Navy to Play at Bucknell Saturday on CBS Sports Network
Navy (15-14, 10-7 PL) at Bucknell (22-8, 14-3 PL)
Saturday, February 25, 2017 | 12 noon (ET)
Lewisburg, Pa. | Sojka Pavilion (4,000)
TV: CBS Sports Network
Navy Radio: 1430 AM / 99.9 FM WNAV & 1500 AM WFED
Live Stats | Game Notes
ANNAPOLIS, Md. - The Navy men’s basketball team (15-14, 10-7 PL) will play at first-place Bucknell (22-8, 14-3 PL) on Saturday at 12 noon in its regular season finale. Navy enters the contest in fourth place in the Patriot League standings and can be seeded anywhere from third to fifth in the upcoming Patriot League Tournament.
Saturday’s game will be televised nationally on CBS Sports Network with Jason Knapp and Mo Cassara handling announcing duties. Pete Medhurst will have the Navy radio call on 1430 AM / 99.9 FM WNAV in Annapolis and on 1500 AM WFED in Washington, D.C. Due to the national TV broadcast, there will not be a live internet stream on Saturday. Live statistics will be available.
• Navy (15-14, 10-7 PL) will seek to snap a three-game losing skid at Bucknell on Saturday in its Patriot League Regular Season finale.
• Navy has defeated every Patriot League school this season except for Bucknell.
• Navy enters the weekend in sole possession of fourth place in the Patriot League standings.
• Navy can clinch a top-four seed and a home quarterfinal playoff game on March 2 with a win over Bucknell or a Holy Cross loss to Boston U. Navy can also clinch a top-four seed if Loyola defeats American and Colgate loses to Lafayette.
• Under head coach Ed DeChellis, Navy has increased its conference win total for the fifth straight season.
• Navy’s 10 league wins are the most since going 11-1 in the Patriot League in 2000.
• Navy is coming off a 74-58 loss to American on Wednesday evening.
• American shot 61 percent from the field (25-of-41), while the Mids shot just 31 percent (21-of-67) from the floor and 18 percent on 3-pointers (5-of-28).
• Junior guard Shawn Anderson scored 17 points with six rebounds and junior forward Tom Lacey posted his fifth double-double of the season with 10 points and 10 rebounds.
• Anderson leads Navy in scoring at 12.1 points per game. Anderson is second on the team in rebounding (4.6) and second in assists (3.0).
• Anderson ranks 29th in program history with 893 points.
• Junior guard Bryce Dulin averages 9.2 points in overall games and 10.5 in Patriot League play.
• Dulin currently leads the Patriot League in 3-point field goal percentage in conference only games (.500) and is second in overall games (.435).
• Sophomore point guard Hasan Abdullah is third on the team in scoring at 8.8 points per game, first in assists (3.2) and first in 3-pointers made (46).
• Abdullah ranks 33rd in the NCAA in total steals (54).
• Sophomore forward George Kiernan is fourth on the team in scoring at 8.3 points per game and is second in 3-pointers made (41).
• Lacey leads Navy in rebounding (7.8) and is fifth in scoring (7.9).
• Lacey ranks third in the Patriot League in overall rebounds and is first in offensive rebounds per game (3.2).
• Lacey ranks 26th in the NCAA in offensive rebounds per game (3.2).
• Lacey’s 93 offensive rebounds this season rank as the fourth most in a single season at Navy since the statistic was consistently tracked in 1987.
• Senior center Edward Alade is tied for eighth in school history in career games played with 117. Alade’s 118th game will tie him for seventh place with Kaleo Kina (2009).
• Navy ranks 28th in the NCAA in scoring defense (64.2), 31st in offensive rebounds per game (12.9), 33rd in rebounding margin (+5.5) and 35th in turnovers forced per game (15.4).
• As a team, Navy ranks first in the Patriot League in rebounding margin (+5.5) and offensive rebounds per game (12.9). Navy is second in the conference in scoring defense (64.2) and second in turnover margin (+0.9).
• In conference only games, Navy is first in the Patriot League in rebounding margin (+6.8) and offensive rebounds per game (13.2). Navy is second in scoring defense (62.1).
• Bucknell has clinched the Patriot League Regular Season outright title and will be the No. 1 seed for the upcoming Patriot League Tournament.
• Bucknell is 14-3 in the Patriot League and 22-8 overall.
• The Bison defeated Lafayette, 94-64, on Wednesday evening for their second straight win. • Bucknell made a school record 17 3-pointers against Lafayette.
• Junior guard Stephen Brown made five 3-pointers for 17 points with nine assists against zero turnovers.
• Junior forward Zach Thomas made four 3-pointers for 20 points and also had seven rebounds and seven assists.
• Bucknell had 24 assists on its 35 made field goals against Lafayette and committed just five turnovers.
• Thomas leads Bucknell in scoring at 16.0 points per game and is second in rebounding (6.6) and assists (3.3). Thomas ranks second in the Patriot League in scoring.
• Junior center Nana Foulland averages 14.8 points, 7.9 rebounds and 1.9 blocks. Foulland ranks second in the Patriot League in rebounding and is first in blocked shots.
• Sophomore guard Kimbal Mackenzie averages 11.2 points and Brown averages 10.9 points and 4.9 assists.
• Bucknell leads the Patriot League in scoring offense (75.9) and scoring margin (+8.0).
• Nathan Davis is in his second season as Bucknell’s head coach and has a two-year conference coaching record of 28-7.
Series History vs. Bucknell
• Bucknell leads the all-time series against Navy, 39-35.
• Bucknell is 15-2 against Navy in games at Sojka Pavilion.
• Bucknell has won eight straight games against Navy in Sojka.
• Navy’s last win at Bucknell was in 2010.
• In the first meeting this season in Annapolis on Dec. 30, Bucknell led for just 3:38, but the Bison were able to rally for a 13-point deficit and hold off Navy, 59-55.
• Bucknell pulled ahead of Navy in the game’s opening three minutes and did not regain the lead until the 1:13 mark in the second half. Navy led for 35 minutes in the game.
• Bucknell outscored Navy 36-23 in the second half and 10-2 in the final 2:30 of the contest.
• Mackenzie scored a game-high 22 points, while Foulland tallied 12 points and 12 rebounds. Mackenzie sealed the win with two free throws with seven seconds left to extend Bucknell’s margin to four points.
• Anderson tallied 12 points and eight rebounds for Navy. Abdullah and Evan Wieck each scored nine points, while Kiernan added eight points off the bench.
• Navy will next play in the Patriot League Tournament Quarterfinals on Thursday, March 2.
• If Navy finishes in the top four the team will host a quarterfinal game on Thursday.
• If Navy does not finish in the top four it will play its quarterfinal game on the road.