Fifteen seniors will be commissioned 2nd Lieutenants in the United States Marine Corps (11 ground, four pilot), while 17 will be Ensigns in the United States Navy (eight surface warfare, two pilot, two flight officers, three submarines, one special warfare and one information warfare).
The award is given to the best offensive line in the country
By Gary Lambrecht
Junior corner from Miami, Fla.
Senior center from Kaneohe, Hawai'i
• At Navy: Enters the fall listed as even with Maurice Morris for the starting center job ... will probably miss the first couple of games due to a leg injury he suffered in the spring ... very athletic ... does a great job of getting to the second level ... plays with great tenacity ... has earned two varsity letters.
• 2014: Part of an offensive unit that ended the year ranked No. 1 nationally in fewest penalties per game (2.54), fewest penalty yards per game (24.77), No. 2 in rushing offense (338.1), No. 2 in passing yards per completion (17.06), No. 6 in fewest passes intercepted (5), No. 11 in third down conversion (.481), No. 33 in tackles for loss allowed (5.00), No. 34 in fourth down conversion (.583) and No. 36 in red zone offense (.873) ... the line was instrumental in paving the way for the Mids to rush for over 300 yards in 15 of their last 19 games which included a school-record nine in a row (Notre Dame 2013 - Texas State 2014) ... meanwhile it allowed for quarterback Keenan Reynolds to become the NCAA record holder for most rushing TDs by a QB over a career and tied for fourth among all positions with 64 ... made appearances in nine games and started the Mids' opener against Ohio State ... the 39 points by Navy against Notre Dame were the most points scored in a regulation game against the Irish and the second most all-time ... the Mids' 454 yards of total offense (336 rush, 118 pass) are the most by Navy in the series since 1972 (459 yds) ... the 336 yards rushing by Navy were the most yards on the ground allowed by Notre Dame this season, as were the 60 rushing plays ... the offensive line allowed the Mids to rush for 423 yards against San Jose State, Navy's third 400-yard rushing game of the season and the 27th-best rushing performance in program history ... Keenan Reynolds also ran for three touchdowns to break the Navy record for career touchdowns ... sat out the VMI game with a shoulder injury ... Navy topped the 400-yard rushing mark for the second time with 412 yards against Western Kentucky and featured two 100-yard rushers (Reynolds 121, Noah Copeland 104) for the first time since the 2013 season opener against Indiana ... helped pave the way for Navy to amass 517 yards of total offense (487 rush, 30 pass) at Temple ... the 487 yards rushing marked the best ground gain by the Mids since they rushed for 512 yards against East Carolina in 2012 and it's the 11th-best rushing game in program history ... earned the start at center where the offensive line helped the Mids rush for 370 yards.
• 2013: Made appearances in seven games, including making his first collegiate start at San Jose State ... Navy's offense rushed for 432 yards on 62 carries and scored a season-high 58 points in a triple overtime win against the Spartans ... the 432 yards are the second most by the Mids on the ground this season ... it also marked the fourth consecutive game in which the Mids have topped the 300-yard mark, the longest stretch since 2007 ... it paved the way for Keenan Reynolds to rush for an NCAA record seven touchdowns (most for a QB) and throw for another, which set a Navy record for most touchdowns responsible for ... played a good portion of the second half of the South Alabama game after Tanner Fleming was knocked out with a concussion ... part of an offense that eclipsed the 500-yard total offense mark for the third time this season when the Mids posted 519 yards in their win over South Alabama to become bowl eligible ... Navy also rushed for 351 yards, marking the first time since 2010 that it has topped the 300-yard rushing mark in three straight games (331 vs. Notre Dame, 383 vs. Hawai'i) ... the 42-point output against the Jaguars marked the fifth time this season Navy has scored 40-plus points ... made his collegiate debut in the Mids' home opener against Delaware ... also saw action against Western Kentucky, Duke and South Alabama.
• 2012: Did not see any varsity action..
• High School / Personal: A 2011 graduate of Kamehameha High School, Ryder attended the Naval Academy Prep School during the 2011-12 academic year ... a three-year football letterwinner who received All-State (Hawai'i) honors as a junior and senior ... also received All-ILH honors in 2009 and `10 ... led Kamehameha to the state title in 2009 ... high school classmate of fellow Navy football senior Kikau Pescaia ... brother, Wave, graduated in 2014 and was a three-year letterwinner on the football team at safety ... son of Michael and Wendy Ryder ... majoring in general science.