By T.C. Cameron
By T.C. Cameron
By T.C. Cameron for NavySports.com
Navy (5-0) and Memphis (4-1) are a combined 9-1 this season.
Navy owns an 8-1 record in home openers under head coach Ken Niumatalolo
2016 Major Athletic Award Winners
Navy vs. Pitt - Military Bowl
Army-Navy Football 2015
No. 16 Navy loses to Houston 52-31 (USATSI)
• Owns a 21-11 (.656) record as Navy's starting quarterback (10-2 at home, 11-9 in road and neutral site games), posting a 6-2 record as a freshman (`12), a 9-4 mark as a sophomore (`13) and a 6-5 (.545) record this season.
• Reynolds is 5-1 (.833) in Service Academy games (one of his four service academy wins was off the bench in a relief role and is not figured into his record as a starter).
• Reynolds owns wins over Central Michigan, Indiana (2x), East Carolina, Florida Atlantic, Texas State, Delaware, Army (3x), Air Force, Pitt, Hawai'i, South Alabama (2x), San Jose State (2x), Middle Tennessee, Temple and Georgia Southern.
• His losses have come at the hands of Troy, Arizona State, Western Kentucky (2x), Duke, Toledo, Notre Dame (2X), Ohio State, Rutgers and Air Force.
• He is just the fourth player in NCAA history to rush for 30 or more touchdowns in a season (did it in 2013) and just the seventh player in NCAA history to score 30 or more touchdowns in a season.
• His 64 career touchdowns are the most in school history and the most by a quarterback in NCAA history.
• The 64 career rushing touchdowns are tied for the fourth most in NCAA history among all players. He is eight behind Ricky Williams of Texas for third, nine behind Travis Prentice of Miami of Ohio for second and 13 behind Wisconsin's Montee Ball for first.
• He has scored three or more touchdowns an NCAA-record 12 times in his career (did it twice as a freshman, seven times as a sophomore and three times as a junior).
• His 3,186 career rushing yards are the third most in school history. He trails second-place Chris McCoy by 215 yards.
• His 3,186 career rushing yards are the 17th most in NCAA history among QBs. He trails 16th-place Freddie Solomon by 113 yards and Army's Trent Steelman by 134 yards for 14th.
• Reynolds has led Navy to six fourth-quarter (or overtime) game-winning drives in his career (Air Force, Indiana and Army in 2012; Pitt and San Jose State in 2013 and San Diego State in 2014), which is tied with Braxton Miller of Ohio State for the most in the country among active players.
• He had at least one rushing touchdown in 14-consecutive games, which is a school record for consecutive games scoring a touchdown. The touchdown streak was snapped by Notre Dame (11/1/14)
• His 712 career rushing attempts rank second all-time at Navy. He is 197 career carries behind Napoleon McCallum for first on the list.
• His 386 career points are the most by a quarterback in NCAA history.
• His 386 career points are the ninth most in NCAA history among all non-kickers. He trails eighth-place DeMarco Murray of Oklahoma by four points and seventh-place Anthony Thompson of Indiana for seventh place.
• He has been responsible for a school-record 524 points over his career (64 rushing TDs, 23 passing TDs, one two-point conversion).
• He has the first, fourth, fifth and sixth-most rushing yards by a quarterback in a game in school history, rushing for 277 yards vs. Georgia Southern in 2014, 251 yards against San Jose State in 2014, 240 yards against San Jose State in 2013 and 226 against Hawai'i in 2013.
• He and Chris McCoy are the only two players in school history to rush for more than 200 yards in a game twice in the same season in two different years.
• His 14 career 100-yard rushing games are tied with Ohio State's Braxton Miller for the most among active quarterbacks.
• He is just the third player in school history to have at least four 200-yard rushing days in a career, joining McCoy (five) and McCallum (four). His four 200-yard games are tied for the most in the country among active players with James Connor of Pitt. Ezekial Elliott of Ohio State has three.
