Navy will honor its 34 seniors in a pregame ceremony.
Senior slot back from Lilburn, Ga.
Junior defensive end from Stockbridge, Ga.
Sophomore outside linebacker from Cary, N.C.
Raiford hails from Conyers, Ga.
• At Navy: Enters the fall third on the depth chart at left tackle ... came to Navy as a defensive lineman ... one of Navy’s biggest players ... has seen most of his playing time the last three years on special teams ... has dropped seven pounds since last year to help with his mobility ... has earned three varsity letters.
• 2016: A member of special teams, he played in all 14 contests.
• 2015: A member of the Mids’ special teams, he saw action in 11 games ... closed out the year with three tackles, including a half a tackle for loss and half a sack ... recorded his first career sack on his lone tackle at UConn ... member of the Mids’ defensive unit that combined for five sacks against the Huskies which are the most by a Navy team since 2006 against Temple (6) ... made a solo stop in Navy’s league opener against East Carolina ... pitched in a tackle in the Mids’ season-opening win over Colgate.
• 2014: A member of the Mids’ special teams, he saw action in every game including making his collegiate debut in the opener against fifth-ranked Ohio State ... part of a defensive unit that surrendered one touchdown to VMI which was scored with 14 seconds left in the game ... contributed a pair of tackles against the Keydets.
• High School / Personal: A 2013 graduate of Heritage High School, Raiford attended the Naval Academy Prep School during the 2013-14 academic year ... lettered two years in football ... also considered Appalachian State ... played tuba in the band before starting to play football his junior year ... son of the late Garland Jr. and Connie Raiford ... majoring in economics.