To be eligible for the honor the nominee must have attained a minimum grade point average of 3.00 for the entire academic year.
Comprised of college football played who maintained a cumulative grade point average of 3.2 or better while also being a starter or a significant contributor.
Fifteen seniors will be commissioned 2nd Lieutenants in the United States Marine Corps (11 ground, four pilot), while 17 will be Ensigns in the United States Navy (eight surface warfare, two pilot, two flight officers, three submarines, one special warfare and one information warfare).
Senior defensive end from Port Matilda, Pa.
Senior safety from Antioch, Tenn.
• At Navy: Enters the fall battling for playing time at outside linebacker after moving there from defensive end in the spring ... could also see time on special teams ... came to Navy as a walk-on ... has good athleticism and strength ... has the quickness to be a pass rusher ... has earned one varsity letter.
• 2014: Saw action in just two games (VMI and Georgia Southern) ... recorded one tackle ... was injured the majority of the year.
• 2013: Saw action in each of the last nine contests as a member of special teams ... made his first collegiate appearance in Navy's loss at Duke where he was a member of the Mids' field goal unit.
• 2012: Did not see any varsity action
• High School / Personal: A 2012 graduate of State College Area High School, Gordeuk lettered in both football and track & field ... member of track & field teams that won the indoor title in 2012 and outdoor crowns in 2011 and `12 ... the outdoor track & field team also claimed district titles in 2010, `11 and `12 ... son of the late Daniel Gordeuk and Diane Gordeuk ... majoring in systems engineering ... has a 3.21 grade point average.