• He has thrown just seven interceptions in 347 attempts for his career for an interception percentage of .020, which is the best in program history.
• He is averaging 8.0 passing yards per attempt for his career (2,788 yds on 347 att.), which is the fifth-best average in school history.
• Reynolds is tied with Jim Kubiak for fourth in school history for career touchdown passes with 23. He trails third-place John Cartwright by two, second-place Bob Leszczynski by three and current Commandant of Midshipmen Bill Byrne by six for first.
• Despite missing two games this year due to injury, his 23 rushing touchdowns were the fifth most in the country and the most by a quarterback.
• Reynolds averaged 12.5 points per game in 2014, the third best scoring average in the country.
• His 23 rushing touchdowns in 2014 are the third most in school history for a single season and is tied for the fourth most in NCAA history by a quarterback.
• He was responsible for 174 points in 2014 (23 rushing TDs, 6 passing TDs), which is tied for the fourth most in school history.
• He has thrown just seven interceptions in 328 attempts for his career for an interception percentage of .021, which is the best in program history.
• He is averaging 8.1 passing yards per attempt for his career (2,662 yards on 328 attempts), which is the fifth-best average in school history.
• Reynolds is fifth all-time in school history for touchdown passes with 22. He trails Jim Kubiak for fourth on the list by just one.
• Reynolds scored 31 rushing touchdowns in 2013, which are the most by a quarterback in NCAA history for a season and the most by a Navy player (any position) in school history.
• He is just the fourth player in NCAA history to rush for 30 or more touchdowns in a season and just the seventh player in NCAA history to score 30 or more touchdowns in a season.
• He finished the 2013 campaign ranked No. 1 in the country in scoring per game (14.7), tied for first in rushing touchdowns (31) and tied for 11th in points responsible for per game (18.2).
• His 1,346 rushing yards in 2013 were the 14th most by a quarterback in NCAA history and rank third at Navy for a season, trailing Napoleon McCallum and Chris McCoy.
• His 2,403 yards of total offense in 2013 (1,346 rushing, 1,057 passing) rank fourth all-time at Navy for a season.
• His 300 rushing attempts in 2013 rank as the third most in school history behind Napoleon McCallum (331 in 1983) and Ricky Dobbs (315 in 2009), while his 428 total offensive plays also stand third all-time behind Jim Kubiak in 1994 (462) and 1993 (450).
• His seven rushing touchdowns in 2013 against San Jose State set an NCAA record for rushing touchdowns by a quarterback and tied an NCAA record for most touchdowns scored against an FBS opponent by any position. Reynolds also set a school record for most points scored in a game and most touchdowns scored.
• He scored three or more touchdowns in seven games in 2013 which was one game shy of the NCAA record set by Barry Sanders in 1988 and equalled by Kapri Bibbs of Colorado State last year.
• He scored a school-record 188 points in 2013. The record had previously been set by Bill Ingram in 1917 with 174. The 188 points were the fourth most in NCAA history by a player at any position.
• Reynolds was responsible for a school-record 236 points in 2013 (31 rushing TDs, 8 passing TDs, 1 two-point conversion). The previous record was 198 set by Ricky Dobbs in 2009.
• Reynolds rushed for 1,260 yards and threw for 1,038 yards in 2013 to become only the fourth quarterback in school history to rush AND pass for 1,000 yards in a season. The other players to accomplish this feat are Ricky Dobbs (2009), Craig Candeto (2003) and Chris McCoy (1997).
• He was named the 2014 winner of the Naval Academy Athletic Association's Thompson Cup, which is presented to that midshipman, male or female, who has done the most during the year to promote athletics at the Naval Academy. Reynolds is just the third sophomore to win the Thompson Cup in the 127-year history of the award and the first sophomore since Roger Staubach, who won the award in 1963. Following the 2013 season, Reynolds was named the Washington DC Touchdown Club Metro Area Player of the Year and the Columbus (Ohio) Touchdown Club Male Athlete of the Year.
