By Gary Lambrecht
Eighteen seniors will be commissioned 2nd Lieutenants in the United States Marine Corps, while 13 will be Ensigns in the United States Navy
Navy will recognize its 31 senior members prior to Saturday's AAC contest against Tulsa.
Junior kicker from Hilo, Hawai'i
Meet sophomore kicker DJ Grant-Johnson from Hilo, Hawai'i
Navy-Tulsa Football 11-12-16
• At Navy: Enters the fall listed as the starter at place kicker and on kickoffs ... has a strong leg ... coming off a great spring.
• 2015: Did not see any varsity action.
• 2014: Did not see any varsity action.
• 2013: Did not see any varsity action.
• High School / Personal: A 2012 graduate of Kamehameha Hawai’i High School, Grant-Johnson attended the Naval Academy Prep School during the 2012-13 academic year ... a three-sport athlete who earned letters in football (3), soccer (3) and volleyball (2) ... a two-time (2011-12) All-State (Hawai’i), all-region and all-area selection in football ... earned All-BIIF recognition in football his junior year ... member of the undefeated (11-0) BIIF Championship football team in 2011 ... an all-area and All-Island selection in volleyball in 2012 ... member of the state runner-up and BIIF Championship volleyball team in 2012 ... volunteers his time to the Special Olympics and Muscular Dystrophy Association ... son of Daniel and Cherie Grant-Johnson ... father has a rare form of muscular dystrophy and has been a quadriplegic since his early teens ... he has been the president of disability rights Hawaii for over 20 years ... majoring in history.