Navy Men’s Golf Set to Open Spring Season on Monday
The Navy men’s golf team will open the spring season this week when it takes part in The Legacy Intercollegiate. The 54-hole tournament will be held at the par 72 Tom Fozio Course at The Legacy Club at Alaqua Lakes in Florida with 36 holes slated for Monday with tee times beginning at 7:30 am, while the final round will be played on Tuesday beginning at 8:00 am. Fans can follow the tournament via GolfStat.com.
In addition to Navy, the field includes Bethune-Cookman, Embry-Riddle, Florida Atlantic, Florida Gulf Coast, IUPUI, Morehead State, Keiser and Stetson (host)
1. Thomas Fricke (Sr, Haymarket, Va.), 2. Griffin Peters (Jr, Fountain Hills, Ariz.), 3. Charlie Musto (Fr, Sterling, Va.), 4. Matthew Starobin (Jr, Davidsonville, Md.), 5. Thomas Garbee (So, Asheville, N.C.)
• This will be Navy’s sixth tournament during the course of the 2017-18 season, placing eighth (14) at The Doc Gimmler, 15th (15) at the Fighting Illini Invitational, 11th (13) at the David Toms Intercollegiate, 10th (17) at the Bucknell Fall Invitational and sixth (11) at the Georgetown Intercollegiate.
• Team captain Thomas Fricke, Matthew Starobin and Griffin Peters played in four of the five tournaments (2 were played over the same weekend), while Thomas Garbee saw action in three events and Charlie Musto a pair.
• Among his five rounds of action, Charlie Musto has posted a 73.20 stroke average which leads the Mids to date. Griffin Peters, meanwhile, is second with a 74.91 average and has covered 11 rounds. Thomas Fricke has played 11 rounds and is third on the team with a 75.18 mark, while Starobin owns a 76.36 average among his four tournaments.
• Charlie Musto is the lone player on the team with a top-10 finish this season, earning his first collegiate win in a playoff at the fall finale, the Georgetown Intercollegiate.
### Go Navy ###