By Gary Lambrecht
To be eligible for the honor the nominee must have attained a minimum grade point average of 3.00 for the entire academic year.
Reynolds is just the fourth Navy football player to have his number retired
Six Navy Players Named All-East
Listen to interviews with Will Anthony, Keenan Reynolds and Ken Niumatalolo
Navy vs. Pitt - Military Bowl
Army-Navy Football 2015
2014 Navy-USF FB
2015 Navy-Tulane Football
2015 Navy-Air Force Football
• At Navy: Enters the fall as the starter at left defensive end after starting 13 games at right defenisve end last fall ... has great speed coming off the edge ... has a great motor, never takes a play off ... named to the Preseason All-AAC fourth team by Phil Steele ... has earned three varsity letters.
• 2014: A starter at defensive end in all 13 contests, he garnered First-Team FBS All-Independent honors, was an All-Independent selection by Phil Steele and received All East recognition ... finished the year fifth in tackles with 67 (32-35) and led the team in both tackles for loss (11.0-29 yds) and sacks (2.5-12 yds) ... part of a defensive unit that was ranked 38th nationally in interceptions (13), 31st in passing yards allowed (205.2) and 38th in red zone defense (.788) ... contributed a pair of tackles, including a tackle for a loss of four yards in Navy's Poinsettia Bowl win over San Diego State ... despite the Mids' four fumbles in the game, including three in Navy territory, Navy's defense surrendered just a pair of field goals to the Aztecs ... part of a defensive unit that held Army without an offensive touchdown and under 50 yards passing, the first Navy opponent since Army in 2012 ... the Mids' defense held Army under 300 yards total offense (235) and 200 yards rushing (198) ... turned in six tackles, including two tackles for a loss and a sack ... recovered an Army fumble for the second straight year, this his first of the year ... played perhaps his best game of the season with a career-high 12 tackles, including 2.5 tackles for a loss and a sack at South Alabama ... garnered FBS Independent Defensive Player of the Week for his performance against the Jags ... turned in six tackles against Georgia Southern, including a half a tackle for a loss ... contributed three tackles, including a half a tackle for a loss of four yards against Notre Dame ... turned in six tackles, including 1.5 tackles for a loss against San Jose State ... part of a defensive unit that surrendered one touchdown to VMI which was scored with 14 seconds left in the game ... was in on three tackles against the Keydets, including teaming up with fellow end Paul Quessenberry for Navy's first sack since its opener ... recorded nine tackles at Air Force, including a tackle for a loss of two yards ... posted four tackles and was credited with a pair of quarterback hurries against Western Kentucky ... pitched in a pair of tackles against Rutgers, including a loss for two yards ... turned in six tackles at Texas State, including five solo stops ... contributed four tackles in the win at Temple ... opened the year against fifth-ranked Ohio State by making his second collegiate start and recorded five tackles including a tackle for a loss of two yards.
• 2013: Made appearances in all 13 contests, including the Bell Helicopter Armed Forces Bowl where he made his first collegiate start ... member of the Mids' defensive unit that held eight of its 13 opponents under their scoring average, including Middle Tennessee who managed just two field goals in the 24-6 loss to the Mids ... the six points were the fewest allowed among the bowl games and Navy's defense was the only unit in the country to not allow a touchdown in the postseason ... Navy was also the only team in the country who did not give up a pass of 50 yards or more over the course of the season ... turned in 27 tackles for the year, the most of any defensive lineman on the team, and recovered a fumble ... held Middle Tennessee to a season-low six points en route to winning the Bell Helicopter Armed Forces Bowl ... contributed a tackle against the Blue Raiders ... Navy's defense held Army, then ranked No. 2 in the country in rushing (323.6), to a season-low 157 yards ... Navy was the only team to hold the Black Knights under 200 yards rushing in 2013 ... the Mids held Army to a season-low seven points ... it's the fewest points scored by the Black Knights against the Mids since 2009 when Navy posted a 17-3 win in Philly ... posted two tackles against Army and recovered an Angel Santiago fumble at the Black Knights 35 (6:01, 4Qtr) ... it was his first fumble recovery this season and the second of his career ... turned in four tackles in the triple OT win at San Jose State ... Navy's defensive unit held South Alabama to a season-low 14 points, 15 points under the Jags' average ... the Mids held South Alabama off the scoreboard for the 39 minutes of the contest as Navy scored the final 32 points of the game ... the Jags averaged just 3.3 yards per rush and 5.0 yards per passing attempts which were season lows for a Navy opponent this season, as was their 300 yards of total offense ... pitched in a tackle against South Alabama ... posted a pair of tackles against Hawai'i ... registered a pair of tackles at Notre Dame ... turned in a tackle against Pitt as the Mids held the Panthers to a touchdown under their scoring average ... recorded a then career-high six tackles at Toledo ... chipped in a tackle at Duke ... part of a defense that held Air Force scoreless in the second half and to a season-low 10 points, while holding the Falcons to 231 yards on the ground, better than 60 yards under their average ... produced a solo stop against Western Kentucky ... pitched in five tackles against Delaware in the home opener ... contributed a solo tackle against Indiana.
• 2012: A member of special teams, he saw action in every game as a rookie, including making his debut in the Mids' opener against Notre Dame where he was a member of the kick return team ... produced a career-high three tackles against Arizona State in the Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl and recovered a fumble, the first of his career ... turned in a tackle at Troy ... saw time on defense in the Mids' win at Central Michigan where he registered his first career tackle which went for a loss of three yards.
• High School / Personal: A 2011 graduate of Trinity Christian Academy, Anthony attended the Naval Academy Prep School during the 2011-12 academic year ... a three-sport athlete who earned four letters in football and three each in basketball and weight lifting ... member of the football team that claimed the state championship in 2010 and was the state runner-up in 2009 ... also recruited by Air Force ... son of Bill and Lisa Anthony ... majoring in economics ... has a 3.24 grade point average ... earned a 3.63 grade point average last fall.