Navy Hosts Bucknell in Regular-Season Home Finale
March 1, 2013
Game Notes | Watch Here | Listen Here | Gametracker | Twitter Updates
Bucknell (24-5, 11-2 PL) at NAVY (8-21, 2-11)
Saturday, March 2, 2013 | 7:00 PM (ET)
Annapolis, Md. | Alumni Hall (5,710)
Video Streaming: Navy All-Access / Patriot League All-Access
Radio: WNAV (1430 AM, 99.9 FM, wnav.com), WFED (1500 AM)
Satellite Radio: SIRIUS (Channel 134)
Announcers: Pete Medhurst, Michael Heary
Twitter Updates: @NavyAthletics
Tickets: Available at Alumni Hall entrance.
Series: Navy leads, 34-31 (Bucknell, win-6)
All fans without a Department of Defense sticker affixed to their vehicle will need to either park outside of the Naval Academy and walk through the security checkpoint or else ride the free shuttle bus to and from the matches. The shuttle bus will originate from and return to Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium (parking is $5 per vehicle).
Season-ticket holders are able to park on The Yard, as they should have received a pass from the Naval Academy for entry onto campus.
Pack the House Night -- Help us Sell Out Alumni Hall for the last regular game of the season.
Bill's Game Room Presented by Buffalo Wild Wings -- FREE pre-game event for all fans in attendance.
Scout Night -- Boy and Girl Scouts are invited to attend the game for only $3 a person! The first 500 scouts in attendance receive a commemerative scout patch! Email email@example.com for details!
Mascot Mayhem -- A fan Favorite! local mascots take place in a riveting halftime scrimmage! It's a must-see for all fans!
The Navy Top 10
1. Navy (8-21, 2-11 PL) plays host to the Patriot League regular-season champion, Bucknell (24-5, 11-2 PL), on Saturday night in the final home game of the season for the Navy men's basketball team.
2. Navy is coming off a 72-43 loss at Lehigh on Wednesday night. The Midshipmen have lost two games in a row after defeating American, 50-44, on Wednesday, Feb. 20, in Annapolis. Navy is looking for its second straight Patriot League home victory for the first time since Feb. 19-26, 2011 (Army, Bucknell).
3. Navy's five-win improvement from last year is tied for the sixth-best victory improvement in school history. The school record is nine from the 1992-93 (8) to the 1993-94 season (17). One more victory will give Navy a six-win improvement, which would tie four other seasons as the second-best improvement in school history.
4. Navy is currently holding opponents to 61.0 points per game, ranking 46th nationally in scoring defense and second in the Patriot League. Navy hasn't finished in the top two of the Patriot League's scoring defense category since the 1998-99 campaign. The 61.0 points per game allowed would rank as the third-best mark in school history and the lowest of the shot clock era.
5. Navy averages just 11.5 turnovers per game, a number that is going to smash the school record for fewest turnovers per game, set in 1987 at 13.4 turnovers per game. The Midshipmen rank 30th nationally in turnovers per game and 58th in turnover margin.
6. Navy is shooting just 39.5 percent from the field for the entire season, a percentage that ranks 324th nationally. The Midshipmen are averaging just 55.9 points per game, which is lower than the school record low of 56.4 points per game, set in 2003-04. Navy is 342nd nationally in points per game, and has yet to reach 60 points against a Patriot League foe this year.
7. Freshman Tilman Dunbar continues to lead the Patriot League in assists, averaging 5.0 assists per game. His 146 assists are the most for a freshman in Patriot League history and he needs 15 points and four assists to become the first Navy player since 1991 (Erik Harris) to have 300 points and 150 assists.
8. Worth Smith is the only player in the Patriot League to have recorded at least 30 blocks and 30 steals this year. He is one of eight freshmen and sophomores nationally to have scored 300 points with 30 blocks and 30 steals (through Wednesday's games).
9. Brandon Venturini has moved into 10th place on the school's single-season three-pointers made list with 63, ranking sixth in the PL.
10. Saturday's game will bring the 600,000th fan through the Alumni Hall turnstiles. A crowd of 1,856 is needed to surpass 600,000 fans. During Patriot League play, Navy is averaging 2,905 fans per game, ranking second behind Bucknell (3,531).
# GO NAVY #