Senior outside linebacker from Durham, N.C.
Jernigan enters the fall as Navy's starting punter
Memphis picked to win the West
Mids Place Six On First Team
Navy has played in a bowl game in 10 of the last 11 years.
Army vs. Navy FB 12-13-14
Navy vs. Georgia Southern FB 11-15
Navy vs. Notre Dame FB 11-1-14
Navy vs. Western Kentucky FB 9-27-14
Navy vs. Rutgers FB 9-20-14
• At Navy: Enters the fall as the starter at right corner after starting all 13 games there last year ... coming off a very good junior campaign ... versatile player that can also play safety ... one of Navy's better athletes in the secondary ... has earned three varsity letters.
• 2014: Garnered Honorable Mention FBS All-Independent honors ... a starter at right cornerback in all 13 games, he finished the season as Navy's third-leading tackler with 75 (49-26) ... topped the team with nine pass breakups ... joined Chris Johnson as the only two players to both force and recover a fumble over the course of the year ... part of a defensive unit that was ranked 38th nationally in interceptions (13), 31st in passing yards allowed (205.2) and 38th in red zone defense (.788) ... turned in six tackles and broke up a pass in the Mids' Poinsettia Bowl victory over San Diego State ... despite the Mids' four fumbles in the game, including three in Navy territory, Navy's defense surrendered just a pair of field goals to the Aztecs ... part of a defensive unit that held Army without an offensive touchdown and under 50 yards passing, the first Navy opponent since Army in 2012 ... the Mids' defense held Army under 300 yards total offense (235) and 200 yards rushing (198) ... contributed six tackles in leading the Mids to their 13th consecutive win over Army ... produced six tackles and broke up a pass at South Alabama ... contributed a pair of tackles against Georgia Southern and intercepted his first pass since his freshman year ... turned in four tackles against Notre Dame ... led the team with eight tackles against San Jose State, including his first tackle for a loss since his rookie year when he dealt the Spartans a tackle for a loss in Annapolis ... part of a defensive unit that surrendered one touchdown to VMI which was scored with 14 seconds left in the game ... produced a pair of tackles and broke up a pass against VMI ... chipped in five tackles and broke up a pass at Air Force ... turned in a career-high 10 tackles against Western Kentucky ... contributed four tackles and broke up a pass at Texas State ... produced seven tackles against Rutgers and recovered a fumble, the first since his plebe year, on the Scarlet Knights' opening drive of the game ... played perhaps his best game in a Navy uniform and was named the ECAC Defensive Player of the Week after producing nine tackles, three pass breakups and a forced fumble at Temple ... against No. 5 Ohio State in the opener, he registered five tackles, including four solo stops.
• 2013: Played in all 13 contests primarily as a member of special teams ... finished the year with 10 tackles and a forced fumble ... turned in a tackle in Navy's 34-7 win over Army ... pitched in a pair of solo tackles in Navy's triple OT win at San Jose State ... posted two tackles and forced a fumble in the win over Hawai'i ... contributed a season-best three tackles against South Alabama ... turned in a tackle at Notre Dame ... chipped in a tackle against Indiana.
• 2012: Played in 10 of 13 games, starting four contests ... earned starts against Penn State, San Jose State, Air Force and Central Michigan ... missed games against Indiana, East Carolina and Florida Atlantic due to a neck injury ... pitched in two tackles against Arizona State in the Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl ... contributed a pair of tackles on special teams in Navy's Senior Day victory over Texas State ... turned in a tackle as a member of special teams against Troy .. chipped in a tackle at Central Michigan ... part of a defense that held the Chippewas to a season-low 221 yards (70 rush, 151 pass) and 12 first downs ... turned in five tackles and recovered a Cody Getz fumble in the second quarter of Navy's win over Air Force ... it marked his first collegiate fumble recovery ... part of a defense that did not allow a touchdown in nine consecutive quarters (Penn State fourth quarter - San Jose State) ... turned in seven tackles against San Jose State, including six solo stops ... also recorded his first collegiate tackle for a loss of three yards ... turned in a pair of tackles and picked off VMI QB Eric Kordenbrok on a spectacular one-handed grab at the Navy 48 (12:08, 4Q) in Navy's win over the Keydets ... it was his first collegiate interception ... part of a defensive unit that held VMI scoreless for the final 53-plus minutes of action ... held the Keydets to just a field goal in the opening quarter, marking the first time Navy's defense did not surrender a touchdown to its opponent since 2009 when defeating Army, 17-3 ... replaced an injured Jonathan Wev in the starting lineup against Penn State where he turned in a then career-high five tackles and broke up two passes, including what was nearly an interception for the rookie in the end zone ... made his debut in the Mids' opener against Notre Dame where he played the better part of the game in relief of Wev ... turned in three tackles against the Irish.
• High School / Personal: A 2011 graduate of Louis D. Brandeis High School, Adams attended the Naval Academy Prep School during the 2011-12 academic year ... a three-sport athlete who earned three letters in football and track & field, while also lettering twice in basketball ... member of district championship track and football teams as a senior ... a two-time first-team all-district football selection, garnering honors as a junior and senior ... named a two-time second-team all-area performer in football ... served as team captain of the football team ... a regional qualifier in track & field (sprinter) as a senior ... named the Athlete of the Year at Louis D. Brandeis High School in 2001 ... a member of the National Honor Society ... high school teammate of 2014 team captain Noah Copeland ... son of Roosevelt and Patricia Adams ... majoring in English.