Malcolm Perry named Most Valuable Player by his teammates
Five rushing touchdowns ties the FBS record for most rushing touchdowns in a bowl game
By T.C. Cameron
Navy will honor its 34 seniors in a pregame ceremony.
By Gary Lambrecht
USATSI Photos from Navy football vs. Temple - Thursday, Nov. 2, 2017
Navy vs. Tulane
NCAA Football: Navy at Florida Atlantic
Navy-LA Tech Football 12-23-16
Army-Navy Football 12-10-16
• At Navy: Enters the fall as Navy’s starting fullback after starting eight games there last year... powerful runner that has good speed ... runs angry and with a purpose ... needs to stay healthy ... has earned two varsity lettes.
• 2016: A starter in eight of the 11 contests in which he played ... missed three games - Tulsa, East Carolina and SMU - due to injury ... Navy’s second-leading rusher with 546 yards on 85 carries and seven touchdowns ... also caught one pass for 38 yards ... rushed for 46 yards on seven carries and scored a pair of touchdowns against LA Tech in the Armed Forces Bowl ... it was just the second time in his career he scored TDs in a game ... caught his first career pass for a 38-yard gain ... carried the ball four times for 17 yards against Army ... returned from injury to carry the ball three times for 10 yards against Temple in the AAC Championship Game ... rushed for 28 yards on six carries against Notre Dame ... carried the ball 10 times for 53 yards at USF ... gained 72 yards on 16 carries in a win over Memphis ... carried the ball just twice for 25 yards, including a first-quarter, 12-yard TD run against #6 Houston before leaving the game in the opening half with an injury ... rushed for 32 yards on a career-best 11 carries at Air Force ... carried the ball nine times for 51 yards at Tulane, including a 6-yard TD run to get the Mids’ on the scoreboard first ... rushed for 36 yards, including a 4-yard touchdown, on seven carries against UConn in the conference opener ... his fumble led to an 86-yard TD return by UConn’s Jamar Summers ... made a statement in his first collegiate start where he carried the ball 10 times for a career-high 176 yards and two touchdowns ... it marked the first touchdowns of his career ... among his touchdown runs was a career-long run of 70 yards ... it was the most yards on the ground by a fullback since Alexander Teich rumbled for 210 yards on 26 carries in Navy’s 35-17 victory over Notre Dame on Oct. 23, 2010, at the New Meadowlands.
• 2015: Played in seven contests primarily as a member of special teams ... carried the ball five times for 31 yards on the year ... rushed for a career-best 18 yards on three carries at Tulsa and featured a career-long run of 13 yards ... carried the ball twice for 13 yards in Navy’s win against SMU ... it was the first two carries of his career ... returned a kickoff, the first of his career, one yard in Navy’s league opener against East Carolina ... made his collegiate debut in the Mids’ opener against Colgate.
• 2014: Did not see any varsity action.
• High School / Personal: A 2013 graduate of Douglass High School, High attended the Naval Academy Prep School during the 2013-14 academic year ... a three-sport athlete who earned letters in football (4), track & field (3) and wrestling (4) ... earned First-Team Little All-City honors in football his senior year and was named the best running back in Class 4A ... son of Cherryetta High ... majoring in economics.