Navy will honor its 34 seniors in a pregame ceremony.
By T.C. Cameron for NavySports.com
By Gary Lambrecht
Senior nose guard from Phoenix, Ariz.
Senior outside linebacker from Memphis, Tenn.
• At Navy: Enters the fall third on the depth chart at slot back ... is the fastest player on the team ... had a great spring and is expected to contribute in the fall ... will also be a threat for the Mids on special teams.
• 2016: Saw action in four contests, including three of the last five games ... carried the ball five times for 59 yards and a TD on the year ... returned his first collegiate kick 19 yards in the Army game ... carried the ball twice for 49 yards, including a career-long run of 43 yards at SMU ... scored his first collegiate touchdown on a two-yard carry at East Carolina ... rushed for 11 yards on a pair of carries against the Pirates ... made his collegiate debut against Fordham in the opener where he carried the ball once.
• 2015: MIssed all of the season with a foot injury.
• 2014: Did not see any varsity action.
• High School / Personal: A 2014 graduate of Terry Sanford High School, Daniel was a two sport standout who earned letters in football (3) and track & field (4) ... named first-team all-conference and first-team all-region in football his senior year ... rushed for 1,594 yards and scored 15 touchdowns as a senior ... earned second-team all-conference honors as a junior ... a 2014 New Balance All-American, he was one of the top track prospects in the country ... a four-time first-team All-State (N.C.) and all-conference sprinter who also garnered first-team all-region honors as a senior ... won nine individual state track titles in multiple events - 2012 (55m, 100m), 2013 (55m, 100m, 200m) and 2014 (55m, 100m, 200m, 300m) ... helped guide his track & field team to the 2014 North Carolina 3-A State Championship, the program’s first outdoor title since 1976 ... he is only the fourth male athlete in NCHSAA history to claim three championships in the 100 meter dash ... served as team captain of the football and track & field teams his senior year ... member of the National Honor Society ... high school teammate of current Navy Navy football seniors outside linebacker Myles Davenport and slot back Darryl Bonner ... son of Robert and Yvonne Daniel ... majoring in political science.