Senior outside linebacker from Durham, N.C.
Jernigan enters the fall as Navy's starting punter
Five members of the football team and eight members of the women's basketball team took part
Navy Football Team To Sign Autographs At The Army-Navy Basketball DH; Football Team To Be Honored At Halftime Of The Men's Game
Tickets Still Available!
Navy holds a 1-1-1 record in bowl games against teams currently in the Pac-12.
• At Navy: Enters the fall as Navy's starting punter ... has been the back-up to Pablo Beltran the last three years ... good athlete ... was Navy's most consistent punter in the spring ... is also Navy's back-up holder and is second on the depth on kickoffs behind Austin Grebe.
• 2014: Made his collegiate debut in Navy's win over VMI ... his lone punt in that game went 56 yards ... kicked off once against Georgia Southern.
• 2013: Did not see any varsity action.
• 2012: Did not see any varsity action.
• High School / Personal: A 2012 graduate of Mira Costa High School, Jernigan lettered twice in football and soccer ... member of the football team that claimed the 2010 Bay League Championship ... received scholar-athlete awards in football and soccer all four years of high school ... son of David Jernigan and Margaret La Bouff ... has a double major in political science (honors) and economics ... has earned a 3.61 grade point average, including a 4.0 in each of the last two spring semesters.