• In 2012, he became the first Navy quarterback to win his first four career starts since senior Bob Powers, who won his first six career starts in 1979. He became the first freshman to start at quarterback for Navy since Jim Kubiak started five games in 1991, when he guided the Midshipmen to a 31-13 victory over Central Michigan.
• He was just the third freshman in program history to start at quarterback, joining Kubiak and Alton Grizzard, who started seven games at quarterback in 1987.
• Against Army as a freshman, he led Navy on a fourth quarter seven-play, 80-yard drive that he capped himself with an eight-yard touchdown run to give Navy a 17-13 victory. Reynolds was held to 43 yards rushing, but scored the game-winning touchdown and completed 10 of 17 passes for 130 yards. He became the first player in series history to be named the game's MVP as a freshman.
• At Navy: Enters the spring as the starter at quarterback ... was voted as team co-captain for the 2015 season along with Bernard Sarra ... will go down as one of the best players in school history ... was ranked by NFL.com as the second-toughest player in the country and the fourth-smartest player in the country last fall ... has the rare ability to make plays with both his feet and arm ... exceptional leader ... appeared on the watch list for the Maxwell Award, Davey O'Brien Award, the Manning Award and the Walter Camp Player of the Year Award last fall ... was named to the Preseason All-AAC third team by Phil Steele ... has earned three varsity letters.
• 2014: Garnered First-Team FBS All-Independent honors, was an All-Independent selection by Phil Steele and received All East recognition ... named the FBS Independent Offensive Player of the Year ... anchored an offense that has rushed for over 300 yards in 15 of their last 19 games which included a school-record nine in a row (Notre Dame 2013 - Texas State 2014) ... part of an offensive unit that ended the year ranked No. 1 nationally in fewest penalties per game (2.54), fewest penalty yards per game (24.77), No. 2 in rushing offense (338.1), No. 2 in passing yards per completion (17.06), No. 6 in fewest passes intercepted (5), No. 11 in third down conversion (.481), No. 36 in red zone offense (.873) and No. 39 in fourth down conversion (.565) ... led the team in rushing with 1191 yards on 250 carries (4.8 yds / carry) and scored 23 touchdowns ... the 23 touchdowns ties as the fourth most by a quarterback in NCAA history ... the 23 touchdowns were the fifth most scored in the NCAA FBS this season at any position and the most by a quarterback ... it's the third-most touchdowns scored in a season at Navy ... completed 52 of his 111 passes (.468) for 843 yards and six touchdowns, while throwing just three interceptions ... Navy's leading scorer with 138 points ... named the Poinsettia Bowl Offensive Most Valuable Player after scoring both of Navy's touchdowns in the win over San Diego State ... paced the Mids with his 14th career 100-yard rushing game with 100 yards on 26 carries to lead Navy to its 13th straight win over Army ... the 14 career 100-yard rushing days is tied as the most among active FBS quarterbacks, alongside Ohio State's Braxton Miller ... his 9-yard TD pass to Jamir Tillman was his 23rd career passing touchdown ... he is now tied for fourth on the Mids' career touchdown passes list alongside Jim Kubiak (1991-94) ... with 3 touchdowns at South Alabama, he became the NCAA record holder for most rushing touchdowns in a career by a quarterback ... additionally, he became the NCAA record holder for most 3-touchdown days with 12 ... he led the Mids' rushing attack at South Alabama with 119 yards on 10 carries, reaching 100 yards for the 13th time in his career and the fifth time this season ... with his 119 yards, he topped the 1,000-yard rushing mark for the season and 3,000-yard rushing milestone for his career ... he (119) and fullback Noah Copeland (112) both rushed for over 100 yards, marking the second time this season (Western Kentucky) the pair has teamed up to do so ... his 67-yard touchdown run against the Jags was the longest touchdown run of the season by the Mids and matched the longest run of the season (Ryan