Senior center from Nashville, Tenn.
Junior linebacker from Ramona, Calif.
Junior quarterback from Buhl, Ala.
Senior linebacker from Monument, Colo.
Junior fullback from Pittsburgh, Pa.
• At Navy: Enters the battling Juan Hailey for second on the depth chart behind Sean Williams at free safety ... had a solid spring camp ... plays hard and is technially sound ... has earned one varsity letter.
• 2016: Did not see any varsity action.
• 2015: Saw action in all 13 games on special teams ... finished the year with four tackles ... had a pair of tackles against Tulsa ... had the first two tackles of the year against Air Force.
• 2014: Saw action in the final two games of the year starting on the kickoff team against Army and San Diego State.
• High School / Personal: A 2014 graduate of Vista Murrieta High School, Beggs was a two sport standout who earned letters in baseball (1) and football (3) ... garnered All-State (Calif.), All-Inland Division, All-Golden State, all-league and All-CIF honors his senior year ... posted 125 tackles at safety his senior year, the third most in the state and the 23rd most in the country ... also totaled 4 interceptions, 3 forced fumbles, 3 fumble recovers, 2 blocked punts, 2 blocked field goals and 2 safeties ... member of the Vista Murrieta football teams that played in four consecutive CIF Championship games, including the 2011 team that produced a 14-0 record and was crowned CIF champs ... over his four-year playing career, the football team produced a 58-5 record ... four-time undefeated league champs ... owned a .490 average as the lead-off hitter for the baseball team as a sophomore ... quit playing baseball after his sophomore season to focus on football ... was a four-time scholar-athlete award winner ... in addition to Navy, received offers from Army, Air Force, Cal Poly, Princeton, Yale, Penn, New Mexico State and Montana State ... son of Randy Sr. and Lisa Beggs ... majoring in economics.