To be eligible for the honor the nominee must have attained a minimum grade point average of 3.00 for the entire academic year.
Fifteen seniors will be commissioned 2nd Lieutenants in the United States Marine Corps (11 ground, four pilot), while 17 will be Ensigns in the United States Navy (eight surface warfare, two pilot, two flight officers, three submarines, one special warfare and one information warfare).
Senior linebacker from Plymouth, MIch.
Senior wide receiver from Brandenburg, Ky.
Jernigan enters the fall as Navy's starting punter
• At Navy: Enters the fall battling for playing time at linebacker ... has been a key player on Navy's scout team the last three seasons ... has a great attitude and is a hard worker.
• 2014: Did not see any varsity action.
• 2013: Did not see any varsity action.
• 2012: Did not see any varsity action.
• High School / Personal: A 2012 graduate of Boyle County High School, Hester lettered three years in football and basketball ... garnered First-Team All-State (Ky.) honors in football his senior year and was named the regional player of the year ... was a Second-Team All-State selection his junior year ... a three-time all-area selection ... served as team captain of the football team his senior year ... led Boyle County to the 2009 and 2010 Kentucky 4A State Championship crowns ... also took recruiting visits to Arkansas, Kentucky, Miami (Ohio), Tennessee and Western Kentucky ... father played football at Morehead State ... son of Jeff and Jamie Hester ... majoring in history ... has a 3.34 grade point average ... has gotten over a 3.0 GPA every semester.