Williams-Jenkins vs. Ohio State) ... named ESPN.com's Impact Performer of the Week, the National Quarterback of the Week by The College Football Performance Awards, one of eight Stars of the Week by the Manning Award and the FBS Independent Offensive Player of the Week following his performance against Georgia Southern ... carried the ball 30 times for 277 yards and six touchdowns, while completing five of his eight passes for 71 yards and a touchdown ... he broke the Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium record for rushing TDs, previously held by Ricky Dobbs with five ... it ties as the second-most rushing TDs in a game, as well as the second-most TDs overall in program history ... it was the third time in his career he has scored four or more rushing touchdowns in a game ... the 277 yards are tied as the fourth most in a game by a Navy player and the most since Shun White set the school record with 348 against Towson in 2008 ... meanwhile, it's the most single-game rushing yards by a Navy quarterback in a school history, bettering Chris McCoy's record of 273 against SMU in 1995 ... rushed for 47 yards on 18 carries and threw for 118 yards and two touchdowns on 6 of 15 passing against Notre Dame ... also connected with Geoffrey Whiteside for a two-point conversion, Navy's first since the 2013 Army-Navy game when Brendan Dudeck completed his pass to Reynolds ... his nation's-best 14-game consecutive games streak with a rushing touchdown was snapped by the Irish ... the 39 points by Navy against Notre Dame were the most points scored in a regulation game against the Irish and the second most all-time ... the Mids' 454 yards of total offense (336 rush, 118 pass) are the most by Navy in the series since 1972 (459 yds) ... the 336 yards rushing by Navy were the most yards on the ground allowed by Notre Dame this season, as were the 60 rushing plays ... part of an offense that rushed for 423 yards against San Jose State, Navy's third 400-yard rushing game of the season and the 27th-best rushing performance in program history ... named the FBS Independent Offensive Player of the Week, ECAC Offensive Player of the Week and named one of the "Stars of the Week" by the Manning Award for his performance against San Jose State ... accounted for 251 of the 423 rushing yards ... also ran for three touchdowns to break the Navy record for career touchdowns ... on Navy's 98-yard drive that resulted in a 2-yd TD run by Reynolds, he accounted for 93 of the 98 yards ... carried the ball 21 times for just 27 yards and a touchdown, while completing six of his 14 passes for 126 yards, a touchdown and an interception at Air Force ... carried the ball 39 times which are the most by a Navy player since Ricky Dobbs came off the bench to carry the ball 42 times in a driving rainstorm against SMU on 10-25-08 ... sat out the VMI game ... Navy topped the 400-yard rushing mark for the second time with 412 yards against Western Kentucky and featured two 100-yard rushers (Reynolds 121, Copeland 104) for the first time since the 2013 season opener against Indiana ... carried the ball 24 times for 121 yards and a pair of touchdowns against Western Kentucky ... struggled with the passing game against the Hilltoppers where he connected on just three of his 14 passes for 55 yards and an interception returned for a touchdown ... rushed for 25 yards on 19 carries and two touchdowns, while completing 12 of his 22 passes for 231 yards and a TD against Rutgers ... it was just the second time in his career that he has passed for better than 200 yards (Delaware `13) ... had made 23 consecutive starts at quarterback before sitting out the Texas State contest with a strained knee ... rushed for 173 yards on 21 carries and two touchdowns at Temple, while also completed four of his eight passes for 30 yards ... it was his ninth career 100-yard rushing afternoon and fourth 150-plus yard day ... left the game late in the fourth quarter with an injury ... carried the ball 23 times for 42 yards and a 1-yard touchdown, while also connecting on two of his four passes for 20 yards in the Mids' opener against No. 5 Ohio State ... topped the 2,000-yard rushing mark for his career in the opener.
