The Mids lead the series against the Monarchs, 6-2.
• 2016: A four-year Navy football player who joined the wrestling team upon completion of the football season.
• 2016: A starter in each of the last 27 contests of his career ... was tied for fourth on the team with 56 tackles, including two sacks and 8.5 tackles for loss ... also chipped in a pass breakup, two QB hurries, a forced fumble, a fumble recovery and a blocked kick ... posted three tackles against LA Tech in the Armed Forces Bowl ... recorded a career-high tying seven tackles and recovered a fumble against Army ... produced a career-high tying seven stops, including a career-best 3.0 tackles for a loss of 15 yards and a sack against Temple in the AAC Championship Game ... chipped in a tackle and broke up a pass at SMU ... turned in three tackles in the win at East Carolina ... registered a career-high tying seven tackles and was a quarterback hurry in Navy’s victory against Tulsa on Senior Day ... chipped in one tackle and was credited with a quarterback hurry against Notre Dame ... recorded three tackles and blocked a 48-yard field goal by USF’s Brandon Behr ... it was Navy’s first blocked field goal since Will Anthony blocked a 33-yard attempt by SMU’s Chad Hedlund on Nov. 14, 2015 ... turned in four tackles, including 1.5 tackles for a loss and a sack in the win over Memphis ... it was his first sack of the year ... part of a defensive unit that caused three Houston turnovers (2 INT, 1 Fumble) that in turn led to 17 points for the Mids ... chipped in a career-best seven tackles against the Cougars, including six solo stops ... recorded a tackle for a loss of two yards ... recorded six tackles at Air Force ... produced four tackles at Tulane, including a career-high tying two tackles for a loss of eight yards ... turned in three tackles, including a tackle for loss of seven yards in Navy’s win over UConn in the conference opener ... also forced a fumble ... partnered up with Patrick Forrestal to keep the Huskies out of the end zone on the final play of the game from the half yard line ... part of a defensive effort that held Fordham to three field goals on the Rams’ three trips to the red zone.
• 2015: Played and started all 13 contests at defensive end ... part of a defensive squad that was ranked #12 in red zone defense (.737) #32 in rushing defense (143.0), #26 in scoring defense (21.8), #40 in total defense (364.9), #13 in turnovers gained (27), #3 in turnover margin (+1.46), #1 in fumbles recovered (15) ... Navy held its opponents to 21 points or less in 10 of its 13 contests ... closed out the year with 47 tackles, including 5.0 tackles for loss and two sacks ... also posted four pass breakups, a forced fumble and a fumble recovery ... started the Pitt game, but left early after reinjuring his ankle ... turned in a pair of first half tackles against Army West Point before leaving the game with an injury ... contributed a pair of tackles, both for a loss, and a quarterback hurry at Houston ... turned in five tackles at Tulsa and recovered a fumble, the first of his career ... led Navy with a career-high tying six tackles against SMU, including a sack for a loss of nine yards ... also broke up a pass ... turned in four tackles against Memphis ... chipped in three solo tackles against USF and a quarterback hurry ... turned in a solo tackle and broke up a pass in the win against Tulane ... posted five tackles, including a tackle for loss at Notre Dame ... turned in a career-high tying six tackles against Air Force ... part of a defensive unit that held Air Force scoreless in the opening half and held the Falcons to their fewest yards of total offense (277) since 2009 (240) ... held the Falcons to just 11 points, their lowest scoring out put since Notre Dame defeated them 45-10 on Oct. 26, 2013 ... turned in a career-best six tackles at UConn ... produced a pair of tackles, including a sack for a loss of five yards in Navy’s league opener against East Carolina ... broke up a pass and forced his first career fumble that was recovered by teamate Will Anthony ... turned in five tackles and broke up a pass against Colgate in what was his first career start.
• 2014: Played in five games as a member of special teams, including making his collegiate debut in the Mids’ opener against No. 5 Ohio State ... chipped in a tackle against Georgia Southern ... part of a defensive unit that surrendered one touchdown to VMI which was scored with 14 seconds left in the game ... his lone tackle against the Keydets went down as a tackle for a loss of four yards.
• 2013: Did not see any varsity action.
• High School / Personal: A 2013 graduate of Brentwood Academy, Mason was a three-sport standout who earned letters in football (4), track & field (4 - throws) and wrestling ... garnered All-State (Tenn.) football honors as a junior and senior, while also serving as team captain those same years ... a three-time All-State (Tenn.) selection in wrestling (2011-13), he was a two-year team captain ... a three-time state wrestling champion (2010, `11, `13) who won 133 consecutive matches ... was the 2013 Tennessee state champion in the discus ... attended the same high school as 2011 Navy football captain Jabaree Tuani, Mason Graham (`12), Barry Dabney (‘14) and Kwazel Bertrand (‘16) ... had an offer from Army West Point ... son of Fred Mason and April Moore ... majoring in economics.