Nov. 14, 2012
Final Stats |
NAVY 75, BINGHAMTON 52
Wednesday, November 14, 2012 | Annapolis, Md.
STARTING LINEUP (Career / Consecutive):
F - Worth Smith (20 / 12)
C - Jared Smoot (3 / 3)
G - Brandon Venturini (6 / 3)
G - Thurgood Wynn (5 / 3)
G - Tilman Dunbar (3 / 3)
* Navy's starting lineup had 32 career starts between them entering the game.
* This is the third game this year with this starting lineup.
* Of Navy's 17 starting lineups last year, only three lineups started at least three games.
* ... Navy is 1-0 vs. Binghamton.
* ... Navy is 1-0 vs. Binghamton in Annapolis.
* ... Navy is now 14-12 against the America East all-time.
* ... Navy is now 153-128 all-time against schools from the state of New York.
* ... Navy is now 2-2 all-time on November 14.
* ... improved to 224-258 in his 17th year as a collegiate head coach.
* ... improved to 5-27 in his second year at Navy.
* ... improved to 1-0 against Siena.
* ... improved to 6-2 against the America East all-time.
* ... improved to 1-1 against the America East while at Navy (def. Binghamton; lost to Albany last year).
* ... celebrated his 54th birthday on Wednesday.
* Navy won its 1,300th game all-time and now stands with a 1,300-942 record in its 106th season of basketball.
* Navy snapped a 23-game losing streak to Division I opposition with the win over Binghamton.
* The 23-point win was the largest over a Division I since a 90-67 win over Lafayette on Feb. 14, 2009.
* The 23-point win was the largest against a non-conference Division I foe since 76-51 win over Md.-Eastern Shore on Nov. 25, 2008.
* Navy held its third straight opponent to under 55 points. It marked the first time since Feb. 2000 (four times) that Navy has held three straight foes under 55 points.
* Navy had 16 assists to eight turnovers for an assist-to-turnover ratio of 2.00. It's Navy's best assist-to-turnover ratio since having 21 assists against eight turnovers (2.38) against Holy Cross on Feb. 17, 2010.
* Navy's eight turnovers are the fewest since having eight against Holy Cross on Feb. 17, 2010. It's the fewest in a non-conference game since having seven against Harvard on Jan. 2, 1997.
* Navy held Binghamton to just 32.7 percent shooting. It marks the first time Navy has held three straight opponents under 35.0 percent shooting since Dec. 5-27, 1986.
* Navy's 38 free throw attempts are the most since attempting 41 against Radford on Nov. 30, 2008.
* Navy's 11 three-point attempt equal the fewest since shooting 10 against Susquehanna on Dec. 29, 2005. Navy has had three instances during that span of 11 three-point attempts (four including tonight).
* Navy snapped a 25-game losing streak when shooting under 45.0 percent. Navy shot 44.4 percent. The last Navy win when shooting under 45.0 percent came agianst Colgate on Feb. 26, 2011.
* The win snapped a 20-game losing streak when making four or fewer three-pointers. Navy made three in the win over Binghamton. Navy's last win with fewer than four three-pointers came on Jan. 5, 2009 vs. Elon (3).
* Navy's bench scored 25 points on 9-of-16 shooting from the field. Navy's bench has outscored the opposing bench in all three games.
* Navy freshmen scored 31 points, grabbed nine rebounds and dished out 11 assists. The group shot a collective 11-of-22 from the field.
* ... career high in points (16) and assists (11); tied in rebounds (3) and steals (2).
* ... tied a Navy freshman record with 11 assists in a single-game.
* ... his 11 assists are tied for the sixth most in the country this year and the second most by a freshman (14 by Stephen Croone of Furman vs. Southern Wesleyan.
* ... Dunbar now has 23 assists in three games (7.7 apg) and has an assist-to-turnover ratio of 3.83 (23-to-6). In his last two games, Dunbar has 16 assists against two turnovers.
* ... recorded first career double-double. First points-assists double-double since O.J. Avworo (14 p, 13 a) vs. Holy Cross (Feb. 17, 2009)
* ... is the first freshman in school history with a 15-point, 10-assist game.
* ... career-high nine rebounds. One point shy of career high with 11 points.
* ... career-high nine rebounds. One point shy of career high with eight points.
* ... Smoot went 3-of-4 from the field and is shooting 8-of-12 (.667) from the field this year and 14-of-23 (.609) for his career.
* ... recorded his 11th career double-figure scoring game with 13 points and six rebounds.
* ... connected on 2-of-3 three-pointers during a 16-2 run in the first half. Knorr is now 9-of-20 (.450) from three-point range if you include the exhibition game vs. Slippery Rock.
# GO NAVY #