Former Navy football player Carter Shipley joined the wrestling team this week and placed sixth in his first competition.
Navy has won the team title in 19 of the previously-wrestled 35 Navy Classics.
Fifteen Mids will be in action on Saturday in East Lansing.
The Midshipmen have won 12 consecutive Star Matches against the Black Knights.
Navy's seniors will be honored prior to the match.
• Schaeffer in 2014-15 (Jr.): Posted a 14-8 record among the five tournaments in which he competed ... five of his 14 matches were won by fall ... placed fifth at the Shorty Hitchcock Open behind a 3-1 record.
• 2012-13 (So.): Made appearances in four tournaments where he put together a 3-8 record ... had his best success at the Shorty Hitchcock Open where he won three of his five tournaments.
• 2012-13 (Fr.): Turned in a 3-6 record among the three tournaments in which he competed ... claimed his first collegiate win via a 3-2 victory over Nicholas Grossi of The Citadel at the Navy Classic ... also wrestled at the Knight Point Open and the Nittany Lion Open.
• High School: A 2012 graduate of Westfield High School, Schaeffer was a two-sport athlete who lettered in football and wrestling ... a two-time Indiana State Qualifier in wrestler ... qualified at 189 pounds as a junior and was the runnerup at 182 pounds as a senior ... served as the wrestling team captain his senior year.
• Personal: Son of Eric and Gina Schaeffer ... majoring in History.