Navy will honor its 34 seniors in a pregame ceremony.
Senior outside linebacker from Memphis, Tenn.
Senior center from Nashville, Tenn.
Junior linebacker from Ramona, Calif.
Clinic was held at Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium
• At Navy: Enters the fall second on the depth chart at outside linebacker behind D.J. Palmore ... has put on 10 pounds since the fall ... excellent pass rusher ... has terrific speed off the edge ... has earned two varsity letters.
• 2016: Played in eight contests where he made eight tackles ... chipped in a stolo stop against LA Tech in the Armed Forces Bowl ... turned in one tackle against Army ... chipped in a solo tackle at East Carolina ... recorded one tackle in the win over Memphis ... pitched in a pair of solo stops at Air Force ... turned in a pair of tackles in Navy’s conference opener against UConn.
• 2015: Saw action in 13 games and made one start ... caused three fumbles, the most by a Navy player since 2011 when Jabaree Tuani and Matt Brewer forced four each ... also produced 19 tackles, 3.5 tackles for a loss and 2.5 sacks on the year ... posted three tackles at Houston ... posted a pair of tackles at Tulsa ... contributed a pair of tackles in the win over SMU ... part of a defensive unit that held #15 Memphis to a season-low 20 points and snapped the Tigers’ 15-game winning streak which was the third longest in the country ... turned in a tackle and a quarterback hurry against USF ... his lone tackle against Tulane resulted in a sack and a caused fumble in which the Mids recovered ... chipped in a tackle at Notre Dame ... part of a defensive unit that held Air Force scoreless in the opening half and held the Falcons to their fewest yards of total offense (277) since 2009 (240) ... held the Falcons to just 11 points, their lowest scoring out put since Notre Dame defeated them 45-10 on Oct. 26, 2013 ... the defense forced four Air Force turnovers (3 fumbles, 1 interception), marking the most turnovers forced by Navy since Sept. 10, 2011, when Western Kentucky turned the ball over five times (3 fumbles, 2 interceptions) ... posted three tackles, including 1.5 sacks for a loss of 10 yards at UConn ... it marked the first sacks of his career ... also forced a fumble and was credited with a quarterback hury ... member of the Mids’ defensive unit that combined for five sacks against the Huskies which are the most by a Navy team since 2006 against Temple (6) ... earned the start against East Carolina, where he contributed a tackle ... played a spectacular game against Colgate in the opener where he recorded five tackles, including a tackle for a loss, forced a fumble and returned a fumble 54 yards for a touchdown ... it was Navy’s first fumble returned for a touchdown since Wyatt Middleton’s 98-yard fumble return against Army on Dec. 11, 2010.
• 2014: Saw action against Texas State and Western Kentucky.
• High School / Personal: A 2013 graduate of Douglas Byrd High School, McCoy attended the Naval Academy Prep School during the 2013-14 academic year ... a two-sport athlete who earned letters in football (2) and basketball (1) ... earned all-conference honors as a senior ... also considered Western Carolina, Appalachian State and Furman ... son of Bettie McCoy ... majoring in economics.