By Gary Lambrecht
Senior guard from Palm Bay, Fla.
Junior offensive tackle from Mt. Juliet, Tenn.
Junior guard from Franklin, Tenn.
Junior kicker from Bentonville, Ark.
Army-Navy Football 12-10-16
Navy-Temple Football 12-3-16
Navy-Memphis Football 10-22
Navy-UConn Football 9-10-16
2015 Navy-SMU FB
• At Navy: Enters the fall as Navy’s starting center ... has starting experience, starting the first four games last year ... has the ability to get to the second level and block the linebacker ... has earned two varsity letters.
• 2016: A starter at center in each of the first four contests, he was part of a starting line that entered the year with just a combined 4 starts ... played in all 14 contests ... the line paved the way for the Mids to finish the year ranked #1 in third down conversion pct. (54.5), #3 in passing yards per completion (19.29), #4 in rushing offense (310.1), #5 in tackles for loss allowed (4.21) and #7 in team passing efficiency (164.17) ... Navy scored 60-plus points in back-to-back games (66 at East Carolina, 75 at SMU) for just the second time in program history and the first time since 1917 ... twice Navy has put up 600 yards of total offense (616 at USF, 600 at SMU) after having not reached the 600-yard mark since 2008 (602 vs. Towson) ... the Mids put together three consecutive games of 500-plus yards of total offense (Tulsa, East Carolina, SMU), marking the first time in school history this has been done ... Navy topped 300 yards of rushing in seven consecutive contests (Houston, Memphis, USF, Notre Dame, Tulsa, East Carolina, SMU) ...part of an offensive effort that eclipsed 600 total yards of offense for the second time this season and recorded a season-best 496 yards on the ground at SMU ... it was the 10th-best rushing game in school history and the best since running for 512 against East Carolina on Oct. 27, 2012 ... Navy generated 75 points, the program’s second most in the modern era behind the 76 points scored against East Carolina on Nov. 6, 2010 ... the 75 points are the most scored ever in an AAC conference game ... the 11 TDs by the Mids marked a modern-era record, besting the previous mark of 10 set against Princeton in 1953, North Texas in 2007 and East Carolina in 2010 ... Navy’s 44-point victory marked the Mids’ largest margin of victory since defeating Rice by 49 (63-14) on Oct. 10, 2009 ... the line also paved the way for Navy to have two quarterbacks rush for 100 yards each in what was a first at the Academy ... the Mids amassed 593 yards of total offense (480 rush, 113 pass) at East Carolina, extending Navy’s consecutive games with 300 yards rushing to six in a row, while allowing QB Will Worth to post his sixth straight 100-yard rushing day, the most by a Navy player since Brian Madden (1999-01) when he ran his streak to seven in a row ... it also paved the way for the Mids to have two 100-yard rushers in the same game (Willl Worth - 159, Shawn White - 150) for the first time this season ... Navy’s 480 yards on the ground were a season high ... the Mids’ 66 points against the Pirates marked the most points by Navy since defeating East Carolina, 76-35, on Nov. 6, 2010 ... the line opened up lanes against Tulsa for the Mids to put together their fifth straight 300-yard rushing performance (390 yds) ... Navy amassed 616 total yards (317 rush, 299 pass) at USF, the 11th most in program history and opened lanes for the Mids to register their third consecutive 300-yard rushing game ... it paved the way for Will Worth to break the program’s total offense mark with 428 yards (129 rush, 299 pass) ... led the way for a then season-high 447 rushing yards, while the Mids produced 532 yards of total offense in a win over Memphis ... the Mids’ offense rushed for 306 yards against a Houston defense that was giving up just 42.0 rushing yards per game and was ranked #1 in the country ... it was the first time the Cougars had given up triple digits in the rushing column since last year’s game against Navy when the Mids rushed for 147 yards ... the 46 points scored by Navy were the most surrendered by Houston since dropping a 47-46 decision to BYU on 10-19-13 ... the Cougars’ opponents were averaging just 11.2 points per game this season ... helped paved the way for the Mids to post 550 yards of total offense, including 427 on the ground, in their opener against Fordham.
• 2015: A member of the Mids PAT/field goal team, he saw action in 11 contests.
• 2014: Did not see any varsity action.
• High School / Personal: A 2014 graduate of The Ensworth School, Wade earned letters in baseball (3), bowling (2) and football (4) ... a two-time all-region football selection who was twice named All-Midstate by The Tennessean ... garnered All-State (Tenn.) honors as a junior and senior ... played in the Tennessee Senior East-West Bowl ... led The Ensworth School to four consecutive DII-AA state titles (2010-13) ... 2013 Region Academic All-Star ... tutored youth in China prior to his arrival in Annapolis ... dad played football at Tennessee Tech ... son of Paul and Mindi Wade ... majoring in political science.