The Mids closed out the year with a 17-10 win over Army and a Poinsettia Bowl victory.
Austin Grebe kicked a 24-yard field goal with 1 minute, 27 seconds left and Navy beat San Diego State.
Reynolds sets NCAA record for career rushing touchdowns by a quarterback
Saturday's clash features the top two rushing programs in the country.
Navy ran for 336 yards in the game against the Fighting Irish
Army vs. Navy FB 12-13-14
Navy vs. Georgia Southern FB 11-15
Navy vs. Notre Dame FB 11-1-14
Navy vs. Western Kentucky FB 9-27-14
Navy takes on Air Force
• At Navy: Enters the fall as the starter at fullback after serving as Noah Copeland’s back-up for the last two seasons ...has terrifc size and speed ... is being counted on to have a monster senior campaign ... has earned three varsity letters.
• 2014: Part of an offensive unit that ended the year ranked No. 1 nationally in fewest penalties per game (2.54), fewest penalty yards per game (24.77), No. 2 in rushing offense (338.1), No. 2 in passing yards per completion (17.06), No. 6 in fewest passes intercepted (5), No. 11 in third down conversion (.481) and No. 36 in red zone offense (.873) ... played in all 13 games where he amassed 693 yards on 104 carries and scored four touchdowns ... averaged 6.7 yards per carry, which is the fifth best single-season average in school history ... also caught the first pass of his career, a 12-yard touchdown ... Navy’s leading rusher in the Poinsettia Bowl win against San Diego State with 72 yards on eight carries ... rushed for 47 yards on nine carries in leading the Mids to their 13th straight victory over Army ... carried the ball nine times for 64 yards and a 34-yard touchdown at South Alabama ... rushed for 34 yards on six carries against Georgia Southern ... carried the ball five times for 21 yards, including a four-yard touchdown against Notre Dame ... also caught his first collegiate pass which resulted in a 12-yard TD reception ... part of an offense that rushed for 423 yards against San Jose State, Navy’s third 400-yard rushing game of the season and the 27th-best rushing performance in program history ... rushed for 41 yards on eight carries against San Jose State and broke the 1,000-yard milestone for career rushing yards ... carried the ball 11 times for 58 yards against VMI ... played a phenomenal game against Air Force where he turned in a career-high 103 yards on 14 carries ... it marked the first 100-yard game of his career and featured a career-long tying 46-yard touchdown ... it was his longest run since his Plebe year when he ran for a 46-yard TD against Arizona State in the bowl game ... carried the ball six times for 52 yards against Western Kentucky and featured a 28-yard run ... carried the ball four times for 28 yards against Rutgers ... rushed for 68 yards on 10 carries and scored a 14-yard touchdown at Texas State ... carried the ball 11 times for 70 yards at Temple ... rushed for 35 yards on three carries against No. 5 Ohio State in the opener.
