11 seniors lead the way
Eighteen seniors will be commissioned 2nd Lieutenants in the United States Marine Corps, while 13 will be Ensigns in the United States Navy
Navy will recognize its 31 senior members prior to Saturday's AAC contest against Tulsa.
The two teams enter the game undefeated for the first time ever
Navy enters its second year as a member of the AAC and opens its conference slate at home for a second consecutive year.
Navy-LA Tech Football 12-23-16
Army-Navy Football 12-10-16
Navy-Temple Football 12-3-16
Navy-Tulsa Football 11-12-16
Navy-Memphis Football 10-22
• At Navy: Enters the fall listed as the starter at nose guard ... has great size ... has good quickness for a player his size ... tough, hard nosed player ... has earned one varsity letter.
• 2015: Played in all 13 contests where he made 11 tackles, including a half a tackle for loss and recovered a fumble ... turned in a pair of tackles, including a half a tackle for loss in the win over Pitt in the Military Bowl ... contributed a tackle against SMU ... recorded a tackle at Notre Dame ... was in on a tackle at UConn ... in his first appearance since suffering a season-ending knee injury a year ago, he contributed three tackles in the opener against Colgate.
• 2014: Suffered a season-ending knee injury against VMI ... turned in three tackles against the Keydets ... chipped in a solo tackle in his first career appearance against Air Force ... turned in a pair of tackles against Western Kentucky ... contributed a tackle against Rutgers ... produced the first two tackles of his career in Navy’s road win against Temple ... made his first collegiate appearance in Navy’s season-opener against No. 5 Ohio State.
• 2013: Did not see any varsity action.
• High School / Personal: A 2013 graduate of Deerfield-Windsor School, Forrestal was a two-year letterwinner in football who helped guide the team to state titles in 2010 and 2012 ... earned All-State (Ga.), all-region and all-city honors as a senior ... turned in 77 tackles and three sacks his senior year ... served as a team captain his senior year ... also had an offer from Yale and went on a recruiting visit to Georgia Tech ... served as Student Council President ... grandfather, Tom Forrestal Jr., is a 1958 graduate of the Naval Academy and was an All-American quarterback for the MIdshipmen in 1957 and remains Navy’s record holder for most touchdown passes thrown in a game witih four against Penn in 1957 ... father, Tom III, graduated from the Academy in 1984 ... son of Tom III and Allison Forrestal ... majoring in systems engineering.