Senior defensive end from Port Matilda, Pa.
Sophomore safety from Keller, Texas
Senior safety from Antioch, Tenn.
Senior cornerback from San Antonio, Texas
Junior outside linebacker from West Chester, Ohio
Navy vs. Notre Dame FB 11-1-14
Navy takes on Air Force
Navy at Temple 9-6-14
Navy vs. Ohio State FB 8-30-14
2013 Armed Forces Bowl Game
• At Navy: Enters the fall listed as a starter at slot back ... has great speed and is tough as nails ... one of Navy’s best receiving threats out of the backfield ... tenacious blocker ... plays with a chip on his shoulder ... has earned two varsity letters.
• 2014: Part of an offensive unit that ended the year ranked No. 1 nationally in fewest penalties per game (2.54), fewest penalty yards per game (24.77), No. 2 in rushing offense (338.1), No. 2 in passing yards per completion (17.06), No. 6 in fewest passes intercepted (5), No. 11 in third down conversion (.481), No. 34 in fourth down conversion (.583) and No. 36 in red zone offense (.873) ... a starter in two of the 12 games in which he played, he rushed for 231 yards on 29 carries and scored three touchdowns, while also catching two passes for 67 yards and a TD ... rushed for 24 yards on four carries in the Mids’ Poinsettia Bowl win over San Diego State ... carried the ball three times for 17 yards against Notre Dame ... part of an offense that rushed for 423 yards against San Jose State, Navy’s third 400-yard rushing game of the season and the 27th-best rushing performance in program history ... rushed for 26 yards on three carries and scored an eight-yard touchdown against San Jose State ... also caught a 27-yard pass ... had a career-long 19-yard punt return against the Spartans ... carried the ball four times for 46 yards against VMI, including a season-long 25-yard run ... scored a 40-yard touchdown against Air Force on his first reception of the year and just his second career receiving touchdown ... carried the ball once against the Falcons for four yards and returned one punt ... carried the ball twice for 31 yards against Western Kentucky ... sat out the Rutgers game with an injury ... rushed for 49 yards on four carries that included a 24-yard touchdown run at Temple ... it was his third career rushing touchdown in as many games ... also returned a pair of punts against the Owls ... carried the ball six times for 30 yards and scored a one-yard TD against No. 5 Ohio State in the opener.
• 2013: A starter in three of the 12 games in which he played, he finished the year with 340 yards on 42 carries (8.1 ypc) and one touchdown and was one of the Mids’ top receivers (tied for first with Casey Bolena) with 13 catches for 223 yards (17.2 ypc) and a touchdown ... member of Navy’s offensive unit that finished the year ranked No. 1 naionally in turnovers lost (10), No. 2 in rushing offense (325.4), No. 6 in passing yards per completion (15.09), No. 6 in third down conversion (51.1), 11th in fourth down conversions (67.9) and 12th in turnover margin (+0.9) ... Navy rushed for 366 yards on 67 attempts against Middle Tennessee in the Bell Helicopter Armed Force Bowl, marking the sixth straight game the Mids topped the 300-yard rushing milestone ... it’s the first time Navy has accomplished the feat since 2007 ... rushed for 53 yards on five carries against the Blue Raiders and scored his first collegiate rushing touchdown, a career-long 41-yard run ...also caught a six-yard pass ... helped pave the way for QB Keenan Reynolds to score touchdown runs of 47 (2:38, 2Qtr), 11 (6:22, 4Qtr) and 1 yards (0:46, 4Qtr) against Army and in doing so set the NCAA record for single-season rushing TDs by a quarterback ... Navy’s 34 points are the most it has scored against Army since defeating the Black Knights 34-0 in 2008 ... the 343 yards rushing by the Mids are the most in an Army-Navy game since 2008 (368) ... made the start against Army where he carried the ball twice for 13 yards and caught a six-yard pass ... member of the Mids’ offense that rushed for 432 yards on 62 carries and scored a season-high 58 points in a triple overtime win at San Jose State ... the 432 yards are the second most by the Mids on the ground this season ... it paved the way for Keenan Reynolds to rush for an NCAA record seven touchdowns (most for a QB) and throw for another which set a Navy record for most touchdowns responsible for ... rushed for 36 yards on six carries at San Jose State ... part of an offense that eclipsed the 500-yard total offense mark for the third time this season when the Mids posted 519 yards in their win over South Alabama to become bowl eligible ... 