Senior center from Kaneohe, Hawai'i
Air Force leads the all-time series, 27-19, however the Mids have won nine of the last 11 games.
Navy starting QB Keenan Reynolds left last year's game in the second quarter with an injury.
Navy hasn't played its first three games away from its home field since 1978 when the Mids played their first four games on the road.
Reynolds rushes for 173 yards and 2 touchdowns.
Navy vs. Western Kentucky FB 9-27-14
Navy vs. Rutgers FB 9-20-14
Navy at Temple 9-6-14
Navy at Temple (USATSI)
Navy vs. Ohio State FB 8-30-14
• At Navy: Enters the fall as the back-up placekicker to Austin Grebe ... was Navy’s starting kicker for the first six games of 2014 after holding the position in each of his first two years ... is Navy’s all-time leader in made extra-points ... made his collegiate debut in the Mids’ opener against Notre Dame where he became the first freshman kicker to start for Navy since 1996 when Tim Shubzda shared the kicking duties with Jason Covarubbias and Tom Vanderhorst ... has earned three varsity letters.
• 2014: Was replaced as Navy’s kicker in the VMI game ... missed a 38-yard field goal at Air Force at the end of the first half ... came into the game having never missed a field goal in a Service Academy game ... missed a 28-yard field goal, his only attempt, against Western Kentucky ... with his three extra points against Rutgers, he became Navy’s all-time leader in extra points ... missed a 41-yard field goal against the Scarlet Knights in the opening quarter, but came back to make a 35-yarder in the third quarter ... made a 29-yard field goal in the opening quarter at Temple before missing a 43-yarder late in the fourth quarter ... missed a 36-yard field goal with five seconds left in the opening half against Ohio State in the opener ... came in having made eight straight field goals, including three better than 35 yards ... bounced back to split the uprights on a 32-yard in the fourth quarter ... moved into second on Navy’s career leader board for extra points with 94 ... trails record holder Joey Bullen (2005-08) who posted 105.
• 2013: Navy’s kicker in all 13 games this season, he made 11 of his 14 field goal attempts (78.6) and was 51 for 55 on extra points (92.7) ... the 51 extra-points are the second most in school history, while his 92 career extra-points are the third most in program history ... his 84 points this season are the third most for a kick in Navy history, while his 155 career points stand sixth ... made each of his last eight field goal attempts dating back to the Toledo game ... connected on a 32-yard field goal in the Bell Helicopter Armed Force Bowl against Middle Tennessee ... split the uprights on 20 (1:22, 1Qtr) and 34-yard (1:04, 3Qtr) field goals in Navy’s 34-7 win over Army ... it’s the third time this season (Indiana and South Alabama) that he has made a pair of field goals in a game ... missed his PAT on the Mids’ final touchdown of the game ... connected on a 37-yard field goal at San Jose State and was 7-for-7 on PATs ... converted on field goals of 37 and 21 yards in Navy’s win over South Alabama ... was 6 for 6 on PATs against Hawai’i ... named the FBS Independent Player of the Week for special teams on Oct. 28 after connecting on a 30-yard field goal at the gun to lead the Mids to a 24-21 win over Pitt ... missed a 38-yard field goal at Toledo in the second quarter, but came back to split the uprights on a 40-yarder at the gun to send the game into overtime ... missed just his second career PAT, this one coming in the second overtime frame in a 45-44 double overtime loss to the Rockets ... missed a 29-yard field goal at Duke ... had made 48 consecutive PATs prior to missing on his third attempt in Navy’s home opener against Delaware ... came into the game ranked 13th nationally in consecutive extra-points made ... split the uprights on a pair of field goals against Indiana in the opener ... made attempts of 23 and 33 yards, but missed a 32 yarder with six seconds remaining in the opening half.
• 2012: Started all 13 games ... one of just 13 true freshman kickers who started for their respective teams in the FBS ... led Navy with 71 points (41 PATs, 10 FGs), the ninth most by a freshman kicker in the FBS in 2012 ... made 10 of his 15 field goals on the year and was flawless on extra points (41-for-41) ... the 41 made PATs are the fourth-most in a season by a Navy kicker in program history ... he is just the fifth kicker in school history to not miss an extra-point in a season with 25 or more attempts ... missed a 33-yard field goal in Navy’s loss to Arizona State in the Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl ... connected on a 31-yard field goal and two PATs in his first Army-Navy game ... missed a 33-yard field goal, as well as a 36-yarder in the Mids’ win over Texas State ... connected on a 27-yard field goal in the Mids’ loss at Troy ... missed his first two kicks of the year in Navy’s victory over Florida Atlantic, missing wide left on 45 and 51-yarders ... went into the Florida Atlantic contest as one of only TWO kickers in the country that had not missed a kick (extra point or field goal, 7-for-7 FG, 25-for-25 PAT) ... connected on all eight extra-points in Navy’s road win at East Carolina, garnering ECAC Div. I Special Teams Player of the Week kudos for a second-straight week ... it’s the most PATs made by a Navy player in a single game since Jon Teague kicked 10 against ECU in Greenville in 2010 ... garnered ECAC Div. I Special Teams Player of the Week honors after hitting an 18-yard field goal with 5:30 left in the game to get the Mids to within six points against Indiana ... was 4-for-4 on extra-points in the contest, including hitting the game-winner with 2:02 to go ... named the FBS Independent Special Teams Player of the Week on Oct. 8 after stepping in and kicking back-to-back career-long field goals to help lead Navy to victory over Air Force ... nailed a 39-yard field goal in the second quarter and followed up with a career-best 41-yarder midway through the fourth quarter ... connected on a pair of field goals in the win over VMI in the home opener, including a then career-long 35-yarder ... also split the uprights on a 19-yard field goal ... connected on his first-career field goal attempt, a 26-yarder as time ran out in the opening half of the Notre Dame game.
• High School / Personal: A 2011 graduate of Scripps Ranch High School, Sloan attended the Naval Academy Prep School during the 2011-12 academic year ... a two-sport athlete who earned three letters in football and two in baseball ... named the Eastern League Pitcher of the Year his senior year ... member of the league championship-winning baseball teams in 2010 and ‘11 ... also took a recruiting visit to Air Force ... son of Darryl and JoAnn Sloan ... majoring in ocean engineering.