By Gary Lambrecht
Tillman hails from Las Vegas, Nev.
Senior defensive end from Port Matilda, Pa.
Senior cornerback from San Antonio, Texas
Sophomore center from Nashville, Tenn.
2015 Navy-Air Force Football
Army vs. Navy FB 12-13-14
Navy vs. Notre Dame FB 11-1-14
Navy vs. Rutgers FB 9-20-14
Navy at Temple 9-6-14
• At Navy: Enters the fall listed as the starter at right tackle ... has started 16 consecutive games at that spot ... has great size ... has a solid base and good feet ... tenacious competitor ... has earned two varsity letters.
• 2014: A starter in each of the last 16 games, he is part of an offensive unit that ended the year ranked No. 1 nationally in fewest penalties per game (2.54), fewest penalty yards per game (24.77), No. 2 in rushing offense (338.1), No. 2 in passing yards per completion (17.06), No. 6 in fewest passes intercepted (5), No. 11 in third down conversion (.481), No. 33 in tackles for loss allowed (5.00), No. 34 in fourth down conversion (.583) and No. 36 in red zone offense (.873) ... the line was instrumental in paving the way for the Mids to rush for over 300 yards in 15 of their last 19 games which included a school-record nine in a row (Notre Dame 2013 - Texas State 2014) ... meanwhile it allowed for quarterback Keenan Reynolds to become the NCAA record holder for most rushing TDs by a QB over a career and tied for fourth among all positions with 64 ... the line allowed the Mids to rush for 388 yards at South Alabama, its fifth consecutive game with over 300 yards rushing, and six rushing touchdowns ... among those six were three by Keenan Reynolds who broke the NCAA record for career rushing touchdowns (61) and also broke the record for most three-touchdown performances (12) ... the line helped pave the way for Reynolds to score six rushing touchdowns against Georgia Southern, breaking the Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium record set in 2009 by Ricky Dobbs (5) ... the six rushing TDs are tied as the second most in program history ... Reynolds also ran for a career-best 277 yards which is the fourth-best single-game rushing mark in Navy history and the most by a Navy quarterback in program history ... the 39 points by Navy against Notre Dame were the most points scored in a regulation game against the Irish and the second most all-time ... the Mids' 454 yards of total offense (336 rush, 118 pass) are the most by Navy in the series since 1972 (459 yds) ... the 336 yards rushing by Navy were the most yards on the ground allowed by Notre Dame this season, as were the 60 rushing plays ... the offensive line allowed the Mids to rush for 423 yards against San Jose State, Navy's third 400-yard rushing game of the season and the 27th-best rushing performance in program history ... Reynolds also ran for three touchdowns to break the Navy record for career touchdowns ... Navy topped the 400-yard rushing mark for the second time with 412 yards against Western Kentucky and featured two 100-yard rushers (Reynolds 121, Noah Copeland 104) for the first time since the 2013 season opener against Indiana ... helped pave the way for Navy to amass 517 yards of total offense (487 rush, 30 pass) at Temple ... the 487 yards rushing marked the best ground gain by the Mids since they rushed for 512 yards against East Carolina in 2012 and it's the 11th-best rushing game in program history.
• 2013: Played in all 13 contests which featured starts in each of the last three games ... primarily a member of special teams early in the season, he emerged as a starter against San Jose State ... member of Navy's offensive unit that finished the year ranked No. 1 nationally in turnovers lost (10), No. 2 in rushing offense (325.4), No. 3 in tackles for loss allowed (3.62), No. 6 in passing yards per completion (15.09), No. 6 in third down conversion (51.1) and 11th in fourth down conversions (67.9) ... Navy rushed for 366 yards on 67 attempts against Middle Tennessee in the Bell Helicopter Armed Force Bowl, marking the sixth straight game the Mids topped the 300-yard rushing milestone ... it's the first time Navy has accomplished the feat since 2007 ... helped pave the way for QB Keenan Reynolds to score touchdown runs of 47 (2:38, 2Qtr), 11 (6:22, 4Qtr) and 1 yards (0:46, 4Qtr) against Army and in doing so set the NCAA record for single-season rushing TDs by a quarterback ... the record was previously set in 2009 by Navy's Ricky Dobbs with 27 and later matched in 2011 by Kansas State's Collin Klein ... additionally, Reynolds broke the school record for single-season points thanks to his 20-point effort against the Black Knights which included being on the receiving end of a two-point conversaion ... the previous record of 174 points was set in 1917 by Bill Ingram ... Navy's 34 points are the most it has scored against Army since defeating the Black Knights 34-0 in 2008 ... the 343 yards rushing by the Mids are the most in an Army-Navy game since 2008 (368) ... member of the Mids' offense that rushed for 432 yards on 62 carries and scored a season-high 58 points in a triple overtime win at San Jose State ... the 432 yards are the second most by the Mids on the ground this season ... it also marked the fourth consecutive game in which the Mids have topped the 300-yard mark, the longest stretch since 2007 ... it paved the way for Keenan Reynolds to rush for an NCAA record seven touchdowns (most for a QB) and throw for another which set a Navy record for most touchdowns responsible for ... made his collegiate debut against Indiana as a member of the PAT/field goal team.
• 2012: Did not see any varsity action.
• High School / Personal: A 2011 graduate of Knoxville Catholic High School, Gaston attended the Naval Academy Prep School during the 2011-12 academic year ... a three-year football letterwinner who earned All-State (Tenn.) honors as a senior ... member of the football team that claimed the 2008 state title behind a 15-0 record ... son of Michael and Lisa Gaston ... majoring in American politics and law.