Navy will honor its 34 seniors in a pregame ceremony.
By Gary Lambrecht
Mids honored for performance against Air Force
Navy (5-0) and Memphis (4-1) are a combined 9-1 this season.
By Gary Lambrecht
Check out the USATSI photo gallery from the Navy Football game against Air Force.
Navy-LA Tech Football 12-23-16
Army-Navy Football 12-10-16
Navy-Temple Football 12-3-16
Navy-Memphis Football 10-22
• At Navy: Elected co-captain by his teammates, one of the highest honors a Navy football player can receive ... enters the fall as a starter at outside linebacker ... has been one of Navy’s top players on defense in each of the last two seasons ... talented player that can drop into coverage or rush the passer ... also tough against the run ... has good speed and is tough at the point of attack ... has earned three varsity letters.
• 2016: A starter in 12 of the 13 games in which he played ... sat out the East Carolina game with an injury ... was the team’s fourth-leading tackler with 56 while leading the team in both sacks (6.0) and tackles for loss (11.5) ... also broke up four passes, was in on two QB hurries, forced a fumble and blocked a kick ... recorded three tackles, including a sack against LA Tech in the Armed Forces Bowl ... posted six tackles against Army ... turned in a pair of tackles, including a tackle for loss and broke up a pass against Temple in the AAC Championship Game ... returned to the field at SMU where he made four solo stops, including a tackle for loss, while also being credited for a pass breakup and quarterback hurry ... recorded five tackles, including a half a tackle for loss against Tulsa ... chipped in four stops in the Notre Dame win ... produced four tackles at USF ... contributed six tackles, including a career-high three tackles for a loss and a career-high tying pair of tackles against Memphis ... part of a defensive unit that caused three Houston turnovers (2 INT, 1 Fumble) that in turn led to 17 points for the Mids ... turned in six tackles, including a tackle for a loss of two yards in Navy’s victory over #6 Houston ... also broke up a pass ... blocked the extra-point on Houston’s fourth TD of the afternoon ... it marked the first extra-point blocked by the Mids since Chase Burge blocked an Arkansas State PAT on 11-20-10 ... contributed three tackles and broke up a pass at Air Force ... played a sensational game at Tulane where he posted a season-high seven tackles, while registering a career-high two tackles for loss and two sacks ... his second sack of the day sealed the fate of Tulane on the Green Wave’s final play of their final drive ... also forced a fumble in the contest ... part of a defensive effort that held Fordham to three field goals on the Rams’ three trips to the red zone ... turned in six tackles, including a career-high tying 2.0 tackles for loss and a sack.
• 2015: A starter at the raider position in all 13 contests ... closed out the year with 36 tackles, including 5.0 tackles for loss and two sacks ... also recovered two fumbles and broke up a pass ... pitched in a pair of tackles in Navy’s Military Bowl win over Pitt ... recorded three tackles, including 2.0 tackles for a loss and a sack, in the Mids’ win over Army West Point ... pitched in four tackles at Houston ... recorded two tackles, including a half a sack against SMU ... part of a defensive unit that held #15 Memphis to a season-low 20 points and snapped the Tigers’ 15-game winning streak which was the third longest in the country ... turned in seven tackles against the Tigers ... turned in two tackles for a loss of five yards in the win over USF ... recovered a fumble and contributed a tackle against Tulane ... registered a career-high eight tackles, including a half a sack at Notre Dame ... part of a defensive unit that held Air Force scoreless in the opening half and held the Falcons to their fewest yards of total offense (277) since 2009 (240) ... held the Falcons to just 11 points, their lowest scoring out put since Notre Dame defeated them 45-10 on Oct. 26, 2013 ... posted two tackles in the win over Air Force and recovered a fumble, the first of his career ... tallied an assisted tackle at UConn ... member of the Mids’ defensive unit that combined for five sacks against the Huskies which are the most by a Navy team since 2006 against Temple (6) ... pitched in a pair of tackles, broke up a pass in Navy’s win over East Carolina ... made his first collegiate start in the Mids’ opener against Colgate where he contributed a pair of tackles.
• 2014: Made appearances in five of the last seven contacts, including making his collegiate debut in the Mids’ win over VMI ... finished the year with seven tackles ... contributed a career-high three tackles at South Alabama ... turned in a pair of tackles against Notre Dame ... recorded the first two tackles of his career in the win over San Jose State ... part of a defensive unit that surrendered one touchdown to VMI which was scored with 14 seconds left in the game.
• High School / Personal: A 2014 graduate of Christian Brothers High School, Palmore was a three-sport athlete who earned letters in football (3), track & field (2) and wrestling (3) ... earned First-Team All-State (Tenn.), all-district and all-city honors as a senior ... selected to play in the Liberty Bowl All-Star Game his senior year ... paced the team with 249 tackles over his career, while posting 21 sacks, 2 interceptions and 6 fumble recoveries as a three-year starter ... served as football team captain his junior and senior years ... won the 2014 Div. 2 state heavyweight wrestling crown and was a two-time state duals champion ... also won the Div. 2 region title in the shot put his senior year and finished as the state runner-up ... also considered Air Force, Wofford and UT-Martin ... son of Darren and Terri Palmore ... majoring in economics ... earned a 3.20 grade point avarage in the spring.