Among the award winners were all four of Navy's 2017 NCAA qualifiers - Jadaen Bernstein, Steban Cervantes, Michael Coleman and Jared Prince.
Spencer Carey, Joshua Roetman and AJ Alford have qualified for the USA Wrestling Junior World Team Trials slated to be held June 9-10 in Lincoln, Neb.
Jadaen Bernstein became just the 14th wrestler in program history to reach 30 wins multiple times over a career.
Each of the Mids are three wins away from earning All-America recognition.
Jared Prince (141), Jadaen Bernstein (174), Michael Coleman (184) and Steban Cervantes (197) begin their quest to win an NCAA title on Thursday at the NCAA Championship in St. Louis.
Navy-Old Dominion Wrestling 2.3.17
All-Academy Championship 1-29-17
Navy-Lehigh Wrestling 1-13-17
2016 Navy Classic
2016 Blue-Gold Duals
2015 EIWA Champion (174)
2015, ‘16, ‘17 NCAA Qualifier
• Bernstein in 2016-17 (Jr.): Reached the 30-win mark for the second consecutive year as Navy’s starter at 174 pounds ... posted a 31-10 record that was highlighted by his first undefeated dual season (9-0) ... earned dual victories over Johns Hopkins’ Jared Forman (14-3), Delaware Valley’s David Furmato (1:14), American’s Joe Salvi (19-3), Maryland’s Idris White (23-8), Lehigh’s Chase Gallick (15-12), Duke’s Connor Bass (8-3), Old Dominion’s Antonio Agee (4-3), George Mason’s Ryan Forrest (16-6) and Army’s Ben Harvey (3-1) ... placed in four of the five regular-season tournaments in which he competed ... won titles at the Navy Classic and All-Academy Championship, while placing second at the Harold Nichols Open and eighth at the Southern Scuffle ... placed fourth at the EIWA Championship to earn his third consecutive trip to the NCAA Championship ... won three matches at the NCAA Championship, including a 14-6 major decision over 13th-ranked Taylor Lujan of Northern Iowa before bowing out in the blood round ... defeated four nationally-ranked wrestlers over the course of the season, including a 7-3 victory over 12th-ranked Casey Kent of Penn in the opening round of the NCAA Championship, just 12 days after falling to Kent in the third-round match at the EIWA Championship.
• 2015-16 (So.): Navy’s starter at 174 pounds, turned in a 34-12 record that featured a 7-1 dual meet mark ... the 34 wins are the third most by a sophomore in program history, while his 58 wins in his first two seasons tied as the third most in the Navy record book ... additionally, the 34 wins are the fourth most at 174 pounds in Navy history ... earned his second consecutive NCAA Tournament berth after placing third at the EIWA Championship ... placed in six of the eight tournaments in which he competed - Bearcat Open (5th), Michigan State Open (6th), Navy Classic (6th), Cliff Keen Las Vegas Invitational (4th), All-Academy Championship (2nd) and EIWA Championship (3rd) ... in the two tournaments in which he did not place, he was forced out due to injury (Southern Scuffle, NCAA Championship) ... turned in a 4-8 record against ranked wrestlers, earning wins over #10 Ricky Robertson of Wisconsin twice (8-5, 7-3), #12 Matt Reed of Oklahoma (3-1 sv) and #3 Ethan Ramos of North Carolina (13-8) ... won his first two matches at the EIWA Championship, before dropping a 9-3 decision in the semifinals to Cornell’s Brian Realbuto, who was ranked #3 in the country ... bounced back to defeat Harvard’s Josef Johnson (8-4) and Bucknell’s Rustin Barrick (8-6) to take third ... won his opening two matches at the NCAA Championship, including usetting fourth-seeded Ethan Ramos of North Carolina in his opening bout ... although he would finish out the match against 11th-ranked Nathan Jackson of Indiana, a head injury suffered in the match eliminated him from competition at the NCAA Tournament in the third round.
• 2014-15 (Fr.): One of Navy’s most decorated freshman wrestlers in recent memory, he etched NCAA qualifier, EIWA Champion and EIWA Freshman of the Year next to his name by year’s end ... additionally he was named to the Amateur Wrestling News All-Rookie Team after being rated the No. 2 freshman at 174 pounds ... produced a 24-15 record as the starter at 174 pounds, which included a 5-3 mark in dual competition ... seeded fourth, he won four straight matches, including two over the No. 1 and 3 seeds, to win the 2015 EIWA Championship individual title at 174 pounds ... scored a takedown in sudden victory to defeat Lehigh’s Santiago Martinez to secure the first EIWA individual crown since 1992 when Dan Hicks won the heavyweight division ... he would also be voted the 2015 EIWA Freshman of the Year by the league’s coaches, becoming the first Navy wrestler to win the award ... by way of his EIWA title, he received an automatic berth to wrestle at the NCAA Championship where he put together a 1-2 mark ... over the course of the season he placed in five of the eight tournaments, including a second-place showing at the season-opening Michigan State Open (Fr/So. Div.) where he earned his first collegiate victory, an 8-0 major against Michigan’s Wesley Maskill ... Bernstein also placed third at the East Stroudsburg Open, sixth at the Navy Classic, and second at the All-Academy Championship ... was 3-8 against ranked wrestlers, earning wins over 20th-ranked Ray Waters of Arizona State at the Cliff Keen Las Vegas Invitational, eight-ranked Bryce Hammond of Cal State Bakersfield at the CKLV Invitational and 19th-ranked Phil Bakuckas of Rutgers in dual action.
• High School: A 2013 graduate of Voorhees High School in Glen Gardner, N.J., Bernstein attended the Naval Academy Prep School during the 2013-14 academic year ... a three-sport standout who earned letters in football (4), track & field (3) and wrestling (4) ... a three-time District 17 and Region 5 champion in wrestling, he placed second at the New Jersey State Championship win 2011 and ‘13 and seventh in ‘12 ... served as wrestling team captain three years ... graduated as the wrestling program’s all-time wins leader (135-9) ... led his wrestling team to the 2013 State Sectional Championship ... member of his high school football team that won the Mid-State 3A Conference Championship in 2012.
• Personal: Son of Dan and Sheldia Bernstein ... sister, LeShay Bernstein, graduated from the Naval Academy in 2011 and was a member of the track & field team ... his brother, Dantaun, is a 2016 graduate of the Naval Academy ... majoring in Economics. Son of Dan and Sheldia Bernstein ... sister, LeShay Bernstein, graduated from the Naval Academy in 2011 and was a member of the track & field team ... his brother, Dantaun, is a 2016 graduate of the Naval Academy ... majoring in Economics.