• 2013: Named a Sports Illustrated Honorable Mention All-American ... named SB Nation's Independent Offensive Player of the Year ... a First-Team FBS All-Independent selection, he was also named the FBS All-Independent Offensive Player of the Year ... garnered All-East honors and was a First-Team All-Independent selection by Phil Steele ... Navy's starting quarterback in all 13 contests, he led the team with 1346 yards on 300 carries (4.5 ypc) and a program-record 31 touchdowns, while completing 68 of his 128 passes for 1057 yards and eight touchdowns ... tossed two interceptions and lost four fumbles on the year ... member of Navy's offensive unit that finished the year ranked No. 1 nationally in turnovers lost (10), No. 1 in passes had intercepted (4), No. 2 in rushing offense (325.4), No. 3 in tackles for loss allowed (3.62), No. 6 in passing yards per completion (15.09), No. 6 in third down conversion (51.1), 11th in fourth down conversions (67.9) and 12th in turnover margin (+0.9) ... named the Bell Helicopter Armed Forces Bowl Most Valuable Player for Navy following a two-touchdown performance against Middle Tennessee ... paced the Mids with 86 yards on 20 carries and completed three of his seven passes for 19 yards ... with his three-yard touchdown run in the opening quarter against the Blue Raiders, he became just the fourth player and ONLY quarterback in FBS history to score 30 or more rushing touchdowns in a season, joining Barry Sanders (Oklahoma State, 37 in 1988), Montee Ball (Wisconsin, 33 in 2011) and Kapri Bibbs (Colorado State, 31 in 2013) ... with his one-yard touchdown run in the fourth quarter (10:48), Reynolds scored his 31st rushing touchdown of the 2013 season, tying Bibbs for the most in the country ... Bibbs accomplished this in 14 games, while Reynolds played in 13 contests this season ... Navy rushed for 366 yards on 67 attempts against Middle Tennessee in the Bell Helicopter Armed Force Bowl, marking the sixth straight game the Mids topped the 300-yard rushing milestone ... it's the first time Navy has accomplished the feat since 2007 ... named the Army-Navy MVP presented by the Philadelphia Sportswriters Association after pacing the Mids with 136 yards on 30 carries and three touchdowns and completing two of his seven passes for 10 yards ... with touchdown runs of 47 (2:38, 2Qtr), 11 (6:22, 4Qtr) and 1 yards (0:46, 4Qtr), Reynolds set the NCAA record for single-season rushing TDs by a quarterback ... caught a pass, his first, from wide receiver Brendan Dudeck on a two-point conversion following his second touchdown scored (6:22, 4Qtr) ... the three touchdowns and the 2-point conversion reception pushed his total points scored this season to 176 which breaks the Navy record ... it was Reynolds' sixth 100-yard rushing day this season and the eighth of his career ... member of the Mids' offense that rushed for 432 yards on 62 carries and scored a season-high 58 points in a triple overtime win at San Jose State ... the 432 yards are the second most by the Mids on the ground this season ... named a Manning Award Star of the Week, FBS Independent Offensive Player of the Week, ECAC Offensive Player of the Week and one of ESPN.com's best individual performances of the week following his performance against San Jose State where he rushed for a career-high 240 yards on a personal-best 36 carries for an NCAA-record (by a QB) seven rushing touchdowns ... he threw for another TD, as he completed four of his six passes ... the eight touchdowns set a school record that had previously been set by three other Mids with six, most recently Craig Candeto in 2002 ... he also became just the fourth player in school history to rush AND pass for 1,000 yards in a season ... part of an offense that eclipsed the 500-yard total offense mark for the third time this season when the Mids posted 519 yards in their win over South Alabama to become bowl eligible ... Navy also rushed for 351 yards, marking the first time since 2010 that it has topped the 300-yard rushing mark in three straight games (331 vs. Notre Dame, 383 vs. Hawai'i) ... carried the ball 17 times for 59 yards and a touchdown, while completing 10 of his 17 passes for 168 yards and a touchdown in leading the Mids to a win over South Alabama ... connected with Matt Aiken on a two-point conversion, Navy's first since last year's Air Force game when Noah Copeland ran it in ... named named a Manning Award Star of the Week, FBS Independent Offensive Player of the Week and ECAC Offensive Player of the Week on Nov. 11 after leading Navy with a then career-high 226 yards rushing on 28 