To be eligible for the honor the nominee must have attained a minimum grade point average of 3.00 for the entire academic year.
6-1, 249 pound junior linebacker from Cedar Park, Texas
Junior wide receiver from Davie, Fla.
Clements, Gulley, Powell, Tibbetts and Hook
Navy finished the season ranked 18th in both polls.
Navy vs. Pitt - Military Bowl
Army-Navy Football 2015
2015 Navy-Tulane Football
Navy vs. Western Kentucky FB 9-27-14
Navy vs. Rutgers FB 9-20-14
• High School / Personal: Returning three-year starter at left corner ... has been the starter there for the last 20 games and 23 games overall ... tremendous competitior ... has good ball instincts ... terrific tackler ... is in the conversation as one of the best corners at Navy in school history ... has earned three varsity letters..
• 2015: A starter in 35 contests over his career, he has been the starter at cornerback in 32 of the last 33 games ... part of a defensive squad that was ranked #12 in red zone defense (.737) #32 in rushing defense (143.0), #26 in scoring defense (21.8), #40 in total defense (364.9), #13 in turnovers gained (27), #3 in turnover margin (+1.46), #1 in fumbles recovered (15) ... Navy held its opponents to 21 points or less in 10 of its 13 contests ... the defense has forced a turnover in 19 of the last 20 contests - 39 turnovers (21 INTs / 18 fumble recoveries) ... finished the year with 52 tackles, including 5.0 for a loss ... also posted a team-high four interceptions, six pass breakups, a forced fumble and a fumble recovery ... one of two cornerbacks nationally to be named to the Associated Press 2015 All-Bowl Team, he recorded a pair of tackles and intercepted two passes against Pitt in the Military Bowl ... he is the first Navy player to have two interceptions in a single game since Chris Johnson had two picks against Air Force in 2013 ... turned in five tackles, including a tackle for loss, against Army West Point ... also broke up a pass ... paced the defense with a season-best nine tackles, all solo, and a pass breakup at Houston ... Navy’s defense held Tulsa to a season-low 356 yards (77R, 279P) after coming into the game ranked ninth nationally averaging 526.9 yards of total offense ... posted four tackles against Tulsa, including a tackle for a loss of three yards ... also forced a fumble, the third of his career and first since his freshman season ... the Mids held SMU to 14 points which tied as a season low for the Mustangs ... chipped in a solo tackle against SMU ... part of a defensive unit that held #15 Memphis to a season-low 20 points and snapped the Tigers’ 15-game winning streak which was the third longest in the country ... posted five tackles against Memphis and recorded his first collegiate fumble recovery ... member of the Mids’ defense that held USF to just 17 points, the second fewest scored by the Bulls the season (14 vs. Florida State) ... the Bulls’ 62 rushing yards were the fewest by a Navy opponent since Oct. 11, 2014, when VMI rushed for just 60 yards on 30 carries ... USF’s nine first downs were the fewest by a Navy opponent since Sept. 11, 2010, when Georgia Southern recorded eight ... recorded three stops against USF, including a tackle for a loss ... chipped in a pair of tackles in the win over Tulane and broke up two passes ... recorded a season-high seven tackles at Notre Dame and posted his second interception in as many games with a pick of Notre Dame’s DeShone Kizer ... part of a defensive unit that held Air Force scoreless in the opening half and held the Falcons to their fewest yards of total offense (277) since 2009 (240) ... held the Falcons to just 11 points, their lowest scoring out put since Notre Dame defeated them 45-10 on Oct. 26, 2013 ... the defense forced four Air Force turnovers (3 fumbles, 1 interception), marking the most turnovers forced by Navy since Sept. 10, 2011, when Western Kentucky turned the ball over five times (3 fumbles, 2 interceptions) ... contributed three tackles, including a tackle for a loss against the Falcons ... also came up with his first interception since his freshman year ... produced five tackles, including a tackle for a loss of two yards, and broke up a pass at UConn ... member of the Mids’ defensive unit that combined for five sacks against the Huskies which are the most by a Navy team since 2006 against Temple (6) ... turned in five tackles in Navy’s league opener against East Carolina ... made one stop against Colgate in the opener.