• 2013: A starter in seven of the 11 games in which he played, Swain was the team’s second-leading rusher with 420 yards on 107 carries (3.9 ypc) and four touchdowns ... member of Navy’s offensive unit that finished the year ranked No. 1 nationally in turnovers lost (10), No. 2 in rushing offense (325.4), No. 6 in passing yards per completion (15.09), No. 6 in third down conversion (51.1), 11th in fourth down conversions (67.9) and 12th in turnover margin (+0.9) ... Navy rushed for 366 yards on 67 attempts against Middle Tennessee in the Bell Helicopter Armed Force Bowl, marking the sixth straight game the Mids topped the 300-yard rushing milestone ... it’s the first time Navy has accomplished the feat since 2007 ... carried the ball five times for 22 yards against Middle Tennessee ... helped pave the way for QB Keenan Reynolds to score touchdown runs of 47 (2:38, 2Qtr), 11 (6:22, 4Qtr) and 1 yards (0:46, 4Qtr) against Army and in doing so set the NCAA record for single-season rushing TDs by a quarterback ... tNavy’s 34 points are the most it has scored against Army since defeating the Black Knights 34-0 in 2008 ... the 343 yards rushing by the Mids are the most in an Army-Navy game since 2008 (368) ... returned to the playing field against Army after sitting out the South Alabama and San Jose State games with a hamstring injury suffered in the first half of the Hawai’i game ... gained 25 yards on six carries against the Black Knights ... Navy’s offense opened the way for QB Keenan Reynolds to rush for a career-high 226 yards on 28 carries against Hawai’i, becoming only the seventh quarterback in school history to rush for 200 yards ... it’s the third most by a Navy QB in program history ... meanwhile, he rushed for a career-best four touchdowns which are tied for the third most in Navy history ... carried the ball four times for four yards against Hawai’i ... part of an offensive unit that posted 28 first downs against Notre Dame which are the most by the Mids in series history ... the offense also gained 331 yards on the ground which were the most against Notre Dame since the 2010 contest (367) ... led the Mids in rushing at Notre Dame, gaining 85 yards on 16 carries while also scoring an 11-yard touchdown ... carried the ball five times for 21 yards in the Mids’ win over Pitt ... part of a Navy offense that set a school record for number of offensive plays with 106 against Toledo (was 105 vs. Air Force in 2011) and rush attempts with 93 (was 80 vs. Rice in 2009 and air force in 2011) ... with 35 first downs against the Rockets, the Mids were just one first down shy of tying the school record ... rushed for 62 yards and a touchdown on 13 carries at Toledo ...his 16-yard carry against the Rockets was his long carry of the season ... carried the ball 13 times for 61 yards, including a season-long 10-yard run ... part of an offensive unit that scored 21 consecutive points to lead the Mids to their most lop-sided victory over Air Force since 1978 (37-8) ... rushed for 30 yards on eight carries against the Falcons ... led Navy is rushing with 32 yards on a career-high 14 carries at Western Kentucky ... the Mids had 515 yards (444R, 71P) in its season-opening win over Indiana and 589 yards (352R, 237P) in its win over Delaware ... it’s the first time Navy has put together back-to-back 500-plus yards on total offense since 2007 (Ball State 540, Duke 540) ... the 589 yards of total offense against Indiana are the most by the Mids since Nov. 6, 2010, when they produced 596 yards (521R, 75P) in a 76-35 win over East Carolina ... Navy’s 237 yards passing are the most since throwing for 248 yards against Stanford on Sept. 10, 2005 ... carried the ball 13 times for 49 yards that featured a two-yard touchdown in the Mids’ home opener against Delaware ... carried the ball 10 times for 29 yards, including a three-yard touchdown run in the opening quarter against the Hoosiers.
• 2012: Saw action in each of the last four games, including making his collegiate debut at Troy where he carried the ball three times for 10 yards ... contributed to an offensive unit that finished the year ranked sixth nationally in rushing offense, averaging 278.46 yards per game ... played his best game in the finale against Arizona State in the Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl where he carried the ball four times for a career-high 93 yards ... busted loose for a 46-yard touchdown run in the fourth quarter which was the longest carry of his career and marked his first collegiate touchdown ... also had a spectacular 36-yard carry earlier in the game ... carried the ball just once for six yards against Army, but his extra effort gave Navy a first down on his rush ... carried the ball seven times for a career-high 45 yards in Navy’s Senior Day win over Texas State.
• High School / Personal: A 2011 graduate of Mount de Sales Academy, Swain attended the Naval Academy Prep School during the 2011-12 academic year ... a two-sport athlete who lettered four times in football and twice in track & field ... a two-time all-region selection, he earned All-State (Ga.) honors as a senior ... named the Macon Touchdown Club Back of the Year in 2011 ... also a First-Team All-Middle Georgia selection ... garnered All-State honors as a sprinter and thrower on the track & field team in 2011 ... also took recruiting visits to Georgia Southern and Valdosta State ... his brother, Myles, is a junior at the Academy and also plays fullback ... son of Archie and Latasha Swain ... majoring in international relations.