carries against Hawai'i ... his 226 yards rushing are the third most by a Navy quarterback in school history and the most since Chris McCoy rushed for 268 yards on 27 carries against Kent State on Nov. 22, 1997 ... he is one of only 7 different quarterbacks in school history to reach 200 yards rushing in a game ... the last QB to reach the 200-yard milestone was Kriss Proctor with 201 yards on 20 carries against Central Michigan on Nov. 13, 2010 ... Scored rushing touchdowns of 1 (3:37, 2Qtr), 6 (4:39, 3Qtr), 67 yards (8:51, 4Qtr) and 21 yards (1:36, 4Qtr) in the contest ... t's the most touchdowns scored by a Navy player since Ricky Dobbs rushed for 5 TDs against Delaware on Nov. 14, 2009 ... part of an offensive unit that posted 28 first downs against Notre Dame which are the most by the Mids in series history ... the offense also gained 331 yards on the ground which were the most against Notre Dame since the 2010 contest (367) ... carried the ball 22 times for 53 yards and three touchdowns at Notre Dame, while completing six of his nine passes for 88 yards and a TD ... anchored an offense that scored 17 fourth-quarter points to upset Pitt with a 30-yard field goal at the gun ... paced Navy's rushing attack with 93 yards and a touchdown on 21 carries, while completing eight of his career-high 18 passing attempts for 105 yards and a TD ... part of a Navy offense that set a school record for number of offensive plays with 106 against Toledo (was 105 vs. Air Force in 2011) and rush attempts with 93 (was 80 vs. Rice in 2009 and Air Force in 2011) ... with 35 first downs against the Rockets, the Mids were just one first down shy of tying the school record ... the Mids also rushed for 419 yards, their second-largest ground gain of the year and the 514 yards of total offense marked the third time this season Navy has eclipsed the 500-yard mark ... rushed for three touchdowns (1,3,1) against Toledo, marking the fifth time in his career and the third time this season he has accomplished the feat ... gained just 37 yards on 29 carries against the Rockets and completed five of his 12 passes for 95 yards and threw a 20-yard TD pass to Noah Copeland ... part of an offensive unit that scored 21 consecutive points to lead the Mids to their most lop-sided victory over Air Force since 1978 (37-8) ... named the FBS Independent Offensive Player of the Week on Oct. 7 after pacing the Mids with 126 yards on 28 carries and three touchdowns, while completing six of his 10 passes for 54 yards against Air Force ... its was his fifth 100-yard rushing output and the fourth three rushing TD day of his career ... rushed for 23 yards on six carries and a touchdown and completed two of his four passes for 20 yards before leaving the Western Kentucky game at 4:09 in the second quarter with an injury ... the Mids had 515 yards (444R, 71P) in its season-opening win over Indiana and 589 yards (352R, 237P) in its win over Delaware ... it's the first time Navy has put together back-to-back 500-plus yards on total offense since 2007 (Ball State 540, Duke 540) ... the 589 yards of total offense against Indiana are the most by the Mids since Nov. 6, 2010, when they produced 596 yards (521R, 75P) in a 76-35 win over East Carolina ... Navy's 237 yards passing are the most since throwing for 248 yards against Stanford on Sept. 10, 2005 ... earned ECAC Offensive Player of the Week honors on Sept. 16 after he rushed for 109 yards and threw for a career-high 233 yards and two TDs against Delaware ... it's his third career 100 rushing-100 passing game ... he is the first Navy player to pass for 200 yards and rush for 100 yards since Craig Candeto threw for 212 yards and rushed for 138 yards against Northwestern on Sept. 21, 2002 ... his 233 yards passing are the most by a Navy quarterback since Brian Broadwater threw for 302 against Tulane on Nov. 11, 2000 ... Broadwater combined with Ed Malinowski (33) and Billy Hubbard (27) for 362 yards through the air ... his 342 yards of total offense marked the best output by a Navy player since Shun White recorded 348 yards of total offense against Towson on Aug. 30, 2008 ... put together his second straight 100-yard rushing game and fourth of his career ... carried the ball a career-high 32 times for 127 yards and three touchdowns in the Mids' season-opening win over Indiana ... it was his third-career 100-yard rushing day and it was his third three-rushing TD performance of his career ... also completed two of his four passes for 71 yards ... combined with Darius Staten (106) to become just the 43rd tandem to rush for 100 yards apiece in a game.