• 2014: Part of a defensive unit that was ranked 38th nationally in interceptions (13), 31st in passing yards allowed (205.2) and 38th in red zone defense (.788) ... a starter in 23 games over his career, including each of the last 20 ... posted 58 tackles (49-9), including two tackles for loss ... also broke up four passes on the year ... pitched in a tackle in Navy’s Poinsettia Bowl victory over San Diego State ... despite the Mids’ four fumbles in the game, including three in Navy territory, Navy’s defense surrendered just a pair of field goals to the Aztecs ... part of a defensive unit that held Army without an offensive touchdown and under 50 yards passing, the first Navy opponent since Army in 2012 ... the Mids’ defense held Army under 300 yards total offense (235) and 200 yards rushing (198) ... pitched in four tackles in the win against the Black Knights ... contributed six tackles, including five solo stops at South Alabama where he eclipsed 100 career tackles ... foiled the Jaguars’ bid to tie the game at the end of regulation by intercepting a pass from Brandon Bridge on a two-point conversion attempt (does not count as an interception in the official stats) ... turned in three tackles and broke up a pass against Georgia Southern ... produced five tackles against Notre Dame ... chipped in a tackle against San Jose State ... part of a defensive unit that surrendered one touchdown to VMI which was scored with 14 seconds left in the game ... totaled four tackles against the Keydets ... produced four solo stops and broke up a pass at Air Force ... contributed a career-high 12 tackles, including 11 solo stops against Western Kentucky ... tacked on a tackle for loss and a pass breakup ... posted six tackles, including a tackle for loss against Rutgers ... turned in five tackles and broke up a pass at Texas State ... made five solo tackles in the road win against Temple ... pitched in two tackles against No. 5 Ohio State in the opener.
• 2013: An All-East selection, who also garnered Second-Team All-Independent honors from Phil Steele and was an Honorable Mention FBS All-Independent selection ... a starter in 10 of the 13 games, he finished the year sixth on the team in tackles with 49 ... along with Chris Johnson, led the team with three interceptions, broke up a team-best four passes and forced a team-high tying two fumbles ... member of the Mids’ defensive unit that held eight of its 13 opponents under their scoring average this season, including Middle Tennessee who managed just two field goals in the 24-6 loss to the Mids ... the six points were the fewest allowed among the bowl games this season and Navy’s defense was the only unit in the country to not allow a touchdown in the postseason this year ... Navy was also the only team in the country who did not give up a pass of 50 yards or more over the course of the season ... held Middle Tennessee to a season-low six points en route to winning the Bell Helicopter Armed Forces Bowl ... the defense held Middle Tennessee to 91 yards on the ground, the fewest by an opponent since Central Michigan rushed for 70 yards in 2012 ... posted three solo tackles against Middle Tennessee ... Navy’s defense held Army, ranked No. 2 in the country in rushing (323.6), to a season-low 157 yards ... Navy was the only team to hold the Black Knights under 200 yards rushing this season ... the Mids held Army to a season-low seven points ... it’s the fewest points scored by the Black Knights against the Mids since 2009 when Navy posted a 17-3 win in Philly ... individually forced three Army turnovers (two fumbles, one interception), while contributing four tackles and a half a tackle for loss ... forced an A.J. Schurr fumble at the Navy 38 (4:11, 1Qtr) ... it was Clements’ first career forced fumble ... picked off Angel Santiago at the Army 49 (6:45, 2Qtr) ... it was his third interception of the season ... forced a Santiago fumble at the Army 35 (6:01, 4Qtr) ... produced three tackles in the Mids’ triple OT win over San Jose State ... Navy’s defensive unit held South Alabama to a season-low 14 points, 15 points under the Jags’ average ... the Mids held South Alabama off the scoreboard for the 39 minutes of the contest as Navy scored the final 32 points of the game ... the Jags averaged just 3.3 yards per rush and 5.0 yards per passing attempts which were season lows for a Navy opponent this season, as was their 300 yards of total offense ... produced a pair of tackles and broke up a pass in the win over South Alabama ... turned in a nine tackles, including a tackle for loss in the win over Hawai’i ... credited with one tackle against Notre Dame and also recorded his second interception of the year ... earned the start at right cornerback against Pitt where he recorded a then career-high eight tackles, including his first tackle for loss ... turned in a solo tackle at Toledo ... was replaced in the starting lineup against Air Force by Kwazel Bertrand, who returned to the playing field after suffering a knee injury in the preseason ... turned in a solo tackle on special teams against the Falcons ... pitched in three solo tackles against Western Kentucky ... turned in five tackles, an interception and a pass break-up in the win over Delaware ... intercepted Delaware’s Trent Hurley (9:30, 2Qtr) at the Navy 24-yd line, marking his first collegiate interception ... made his collegiate debut against the Hoosiers where he also earned his first career start at cornerback ... produced five tackles and two pass breakups.
• High School / Personal: A 2012 graduate of Coral Reef High School, Clements attended the Naval Academy Prep School during the 2012-13 academic year ... a three-sport athlete who earned letters in football (4), track & field (4 - hurdles) and wrestling (3) ... a First-Team All-Dade selection in football his senior year and earned honorable mention as a junior ... son of Chevas and Petrina Clements ... majoring in economics ... has a 3.0 grade point average.