Junior kicker from Hilo, Hawai'i
Meet sophomore kicker DJ Grant-Johnson from Hilo, Hawai'i
• At Navy: Enters the fall listed as the starter at place kicker and on kickoffs ... has a strong leg ... coming off a great spring.
• 2015: Did not see any varsity action.
• 2014: Did not see any varsity action.
• 2013: Did not see any varsity action.
• High School / Personal: A 2012 graduate of Kamehameha Hawai’i High School, Grant-Johnson attended the Naval Academy Prep School during the 2012-13 academic year ... a three-sport athlete who earned letters in football (3), soccer (3) and volleyball (2) ... a two-time (2011-12) All-State (Hawai’i), all-region and all-area selection in football ... earned All-BIIF recognition in football his junior year ... member of the undefeated (11-0) BIIF Championship football team in 2011 ... an all-area and All-Island selection in volleyball in 2012 ... member of the state runner-up and BIIF Championship volleyball team in 2012 ... volunteers his time to the Special Olympics and Muscular Dystrophy Association ... son of Daniel and Cherie Grant-Johnson ... father has a rare form of muscular dystrophy and has been a quadriplegic since his early teens ... he has been the president of disability rights Hawaii for over 20 years ... majoring in history.