42-point output against the Jaguars marked the fifth time this season Navy has scored 40-plus points ... carried the ball once for nine yards and caught a 17-yard pass in Navy’s victory over South Alabama ... Navy’s offense opened the way for QB Keenan Reynolds to rush for a career-high 226 yards on 28 carries against Hawai’i, becoming only the seventh quarterback in school history to rush for 200 yards ... it’s the third most by a Navy QB in program history ... meanwhile, he rushed for a career-best four touchdowns which are tied for the third most in Navy history ... carried the ball once for eight yards and caught an 18-yard pass in the Mids’ win over Hawai’i ... part of an offensive unit that posted 28 first downs against Notre Dame which are the most by the Mids in series history ... the offense also gained 331 yards on the ground which were the most against Notre Dame since the 2010 contest (367) ... carried the ball once for 13 yards at Notre Dame ... sat out the Pitt game with a concussion suffered against Toledo ... part of a Navy offense that set a school record for number of offensive plays with 106 against Toledo (was 105 vs. Air Force in 2011) and rush attempts with 93 (was 80 vs. Rice in 2009 and Air Force in 2011) ... with 35 first downs against the Rockets, the Mids were just one first down shy of tying the school record ... rushed for 51 yards on nine carries and caught two passes for 23 yards at Toledo ... carried the ball four times for 27 yards and caught three passes for 55 yards, including a 27-yarder, at Duke ... made his first collegiate start in the Mids’ loss to the Blue Devils ... part of an offensive unit that scored 21 consecutive points to lead the Mids to their most lop-sided victory over Air Force since 1978 (37-8) ... carried the ball three times for 39 yards against the Falcons and caught one pass for 12 yards ... the Mids had 515 yards (444R, 71P) in its season-opening win over Indiana and 589 yards (352R, 237P) in its win over Delaware ... it’s the first time Navy has put together back-to-back 500-plus yards on total offense since 2007 (Ball State 540, Duke 540) ... the 589 yards of total offense against Indiana are the most by the Mids since Nov. 6, 2010, when they produced 596 yards (521R, 75P) in a 76-35 win over East Carolina ... Navy’s 237 yards passing are the most since throwing for 248 yards against Stanford on Sept. 10, 2005 ... rushed for 18 yards on two carries and a career-best 86 yards on three receptions in Navy’s win over Delaware ... caught his first collegiate pass (13:46, 2Qtr), an 11-yarder to set up a seven-yard touchdown run by fellow slot back Geoffrey Whiteside on the ensuing play ... caught a 63-yard TD pass from Keenan Reynolds (8:26, 2Qtr), his first collegiate TD, against the Blue Hens ... made his collegiate debut against Indiana where he carried the ball five times for 68 yards.
• 2012: Did not see any varsity action.
• High School / Personal: A 2011 graduate of Leflore County High School, Sanders attended the Naval Academy Prep School during the 2011-12 academic year ... a four-sport standout who earned letters in basketball (4), baseball (3), football (3) and track & field (3) ... an All-State (Miss.) football performer as a sophomore, he was a three-time all-district selection ... named the district MVP his junior year ... selected to play in the North/South All-Star Game his senior year ... also took a recruiting visit to Mississippi Valley State ... member of the National Honor Society ... son of Steven Harris and Carrie Sanders ... majoring in quantitative economics ... earned a 3.0 grade point average last semester.