To be eligible for the honor the nominee must have attained a minimum grade point average of 3.00 for the entire academic year.
Team Will Be Honored At Halftime Of The Men’s Game
Navy finished the season ranked 18th in both polls.
Fifteen seniors will be commissioned 2nd Lieutenants in the United States Marine Corps (11 ground, four pilot), while 17 will be Ensigns in the United States Navy (eight surface warfare, two pilot, two flight officers, three submarines, one special warfare and one information warfare).
The Midshipmen force three straight turnovers in the second half for a 31-14 victory over Tulane
Army-Navy Football 2015
No. 16 Navy loses to Houston 52-31 (USATSI)
Navy defeats SMU 55-14 at Navy Marine Corps Memorial Stadium, USATSI Photos
2015 Navy-Tulane Football
2015 Navy-Air Force Football
• At Navy: Enters the fall listed as the starter at free safety ... terrific athlete that has good range ... has solid speed ... has earned one varsity letter.
• 2014: A member of special teams, he appeared in every game and produced four tackles ... made a solo stop in the Mids' Poinsettia Bowl win over San Diego State ... chipped in on a tackle against Georgia Southern ... recorded an assisted tackle against Rutgers ... pitched in a solo stop on special teams against Temple.
• 2013: Made appearances in three games as a member of special teams, including making his collegiate debut against Pitt ... made his lone tackle of the year in Navy's loss at Notre Dame.
• 2012: Did not see any varsity action.
• High School / Personal: A 2012 graduate of Louisville Male High School, Barbour was a three-sport standout who earned letters in track & field (4), football (3) and basketball (2) ... a two-time all-district quarterback and safety ... a four-time all-city selection in track & field as a high jumper, long jumper and triple jumper ... track & field team won the Kentucky State 3A Championship in 2009, `10 and `11 ... also considered Air Force ... son of William and Kim Barbour ... majoring in quantitative economics ... had a 3.33 grade point average last fall and a 3.56 grade point average in the spring.