The winner of the Houston vs. Navy game will finish second in the AAC West Division.
Navy will honor its 34 seniors in a pregame ceremony.
By Gary Lambrecht
The Mids scored a school-record 73 touchdowns, including a program-record 61 rushing TDs.
The Mids have won three consecutive bowl games dating back to the 2013 Armed Forces Bowl where they defeated Middle Tennessee.
Navy-LA Tech Football 12-23-16
Army-Navy Football 12-10-16
Navy-Temple Football 12-3-16
Navy-Houston Football 10-8-16
Navy-UConn Football 9-10-16
• At Navy: Enters the fall second on the depth chart at linebacker behind Micah Thomas ... saw action at both inside and outside linebacker in 2016 and will probably do so again this year ... has all the tools ... rangy athlete that can rush the passer or drop into coverage ... has earned three varsity letters.
• 2016: Played in 13 games, starting four times ... produced 22 tackles, including a sack and two tackles for loss ... credited for a quarterback hurry and recovered a fumble ... made the start against LA Tech in the Armed Forces Bowl where he pitched in a career-high five tackles and recovered a fumble, the first of his career ... posted three tackles against Army ... made the start against Temple in the AAC Championship Game where he posted three tackles, including a tackle for loss ... turned in three tackles, along with a tackle for loss and sack at SMU ... missed the East Carolina game due to a death in the family ... pitched in a tackle at USF ... part of a defensive unit that caused three Houston turnovers (2 INT, 1 Fumble) that in turn led to 17 points for the Mids ... made the start at Air Force where he made one solo stop ... contributed three tackes in the win over Tulane ... made the start at striker against UConn in the conference opener where he posted a pair of tackles ... pitched in a tackle and was credited with a quarterback hurry in Navy’s season-opener against Fordham.
• 2015: Saw action in 11 games and started one ... produced 18 tackles, including 2.0 tackles for loss and a half sack on the year ... chipped in a solo tackle against Army West Point ... sat out the Houston game with an ankle injury ... made his first career start in the Mids’ win at Tulsa ... turned in three tackles against the Golden Hurricane ... turned in a career-high tying four tackles against SMU, including 1.5 tackles for a loss and a half a sack ... pitched in a career-high tying four tackles, including a half a tackle for a loss against Memphis ... played one of his best games in a Navy jersey in the Mids’ win over Tulane where he recorded a career-best four tackles ... pitched in a tackle at UConn ... saw extensive action in the Mids’ win against East Carolina where he made one solo stop.
• 2014: Saw action as a member of special teams in each of the last 11 contests where he produced nine tackles ... contributed a solo tackle in his first collegiate appearance against Army ... assisted on a tackle at South Alabama ... chipped in a tackle against San Jose State ... part of a defensive unit that surrendered one touchdown to VMI which was scored with 14 seconds left in the game ...pitched in a career-best three tackles against VMI ... posted two tackles against Western Kentucky ... turned in his first college tackle in the Mids’ loss to Rutgers ... made his collegiate debut in Navy’s win at Texas State.
• High School / Personal: A 2013 graduate of Keller High School, Jones attended the Naval Academy Prep School during the 2013-14 academic year ... a two-sport athlete who earned letters in football and track & field ... earned all-district honors in football his junior and senior years ... also considered Texas Tech, Arkansas and Colorado ... son of Christopher and Dietrich Jones ... majoring in economics.