The winner of the Houston vs. Navy game will finish second in the AAC West Division.
Navy will honor its 34 seniors in a pregame ceremony.
By Gary Lambrecht
Navy owns an 8-1 record in home openers under head coach Ken Niumatalolo
Senior nose guard from Phoenix, Ariz.
Navy-LA Tech Football 12-23-16
Army-Navy Football 12-10-16
Navy-Temple Football 12-3-16
Check out the USA Today photo gallery from the football game between Notre Dame and Navy.
Navy-UConn Football 9-10-16
• At Navy: Enters the fall as a starter at inside linebacker ... has dropped eight pounds since last year to improve his quickness ... has good speed and can deliver the big hit ... plays the run and the pass equally well ... has started 27 straight contests for the Mids ... has earned two varsity letters.
• 2016: Was one of seven Navy players to earn All-AAC honors as a second-team selection ... led the team in tackles with 107 (65-42), while also posting one sack and three tackles for loss ... broke up three passes on the year and recorded one QB hurry ... paced the Mids with nine tackles against LA Tech in the Armed Forces Bowl, while recording a sack for a loss of seven yards, a QB hurry and a pass breakup ... posted eight tackles against Army ... led the Mids with eight tackles, including seven solo stops, against Temple in the AAC Championship Game ... recorded a team-best 10 tackles at SMU, including nine solo stops ... chipped in five tackles, including a tackle for a loss of three yards at East Carolina ... paced the team against Tulsa with nine tackles ... recorded nine tackles in the win against Notre Dame ... posted three tackles at USF ... turned in seven tackles in the win over Memphis ... part of a defensive unit that caused three Houston turnovers (2 INT, 1 Fumble) that in turn led to 17 points for the Mids ... posted seven tackles against the Cougars ... recorded a career-high 11 tackles at Air Force which also marks the most by a Navy player this season ... the 11 tackles also pushed him over 100 for his career ... turned in eight tackles and broke up a pass at Tulane ... produced seven tackles, including a tackle for a loss of two yards in Navy’s victory over UConn in the conference opener ... part of a defensive effort that held Fordham to three field goals on the Rams’ three trips to the red zone ... turned in six tackles and broke up a pass against the Rams.
• 2015: A starter at linebacker in all 13 contests, he earned Second-Team All-East recognition ... finished the year second on the team in tackles with 73, including 4.5 tackles for loss and 2.5 sacks ... also broke up two passes ... turned in a team-high tying five tackles in Navy’s Military Bowl win over Pitt ... chipped in four tackles in the win against Army West Point ... posted six tackles and broke up a pass at Houston ... posted four tackles, including a sack for a loss of nine yards at Tulsa ... pitched in a pair of tackles against SMU ... posted six tackles, including a half a tackle for a loss against Memphis ... contributed three solo stops against USF ... recorded seven tackles, including a half a tackle for a loss against Tulane ... turned in four tackles, including a sack at Notre Dame, while also breaking up a pass ... contributed seven tackles, including five solo stops, in the Mids’ win over Air Force ... earned a spot on the weekly AAC Honor Roll after leading the Mids with a then career-high 10 tackles, including two tackles for a loss and a sack against UConn ... led Navy for a second straight game with eight tackles in Navy’s AAC opener against East Carolina ... making his first collegiate start, led the Mids with seven tackles in their win over Colgate in the opener.
• 2014: Played in six of the last eight games, including making his first career appearance as a member of special teams at Air Force ... contributed his first collegiate tackles in the win over Georgia Southern where he made two stops..
• High School / Personal: A 2014 graduate of Vista Ridge High School, Thomas earned letters in baseball and football ... moved from defensive end to linebacker his senior year ... earned First-Team All-State (Texas) recognition his senior year and honorable mention as a junior ... named the Co-Centex Defensive Player of the Year as a senior ... a three-time all-district selection who also was a two-time First-Team All-Centex standout ... produced 147 tackles as a senior, forcing 4 fumbles and recovering one ... didn’t start playing football until a freshman in high school ... earned all-district honors in football as a sophomore ... also considered Air Force, Texas-San Antonio, Arkansas State and UTEP ... grandfather, Luther Edmonds, played football at Norfolk State ... son of David and Salisa Thomas ... majoring in political science.