2014-15 NAAA Athlete of the Week (Feb. 9)
2014-15 – SOPHOMORE: • Played in 31 games and made five starts.
• Averaged 4.7 points in 13.6 minutes per game.
• Drilled three 3-pointers for nine points in Navy's win over Binghamton on Nov. 23.
• Tallied 12 points on three 3-pointers and three free throws in 31 minutes in Navy’s win over Penn St.-Harrisburg on Nov. 26.
• Tallied eight points and made two 3-pointers against Penn on Dec. 3.
• Scored 10 straight points for Navy during one stretch in the second half in a win over VMI on Dec. 9.
• Made two 3-pointers in just two minutes of action at Holy Cross on Jan. 24.
• Started the first game of his career against Boston U. on Feb. 4. Scored a team-high 15 points on 5-of-8 shooting on 3-pointers while filling in for injured starter Brandon Venturini.
• Also had a season-high three assists against Boston U.
• Had a breakout game in Navy’s 67-59 Star Game win over Army on Feb. 7. Scored a career-high 24 points on 9-of-14 shooting and was 5-of-9 on 3-pointers. Scored 18 points in the first half. It was the second start of his career.
• Logged a career-high 37 minutes against Army.
• Named the NAAA Athlete of the Week on Feb. 9 for his performances against Boston U. and Army.
• Scored nine points in Navy’s 15-point comeback win over Colgate on Feb. 14. Logged 27 minutes in the game.
• Broke a 50-50 tie with a 3-pointer with under a minute left in Navy’s 56-52 win over Army in the Patriot League First Round on March 3.
• Was 3-of-3 in the tournament victory over Army and scored seven points in 19 minutes.
• Drew nine offensive charges on the season.
• Led or shared the team lead in scoring three times.
2013-14 - FRESHMAN: Played in 29 games as a freshman.
Averaged 6.7 points in 16.7 minutes per game. Ranked third on the team in scoring.
Ranked third on the team with 7.1 points per game in conference play.
Ranked fifth on the team in total minutes played (485).
Ranked 10th in the Patriot League in 3-pointers made per game (1.8).
During one stretch of the season, Fong made a 3-pointer in 13 straight games.
Scored in double figures nine times and led the team in scoring in four games.
His 52 3-pointers made ranked as the third-most by freshman in school history. He also ranked fourth on the freshman chart with his 134 attempts and was third with his .388 3-point field goal percentage.
His 52 3-pointers made ranked second on the team to Brandon Venturini's 58.
Set a Navy freshman record with seven 3-pointers against Bryant on Dec. 14 while scoring a season-high 21 points. Fong was 7-of-10 on 3-pointers and he made two 3-pointers in the final 16 seconds to force the game to overtime.
Scored 15 points on five 3-pointers against UMBC on Dec. 30.
Scored 10 points in three straight games against Bucknell (Jan. 15), Colgate (Jan. 18) and Lehigh (Jan. 22).
Had 10 points and three rebounds against Bucknell, helping the Mids to a 62-61 win.
Scored 11 points on three 3-pointers against American on Jan. 29.
Tallied 12 points on four 3-pointers and pulled down four rebounds against Lafayette on Feb. 1.
Scored 15 points in a season-high 36 minutes against Boston U. on Feb. 5.
Scored 12 points against Lehigh on Feb. 19.
Fong graduated from Gar-Field High School in 2013, where he earned three letters in basketball.
Ranked as the 26th player in his class by ESPN for the state of Virginia.
Earned second-team all-state honors in 2013 from the Virginia High School Coaches Association.
Was named to the All-Northwest Region First Team and the All-Cardinal District First Team as a senior.
Served as the team captain in 2013.
Led Gar-Field to a 22-5 record as a senior and the team won the district championship, while averaging 18 points.
Made nine three-pointers in a win over Freedom-Woodbridge in 2013.
Shot 90.4 percent from the free-throw line as a senior.
Led team to a 26-2 record as a junior and the team advanced to the state quarterfinals after winning a regional championship.
Led the Washington Metro Area with 103 three-pointers as a senior, making 3.8 treys per game.
Set a school single-game record with 37 points in a win over Woodbridge, scoring 32 in the first half and sitting out most of the second.
Scored 15 points in the Elite Showcase Basketball Classic in 2013.
Son of David and Patricia Fong.
Attended the same high school as four-year letterwinner and 2006 Naval Academy graduate David Hooper.
Majoring in political science.