Navy is looking to start 3-0 in back-to-back seasons for the first time sine the 1978 and '79 seasons.
Will Worth scored two touchdowns in his debut as Navy's starting quarterback
WBAL Radio To Air Two Hour Navy Football Special Tonight; 30 Minute Special Tomorrow Before Pregame Show
Medhurst, Nelson, Miller and Murray
By Justin Mears
Navy Co-Captains Toneo Gulley And Daniel Gonzales To Wear #2 In Honor Of Injured Quarterback Tago Smith
The two will wear #2 for the first time this Saturday against UConn
Navy-Fordham Football 9-3-16
The Midshipmen face Fordham, on Sept. 3, 2016.
2015 Navy-SMU FB
Army vs. Navy FB 12-13-14
2013 Armed Forces Bowl Game
• At Navy: Enters the fall as the starting quarterback, replacing four-year starter Keenan Reynolds ... came to Navy as a slot back, but was moved to quarterback the week of the Toledo game in 2013 after John Hendrick suffered a season-ending knee injury ... talented player with good speed and quickness ... had never played quarterback until being switched there by the Navy coaches ... has really improved his passing and was very impressive in the spring ... has earned two varsity letters.
• 2015: Saw action in eight contests where he completed two of his three passes for 30 yards and a touchdown and carried the ball 27 times for 126 yards and a TD ... played the bulk of the fourth quarter at Tulsa, rushing for 27 yards on five carries ... carried the ball four times for 22 yards, including a spectacular eight-yard TD run against SMU ... spelled Keenan Reynolds for a drive against USF ... carried the ball twice for five yards against the Bulls ... completed his only pass in the Tulane game for a 24-yard touchdown to Calvin Cass Jr. ... saw extensive action in the Notre Dame game after Keenan Reynolds left due to injury in the second quarter ... rushed for 47 yards on nine carries and completed one of his two passes for six yards and also threw and interception ... carried the ball twice for two yards in reserve duty against East Carolina ... took over the QB duties in the latter stages of the Colgate game where he carried the ball five times for 23 yards.
• 2014: Made appearances in six games and made two starts ... carried the ball 38 times for 118 yards and three touchdowns, while completing 10 of his 14 passes (.714) for 215 yards and three TDs ... made the start against VMI where he rushed for 24 yards and a touchdown on nine carries and threw for 82 yards and a touchdown on 3-for-5 passing ... found Noah Copeland for a 16-yard strike late in the second quarter and scored from two yards out in the third quarter ... played Navy’s final series against Air Force where he connected on both of his throws for 16 yards ... made his first career start at QB at Texas State where he rushed for a career-best 85 yards on 27 carries and two touchdowns, while completing 5 of 7 passes for a career-high 117 yards and 2 touchdowns ... on 3rd-and-8 with 3:00 to go in the opening quarter, scrambled for a career-long 27-yard run ... threw a 6-yard touchdown pass to Brendan Dudeck in the opening quarter for his first career passing touchdown ... ran the ball in from 1 yard out (10:14, 2Qtr) for his second career rushing touchdown and first of the season ... threw a 67-yard touchdown pass to Jamir Tillman in the fourth quarter, Navy’s longest touchdown pass since Ricky Dobbs threw a 77-yarder to John Howell against Army on Dec. 11, 2010 ... came into the game late in the fourth quarter at Temple when Keenan Reynolds was injured ... carried the ball once for four yards ... saw action in relief of Reynolds late in the opener against No. 5 Ohio State.
• 2013: Made appearances in four games, carrying the ball five times for 50 yards (10.0 ypc) and a touchdown ... came off the bench in the bowl game against Middle Tennessee State to replace an injured Keenan Reynolds and carried the ball twice for 12 yards and picked up a first down ... relieved starting QB Keenan Reynolds with 5:05 to play in the game against South Alabama, seeing his first playing time at quarterback ... scored his first-career touchdown on a 24-yard run against the Jags ... part of an offense that eclipsed the 500-yard total offense mark for the third time this season when the Mids posted 519 yards in their win over South Alabama to become bowl eligible ... Navy also rushed for 351 yards, marking the first time since 2010 that it has topped the 300-yard rushing mark in three straight games (331 vs. Notre Dame, 383 vs. Hawai’i) ... the 42-point output against the Jaguars marked the fifth time this season Navy has scored 40-plus points ... made his collegiate debut against Delaware and also played slot back on the final drive at Duke.
• High School / Personal: A 2012 graduate of Fayette County High School, Smith attended the Naval Academy Prep School during the 2012-13 academic year ... a four-sport standout who earned letters in baseball (2), football (4), tennis (1) and track & field (2 - sprints, throws) ... also received offers from Georgia Tech and Georgia Southern as an athlete ... came to Navy as an athlete with the option to play defensive back, slot back or quarterback ... chose slot back because he wanted the ball in his hands, however, moved to quarterback for the good of the team ... son of Vieni Ta’Amilo ... named after his grandfather, Tago means High chief ... majoring in economics.