Navy Football Seniors Josh Brown and Winn Howard Selected to the National Football Foundation Hampshire Honor Society
Nominees for the Hampshire Honor Society must have completed their final year of eligibility in 2017, maintain a minimum undergraduate cumulative GPA of 3.2 or higher and be a starter or significant contributor throughout the 2017 season.
Navy Football Senior Linebackers Micah Thomas and Winn Howard Selected for Second Semester Leadership Positions Within The Brigade of Midshipmen
Thomas was selected as the Second Regiment Commander, which is the second highest position you can receive next to Brigade Commander (there are two regimental commanders). Howard will serve as the Third Battalion Commander (there are six battalion commanders)
Navy will honor its 34 seniors in a pregame ceremony.
The winner of the Navy-Air Force game has gone on to win the Commander-In-Chief's Trophy every year since 1997.
Senior nose guard from Phoenix, Ariz.
Navy at Notre Dame photos: USA Today Sports Images
Photos from Navy football vs. SMU - Saturday, Nov. 11, 2017
Navy-Houston Football 10-8-16
Navy-Fordham Football 9-3-16
2015 Navy-SMU FB
• At Navy: Enters the fall third on the depth chart at inside linebacker behind Micah Thomas and Brandon Jones ... moving to outside linebacker for a period of time in the spring before moving back inside ... has good lateral quickness ... has been a special teams contributor in each of the last two years ... has earned two varsity letters.
• 2016: A member of special teams, he saw action in all 14 contests where he posted eight tackles ... contributed a career-high tying two tackles, including his first career tackle for a loss at SMU ... recorded a career-high tying two tackles in the win at East Carolina ... pitched in a pair of stops at Air Force ... equalled his career high in tackles with a pair against Fordham in the opener.
• 2015: A member of special teams, he saw action in 11 games ... played the bulk of the fourth quarter against Tulsa where he turned in his first career tackles ... made his collegiate debut in Navy’s opener against Colgate.
• 2014: Did not see any varsity action.
• High School / Personal: A 2013 graduate of Palmer Ridge High School, Howard attended the Naval Academy Prep School during the 2013-14 academic year ... a two-sport athlete who earned letters in football (4) and track & field (4) ... a two-time All-State (Colo.) and all-city football selection who served as team captain his junior and senior years ... also considered Colorado and Northwestern ... father played football at Colorado (1980-83) ... son of Tim and Karen Howard ... majoring in political science ... has a 3.21 grade-point average.