• 2012: Saw action in all 13 games, starting the final eight games of the year ... named the Independent Rookie of the Year by the nationwide media panel responsible for the FBS Indpendent Player of the Week awards ... anchored an offensive unit that finished the year ranked sixth nationally in rushing offense, averaging 278.46 yards per game ... was 6-2 (.750) as a starting quarterback and led Navy to three fourth-quarter comebacks (Air Force, Army and Indiana. He did not start the Air Force game) ... accounted for 19 TDs on the year (nine passing, 10 rushing) ... finished the year with 649 yards rushing and 10 touchdowns on 162 carries, while completing 61 of his 108 pass attempts for 898 yards with nine touchdowns and just two interceptions ... he had at least one rushing touchdown in five of his eight starts and threw at least one touchdown pass in five of his eight starts ... was the first Navy quarterback to win his first four career starts since senior Bob Powers, who won his first six career starts in 1979 ... threw TD passes in four consecutive games (Central Michigan, Indiana, East Carolina, Florida Atlantic), marking the first time a Navy QB has accomplished the feat since Ricky Dobbs threw TD passes in five straight games in 2010 (Wake Forest Oct. 10, SMU, Notre Dame, Duke, East Carolina Nov. 6) ... completed five of his 11 passes for 14 yards, a touchdown and an interception against Arizona State in the Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl ... named the Philadelphia Sports Writers Association's 2012 Army-Navy Game Most Valuable Player ... gained 43 yards on 15 carries and scored the game-winning eight-yard touchdown run in the Mids' 17-13 victory over Army ... also completed 10 of his 17 passes for 130 yards ... both his completions and attempts were career highs ... carried the ball 10 times for 50 yards and completed three of his eight passes for 35 yards in Navy's Senior Day victory over Texas State ... rushed for 130 yards on 21 carries and scored three touchdowns in the Troy game, while completing eight of his 15 passes for 159 yards ... it was Reynolds' second straight game with 100-plus yards rushing and passing ... posted a career-long run of 70 yards (ended in a fumble out the end of the zone for a touchback) against the Trojans, marking Navy's first 70-yard run since Kriss Proctor's 75-yard carry against Delaware on Sept. 3, 2011 ... his 68-yard pass to Shawn Lynch on the Mids' second scoring drive was Navy's longest completion since Ricky Dobbs connected on a 77-yard TD strike to Brandon Turner against Army on Dec. 11, 2010 ... named the ECAC Div. I Offensive Player of the Week after leading the Mids to a come-from-behind win over Florida Atlantic ... with a career-high 159 yards rushing (26 carries) and a career-high 147 yards passing (8-15) against Florida Atlantic, he is the second Navy quarterback this season to rush and throw for 100 yards in the same game ... Trey Miller rushed for 116 yards and threw for 107 yards against VMI (9-22) ... with 306 yards of total offense, he is the first Navy player to reach 300-plus yards of total offense (306) since Ricky Dobbs charted 318 yards against Arkansas State on No. 20, 2010 ... the 159 yards on the ground are the most by a Navy player this season ... the last Navy player to rush for 150 yards in a game was Kriss Proctor who rushed for 179 against Delaware on Sept. 3, 2011 ... his 21-yard rush at 5:39 in the third quarter put him over 100 yards rushing for the first time in his career ... his 26 carries are the most by a Navy player since Kriss Proctor's 32-carry day in last year's win over Army ... got loose for a career-long run of 48 yards (8:10, 2Qtr) ... it was also the team's longest run of the year, improving upon Trey Miller's 40-yard scamper against VMI in the home opener ... a member of the Mids' high-powered offense that scored 56 points at East Carolina, marking their first 50-point game since putting up 76 against the Pirates in 2010 ... Navy also rushed for 512 yards, the ninth most in program history and the most since