 percent from the field.
In Patriot League play, Smith averaged 6.9 points per game and 5.6 rebounds per game, ranking fourth among all league freshmen in scoring, first in rebounds and first in blocked shots. He grabbed 39 offensive rebounds in league games to lead all players.
Suffered a foot injury halfway through PL play that forced him to essentially just play in games and not practice for the last month of the season.
Ranked ninth on the Navy freshman single-season rebounds list (146), fifth in blocked shots (22), fifth in minutes played (721) and sixth in double-doubles (3).
Tallied season-best 16 points with nine rebounds (six offensive) in the first meeting with Bucknell, which earned him Patriot League Rookie of the Week accolades.
Recorded first career double-double with a 13-point, 10-rebound effort at Holy Cross.
Added 10 points and 10 rebounds in the first meeting against Colgate, then notched his third double-double with a 12-point, 11-rebound showing against Army in the Star Game.
Scored 13 points against NCAA Tournament third-round participant Norfolk State.
Netted 11 points with seven rebounds in 35 minutes against Mount St. Mary's in his first career start.
Scored in double-figures in three straight games against Norfolk State, Lafayette and Holy Cross, where he averaged 12.7 points per game and 4.7 rebounds per game while shooting 13-of-24 (.542) from the field and 8-of-14 (.571) from three-point range.
Scored 10 points with six rebounds for his first double-figure scoring game against Siena, in just the third game of the season.
Started the season 16-of-41 (.390) from three-point range in the first 16 games, but then went just 4-of-29 (.138) in the last 13 games.
Smith lettered three times at the small forward position at Charlotte Christian High School, graduating in 2011.
Attended Lake Norman High School as a freshman and was ranked as the 111th-best small forward nationally by ESPN.com and the 55th-best prospect in the state of North Carolina.
Versatile player that averaged about 10.0 points per game, 6.0 rebounds per game and over a block per game as a senior.
Overcome a slew of injuries, including emergency brain surgery as an 11-year old to remove an abscess caused by a sinus infection.
Competed in the 20th annual Charlotte Pro-Am All-Star Basketball Game.
Played in Dave Telep's Carolina Challenge, which featured the top 80 high school underclassmen basketball players in the state of North Carolina (Classes 2011-13).
Scored 18 points against West Orange (Fla.) in the prestigious Montverde Academy Invitational Tournament and led team to a runner-up finish in the Gonzaga DC Classic played in American's Bender Arena in early December, tallying 13 points in a title-game setback to Gonzaga College High School.
Traveled with an all-star high school basketball team to France following his junior year.
Was teammates with Anthony Gill, a 6-8 forward who plays for Virginia.
Son of Sonja Smith.
Majoring in economics.
# GO NAVY #