Navy takes on Western Kentucky on the road
• At Navy: Enters the fall second on the depth chart at fullback ... has great size and good speed ... is Navy’s biggest fullback in the triple option era ... athletic enough to play slot back in goal line and short yardage situations ... has been a key special teams performer over the last two seasons ... has earned two varsity letters.
• 2014: A member of Navy’s special teams, he played in all 13 games ... gained 29 yards on six carries on the year ... rushed for four yards on his solo carry against Georgia Southern ... carried the ball three times for 17 yards, including a long of eight against Ohio State in the opener.
• 2013: A member of the Mids’ special teams, he saw action in 10 contests ... rushed for eight yards on two carries against VMI ... carried the ball six times for 28 yards (4.7 ypc) and returned two kicks for seven yards ... carried the ball twice for five yards against South Alabama ... returned a kickoff for six yards in Navy’s win over Pitt ... carried the ball four times for 23 yards in Navy’s home-opener against Delaware.
• 2012: Made his collegiate debut in the Mids’ win over East Carolina ... played on special teams against Arizona State in the Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl.
• High School / Personal: A 2011 graduate of Walkersville High School, Ezell attended the Naval Academy Prep School during the 2011-12 academic year ... a four-sport athlete who earned letters in football (3), lacrosse (3), track & field (2) and basketball ... named the 2011 Frederick New Post Player of the Year ... served as team captain of the football team his senior year and was also named the team’s MVP ... broke seven school rushing records at Walkersville High ... member of the National Honor Society ... also went on a recruiting visit to Army ... father played football at Fort Valley University ... son of John and Felicia Ezell ... majoring in economics.