running up 521 yards on the ground against East Carolina in 2010 ... meanwhile, Navy's 563 yards of total offense (512 R, 51 P) were the most by the Mids since the 2011 contest against Southern Miss when they recorded 569 yards of total offense (421 R, 148 P) ... Navy also produced 32 first downs in the win at ECU, topping 30 first downs for the first time since the Air Force contest in 2011 ... carried the ball 10 times for a career-high 81 yards and three touchdowns, while completing three of his five passes for 51 yards and two TDs against East Carolina ... responsible for five of the Mids' eight touchdowns on the day, becomming the first QB since Ricky Dobbs to be responsible for five TDs in a game ... Dobbs rushed for 5 TDs against Delaware on Nov. 14, 2009 ... with three rushing TDs (1, 2 and 1 yd), he is the second Navy player this season to score three rushing TDs in a single game, joining Trey Miller who scored three in the win over VMI on Sept. 22 ... picked off by ECU's Chip Thompson in the second quarter, marking Reynolds' first collegiate interception thrown ... once again, he orchestrated a furious rally in the fourth quarter for the Mids, fighting back from a 30-21 deficit to lead Navy to a 31-30 victory over Indiana on Homecoming ... earned ECAC Div. I Offensive Player of the Week honors for a second straight week after carrying the ball 17 times for 66 yards and a touchdown, while completing eight of his 13 passes for 96 yards and the game-winning touchdown pass to Matt Aiken ... named the FBS Independent Offensive Player of the Week on Oct. 15, as well as the ECAC Div. I Offensive Player of the Week after leading the Mids to a 31-13 road win over Central Michigan ... with his start against the Chippewas, he became the first Navy freshman to start at quarterback since 1991 when Jim Kubiak started five games for the Mids ... completed six of his 11 passes for a career-best 134 yards and three touchdowns, while also carrying the ball 24 times for 59 yards ... the 24 carries are the most by a Navy player this season ... with touchdown strikes of 23 (11:43, 1Qtr), 19 (3:49, 1Qtr) and 41 yards (2:53, 3Qtr), he became the first Navy QB to throw three touchdown passes in a game since Chris McCoy threw three against Colgate on Nov. 15, 1997 ... capped the Mids' opening drive (11:43, 1Qtr) with a 23-yard touchdown pass to Brandon Turner, marking his first collegiate passing touchdown ... came into the game at the 9:03 mark in the fourth quarter (Miller injured ankle) to rally Navy to victory over Air Force ... carried the ball three times for 22 yards and completed all three of his passes for 55 yards, including a 35-yard completion to Gee Gee Greene ... scored his first collegiate touchdown on a 15-yard run with 6:35 to go in the fourth, setting up a game-tying two-point conversion by fullback Noah Copeland ... relieved Trey Miller in the fourth quarter of the San Jose State contest where he completed three of his four passes for 33 yards ... carried the ball eight times for a career-high 34 yards at Penn State, which featured a career-long run of 30 yards ... completed four of his five passes for 44 yards, including a 21-yard strike to senior slot back Bo Snelson ... made his collegiate debut in the Mids' opener against Notre Dame, spelling starting quarterback Trey Miller in the fourth quarter ... carried the ball three times for negative yardage (-3) and threw one incomplete pass against the Irish.
• High School / Personal: A 2012 graduate of Goodpasture Christian School, Reynolds was a four-year letterwinner in football and track & field ... a two-time All-State (Tenn.) football selection who was also twice named the district's MVP ... also earned All-Midstate honors as a junior and senior ... led his high school to back-to-back (2010-11) district football titles with a combined 21-6 record ... also took recruiting visits to Air Force and Wofford ... member of the National Honor Society ... father played football at UT-Martin ... son of Donald and Jacqueline Reynolds ... majoring in international relations.