Senior nose guard and co-captain from Monessen, Pa.
Junior nose guard from Albany, Ga.
The junior linebacker was second on the team in tackles last year
Jernigan enters the fall as Navy's starting punter
Barta is a sophomore from Clarkston, Michigan
• At Navy: Enters the fall second on the depth chart at inside linebacker behind Micah Thomas ... has good size ... has played mostly on special teams the last two years ... has earned two varsity letters.
• 2014: A member of the Mids’ special teams who saw action in 11 games and produced 11 tackles ... turned in a solo tackle against Georgia Southern ... pitched in three tackles against Notre Dame ... turned in three tackles in the win over San Jose State ... part of a defensive unit that surrendered one touchdown to VMI which was scored with 14 seconds left in the game ... turned in a career-best four tackles against the Keydets.
• 2013: Played in seven games as a member of special teams, including each of the last six contests ... turned in five tackles on the year ... contributed a career-best two tackles in Navy’s 34-7 win over Army ... after nursing an injury for much of the season, returned to the special teams unit against Notre Dame where he made a solo tackle ... posted a tackle against South Alabama and at San Jose State ... made his collegiate debut in the Mids’ opener against Indiana as a member of special teams.
• 2012: Did not see any varsity action.
• High School / Personal: A 2012 graduate of Plymouth High School, Goble lettered four years in football and three in baseball ... named to the Detroit Free Press All-State Dream Team in 2011 ... an all-conference selection as a junior ... served as team captain of the football squad as a junior and senior ... volunteered his time coaching a local little league football team ... member of the National Honor Society ... active among the Fellowship of Christian Athletes ... brother, Ronnie, played football at Bowling Green ... father, Ron, played baseball at Eastern Michigan and his mother, Lisa, was a volleyball player at Eastern Michigan ... son of Ronald and Lisa Goble ... majoring in quantitative economics ... has earned a 3.44 grade-point average ... has been over a 3.0 every semester of his college career.