Eighteen seniors will be commissioned 2nd Lieutenants in the United States Marine Corps, while 13 will be Ensigns in the United States Navy
Navy will recognize its 31 senior members prior to Saturday's AAC contest against Tulsa.
Worth, Wood and Harris honored
Senior quarterback from Powder Springs, Ga.
Senior quarterback from Fayetteville, Ga.
• At Navy: Enters the fall as Navy’s starting punter after a solid junior campaign ... was solid in replacing four-year starter Pablo Beltran ... particularly adept at downing punts inside the 20-yard line ... has earned one varsity letter.
• 2015: A Second-Team All-East selection, he served as the Mids’ punter throughout the season ... averaged 41.6 yards on 40 punts ... 10 of the 40 were placed inside the 20 and six were 50 or more yards ... punted just once against Pitt in the Military Bowl, sending it just 13 yards ... had a busy afternoon against Army West Point, punting 11 times for a 42.6 average ... placed two punts inside the 20 and three others just barely skated the clutches of being downed at the one ... among his 11 punts, two went 50-plus yards including a long of 66 ... the 11 punts are the most by Navy since Oct. 14, 2006, when the Mids punted 11 times against Rutgers ... averaged 44.5 yards on his two punts at Houston, including a long of 48 yards ... punted three times at Tulsa with an average of 48.0 yards ... his long of the night against the Golden Hurricane was 51 yards, his fourth 50-plus yard punt of the year ... sent his lone punt against SMU just 24 yards ... had one of his best outings of his career at Memphis where he averaged 45.2 yards per punt, including a long of 50 and two placed inside the 20 ... named the AAC Special Teams Player of the Week for his efforts in the win of the 15th-ranked Tigers ... punted three times against USF for a 38.0 average that included his second 50-plus yarder ... also contributed a tackle against the Bulls ... averaged 36.5 yards among his four punts against Tulane, including placing one inside the 20 ... punted twice at Notre Dame for a 44.5 average, placing one of the two inside the 20 ... called upon to punt five times against Air Force where he averaged 39.2 yards wiht a long of 45 ... averaged 42.0 yards among his two punts at UConn, placing both inside the 20 ... his first punt was a 43-yarder and was downed at the one thanks to the hustle of teammate Ryan Harris who kept it from going into the end zone ... boomed a 42-yarder on Navy’s lone punt against East Carolina ... in his first career appearance, booted a 72-yard punt in the Mids’ season-opening victory against Colgate ... it was just two yards off the stadium record.
• 2014: Did not seen any varsity action.
• 2013: Did not seen any varsity action.
• High School / Personal: A 2012 graduate of Clarkston High School, Barta attended the Naval Academy Prep School during the 2012-13 academic year ... a two-sport athlete who earned three letters in football and two in baseball ... garnered all-county football honors as a senior and was named the specialist of the season ... member of the football squad that claimed the regional championship in 2009 ... member of the National Honor Society ... went on recruiting visits to Michigan and Western Michigan ... son of Guido and Donna Barta ... majoring in systems engineering.