Navy owns an 8-1 record in home openers under head coach Ken Niumatalolo
By Associated Press
Junior slot back from Decatur, Ala.
Senior slot back and co-captain
Junior slot back from Fayetteville, N.C.
• At Navy: Enters the fall running even with Bryan Hammond for third on the depth chart at fullback ... is moving from slot back to fullback ... missed most of spring due to an injury... expected to push for playing time in the fall... has put on 12 pounds since the end of last season ... has excellent speed ... has earned two varsity letters.
• 2016: Played in five contests before suffering a season-ending shoulder injury against Tulsa ... carried the ball once for two yards against Tulsa ... gained on yard on his lone rush at Tulane ... carried the ball once for a two-yard gain in the Mids’ opener against Fordham.
• 2015: A member of special teams, he saw action in 12 contests ... was in on four stops ... carried the ball twice for 23 yards and a touchdown ... recorded three solo stops on special teams against Army West Point ... chipped in a special teams tackle at Tulsa ... scored his first career rushing touchdown on his lone touch of the SMU game and just his second collegiate carry ... made his collegiate debut in the Mids’ win over Colgate in the opener where he carried the ball once for a 15-yard gain.
• 2014: Did not see any varsity action.
• High School / Personal: A 2013 graduate of Austin High School, Walker attended the Naval Academy Prep School during the 2013-14 academic year ... a two-sport standout who earned letters in basketball and football ... an All-State (Ala.) football selection his senior year ... served as football team captain as a junior and senior ... member of the National Honor Society ... son of Alfred and Jacqueline Walker ... majoring in economics.