The Midshipmen played 134 years as a football Independent, but embark on a new era as a member of the American Athletic Conference this year.
Senior wide receiver from Brandenburg, Ky.
Senior nose guard and co-captain from Monessen, Pa.
Junior nose guard from Albany, Ga.
Saturday's clash features the top two rushing programs in the country.
• At Navy: Enters the fall listed as the starter at nose guard ... has great size ... has good quickness for a player his size ... tough, hard nosed player ... has earned one varsity letter.
• 2015: Played in all 13 contests where he made 11 tackles, including a half a tackle for loss and recovered a fumble ... turned in a pair of tackles, including a half a tackle for loss in the win over Pitt in the Military Bowl ... contributed a tackle against SMU ... recorded a tackle at Notre Dame ... was in on a tackle at UConn ... in his first appearance since suffering a season-ending knee injury a year ago, he contributed three tackles in the opener against Colgate.
• 2014: Suffered a season-ending knee injury against VMI ... turned in three tackles against the Keydets ... chipped in a solo tackle in his first career appearance against Air Force ... turned in a pair of tackles against Western Kentucky ... contributed a tackle against Rutgers ... produced the first two tackles of his career in Navy’s road win against Temple ... made his first collegiate appearance in Navy’s season-opener against No. 5 Ohio State.
• 2013: Did not see any varsity action.
• High School / Personal: A 2013 graduate of Deerfield-Windsor School, Forrestal was a two-year letterwinner in football who helped guide the team to state titles in 2010 and 2012 ... earned All-State (Ga.), all-region and all-city honors as a senior ... turned in 77 tackles and three sacks his senior year ... served as a team captain his senior year ... also had an offer from Yale and went on a recruiting visit to Georgia Tech ... served as Student Council President ... grandfather, Tom Forrestal Jr., is a 1958 graduate of the Naval Academy and was an All-American quarterback for the MIdshipmen in 1957 and remains Navy’s record holder for most touchdown passes thrown in a game witih four against Penn in 1957 ... father, Tom III, graduated from the Academy in 1984 ... son of Tom III and Allison Forrestal ... majoring in systems engineering.