Siena 54, Navy 49 (OT)
Nov. 11, 2012
SIENA 54, NAVY 49 (OT)
Sunday, November 11, 2012 | Annapolis, Md.
* Navy's starting lineup had 27 career starts between them entering the game.
* This is the second game with this lineup.
* This lineup started the season opener vs. Marymount, and is now 1-1.
* ... Navy is 0-2 vs. Siena.
* ... Navy is 0-1 vs. Siena in Annapolis.
* ... Navy is now 43-18 against the MAAC all-time.
* ... Navy is now 152-128 all-time against schools from the state of New York.
* ... Navy is now 1-3 all-time on November 11.
* ... fell to 223-258 in his 17th year as a collegiate head coach.
* ... fell to 4-27 in his second year at Navy.
* ... fell to 0-2 against Siena.
* ... fell to 2-3 against the MAAC all-time.
* ... fell to 0-2 against the MAAC while at Navy (both losses to Siena).
* Navy lost its third straight overtime game in its 54-49 loss to Siena.
* Navy is now 39-49 all-time in overtime games, and 27-43 in games decided in one overtime session.
* Navy's two points in overtime tied a school record for fewest points scored in an overtime period, set two other times (Nov. 28, 2009 vs. Mount St. Mary's; March 1, 1980 vs. Old Dominion).
* Navy's 49 points were the fewest scored in an overtime game since Jan. 30, 1982 (a 47-46 loss to William & Mary), a span of 48 overtime contests.
* Navy held its second straight opponent to under 55 points, the first time that Navy has done that since Dec. 17-20, 2006 (Delaware Valley College and Washington, Md.).
* Navy was denied in its quest for its 1,300th win all-time, now sitting with a 1,299-942 record.
* Navy fell to 0-10 under DeChellis when having zero or one player score in double figures.
* Ten different players played at least 10 minutes.
* Freshmen scored the last 14 points of regulation and finished the game with 21 points (Dunbar 13, Alexander 8). Freshmen scored 15 of Navy's 26 points in the second half and overtime.
* Navy held Siena to just 32.7 percent from the field, the lowest percentage for an opponent since George Washington shot 31.0 percent on Dec. 5, 2010. The percentage is the lowest in a Navy loss since Mount St. Mary's shot 27.9 percent in a 62-58 Mount win on Dec. 3, 2007.
* Siena's 12.0 three-point percentage was the lowest for an opponent (with at least 15 attempts) since Lafayette shot 9.1 percent (2-of-22) on Feb. 12, 2011.
* Navy had just three turnovers in the second half and overtime and none in the last 14:49 of the contest.
* Tilman Dunbar recorded his first career double-figure scoring game with 13 points. He added five assists and leads the team in scoring and assists through two games. He now has a 2.40 assist-to-turnover ratio (12-to-5) and is averaging 10.5 ppg and 6.0 apg.
* Jerome Alexander has scored 14 points in 28 minutes while shooting 7-of-13 from the field.
* Brandon Venturini grabbed a career-high 10 rebounds and added a career-high five assists. For the season, Venturini has nine assists against just two turnovers.
* Jared Smoot grabbed six rebounds and leads the team with a 6.5 rpg average.
* Thurgood Wynn made multiple three-pointers in a game for the first time in his career.
# GO NAVY #